Post by ckpepper02 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:54 am

So my client says that they are not receiving any email notification from Paypal when an order is placed. They check their paypal account, and see they have money from an order, but Paypal never sends an email. I've suggested that they have services@paypal.com blocked, but they confirmed that there is nothing in their junk mail folder, and no rules in their mail client, Outlook Express, blocking the email address. They said they stopped getting paypal emails once the store was launched.

I checked the Paypal Standard payment module and Test mode is OFF. Does anyone have a clue to what may be going on? I have Q's Itemized PayPal Patch installed on version 1.3.0.

Mail function in general is working from the store. Customers receive emails just fine. The store admin receives emails when order is placed.

Post by Qphoria » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:30 am

There were many "improvements" to the mail class since then that may address this.

Another test is to go into the paypal account and view the IPN History and verify that they are coming back with HTTP Status 200 and not a blank or missing status

Administrator

Post by ckpepper02 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:46 am

Qphoria wrote:There were many "improvements" to the mail class since then that may address this.

Another test is to go into the paypal account and view the IPN History and verify that they are coming back with HTTP Status 200 and not a blank or missing status
Thanks Q! How would I go about verifying the HTTP status?

I sent them a test payment from my pp account to see if they would receive email notification regularly, not through the store. No response from them yet.

Post by Qphoria » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:40 pm

you need to go through the store in live mode with your account. Then check your paypal account for IPN History and see if that IPN message made it through to your site.

Administrator