Post by nixis_86 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:44 am

Hello everyone!

I am in a panic, my site is supposed to go live this week and I think I have broken everything! Everything was working a few hours ago. I was reading about some SEO stuff and one of the last bullet points was to backup your database.

So I went to get into PHPMYAdmin... and forgot my password, so I stupidly reset it. Anyway, I exported the sql data and then tried to log back in to my Admin area of OpenCart, to no avail. I quickly put two and two together, and looked in my config.php file on my ftp to see what I had the database password as and changed it to be the same in PHMYadmin.

This then bought up a "Forgot password" link on the OC admin login, which I clicked and it reset my password for me. I can now log in to my admin panel, all my products are still there so it must be reading from the database fine however, the home page is completely empty. Not even the banner is showing and the layout is completely off!

I don't know what I have done, I was using a modified layout to Default but even switching back to 'Default' Layout brings up the same as this.

Please if anyone has any ideas or if there is any further information I can give I would really really appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks for reading.

Nix

edit: typos
Last edited by nixis_86 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by nixis_86 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:47 am

Sorry, in my panic I forgot to mention I am using OC 1.5.5.1.

Edit: So apparently there are 2 config.php files, one in the top dir and one in admin/ ... I had a discrepency between the two (one had a capital the other not) and now it works...

Disaster averted!

Post by lasa » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:48 am

..I can actually read the relief ... I'm glad for you.
Lasa2

Post by butte » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:24 am

The tiny tool ocreset.php changes your password on the spot, no mail involved. If you happen to have set the reminder link off, there would be no mail anyway. See http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 6&start=40 and note his download at http://www.jaygilford.com/download/ocreset -- upload into /admin/ when needed, delete when done.

Three files in particular -- /.htaccess and /config.php and /admin/config.php -- require quite careful proofreading and are often among the first things to check when failures occur.

Guru Member