Post by yegga » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:25 am

hello,

when i try to create a new account, no action happens at all.
i checked my /catalog/view/theme/default/template/account/create.tpl and replaced it with the original that i downloaded (opencart 1.3.2) and i see no actio nhappening then either.

so its a case of <a onclick="$('#create').submit();" class="button"> not having any action,

how do i fix this?

i have looked at the controller files, but i do not know what to fix exactly.

pls help, the stor eis live!

Post by Qphoria » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:15 am

Well it's pointless to make a post about a link not working on "your" site when you don't even post a link to "your"site.

Administrator

Post by yegga » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:02 am

sorry about that qphoria, look:

flapper.pl/sklep

right now i've replaced the 'create.tpl' with some placeholder text, but you can see on the following page:

http://www.flapper.pl/sklep/index.php?r ... ount/login

if you click on 'Zaloguj', nothing happens

(Zaloguj means 'login')

Post by yegga » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:19 am

anyone?

Post by i2Paq » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:22 am

yegga wrote:anyone?
I see a self-made template.

Have you checked the button of your template with that one of the original/default template?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by boriscm » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:13 am

Hello, it is most likely a Javascript error since the submit buttons are triggered by jquery's submit() function and i see that u load prototype and scriptaculous i believe that jquery takes the "$" function so prototype cannot use it.
u could try and use jQuery no conflict see for explanation.

http://docs.jquery.com/Using_jQuery_wit ... _Libraries

<script src="catalog/view/javascript/jquery/lightbox/js/prototype.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="catalog/view/javascript/jquery/lightbox/js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder" type="text/javascript"></script>

Greetings
boiscm

Post by Qphoria » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:35 am

You got so much crap in the script area its amazing anything works:

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript" src="catalog/view/javascript/jquery/jquery-1.3.2.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="catalog/view/javascript/jquery/thickbox/thickbox-compressed.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="catalog/view/javascript/jquery/thickbox/thickbox.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="catalog/view/javascript/jquery/tab.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="catalog/view/javascript/jquery/jquery.fancybox-1.2.1/jquery.fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.2.1.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="catalog/view/javascript/jquery/jquery.fancybox-1.2.1/jquery.fancybox/jquery.easing.1.3.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="catalog/view/javascript/jquery/lightbox/js/prototype.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="catalog/view/javascript/jquery/lightbox/js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="catalog/view/javascript/jquery/lightbox/js/lightbox.js"></script>

Mixing thickbox with fancybox and lightbox is just going to cause problems. As well as mixing prototype with jquery.

Administrator

Post by yegga » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:17 am

boriscm wrote:Hello, it is most likely a Javascript error since the submit buttons are triggered by jquery's submit() function and i see that u load prototype and scriptaculous i believe that jquery takes the "$" function so prototype cannot use it.
u could try and use jQuery no conflict see for explanation.

http://docs.jquery.com/Using_jQuery_wit ... _Libraries

<script src="catalog/view/javascript/jquery/lightbox/js/prototype.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="catalog/view/javascript/jquery/lightbox/js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder" type="text/javascript"></script>

Greetings
boiscm
yes it was scriptaculous and prototype, thank you boriscm

Post by yegga » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:32 am

perhaps i'm doing something wrong, but now after reverting to what boriscm suggested my lightbox2 no longer works? what should i include?

Post by boriscm » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:06 pm

That is because u maybe have removed the light box plug in? or in your case u have commented it out.
Best approach that works for me when creating a custom template regarding Javascript is just remove it all and use as minimal Javascript as possible in a separate file.

Greetings boriscm

<!--
<script type="text/javascript" src="catalog/view/javascript/jquery/jquery.fancybox-1.2.1/jquery.fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.2.1.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="catalog/view/javascript/jquery/jquery.fancybox-1.2.1/jquery.fancybox/jquery.easing.1.3.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="catalog/view/javascript/jquery/lightbox/js/prototype.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="catalog/view/javascript/jquery/lightbox/js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="catalog/view/javascript/jquery/lightbox/js/lightbox.js"></script>

-->

Post by boriscm » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:30 pm

Something of topic is that i am trying to setup my templates differently now.
I am trying to separate all Javascript in a separate file and load this file only when needed on a certain page.

So for example if i want to have a button do a submit(); on a certain page i want the controller to load for that page the Javascript file and execute that function on the other pages the script will not show as loaded in the header.

Post by yegga » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:55 am

hmm, my new layout page is pretty minimal: lightbox doesnt work; why?
http://www.flapper.pl/sklep/

Post by yegga » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:58 am

also one of these javascript tweaks has made my tabs disappear, what the hell

Post by boriscm » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:18 pm

That is because when i goto your product page i get a JavaScript error about easing have u installed firebug ? With firebug u can easy debug your JavaScript
greetings
boriscm

Post by yegga » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:08 pm

do the tabs use fancybox? what specific piece of javascript do they use?

Post by boriscm » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:00 pm

Hey the problem is that u have used lightbox2 for prototype it depends on the prototype javascript framework and scriptaculous.
But u want to make use of jqeury javascript framework as well if u mix and match these frameworks u have to use either jquery no conflict or find a substitution for lightbox a jquery plugin would be best.

If u install firebug u can debug your javascript, i have found several errors on your site i have included some.

Errors on homepage.

Object.extend is not a function
[Break on this error] }, window.LightboxOptions || {}); 
Errors on product page.

Object.extend is not a function
[Break on this error] }, window.LightboxOptions || {});
lightbox.js (regel 63)
$("a#product_image").fancybox is not a function
[Break on this error] 'easingOut' : 'easeInBack' 

Post by Qphoria » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:01 pm

jquery

Administrator

Post by yegga » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:00 am

qphoria your reply is quite mysterious, what do you mean by sayig jquery? i need to turn it off? it interrupts something else? what?