Post by knight_47 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:54 pm

Hello all,

I have a product in which the price depends on two options and am not very sure how to set it up within opencart. For example, say I sell table clothes, I have two options for the product, size and thickness. Base price would be $5, larger would be $5 more, and thicker would be $5 for the normal, but $10 more for the large.

The way it is setup now, a customer could choose the Large sized tablecloth, with the thicker material, but only pay $15 rather than $20, making me lose money. I hope my explanation made sense. Is it possible to charge the correct price? Even through some free or paid Mod?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Post by sytra » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:19 pm

Why not set up 2 options, one thickness and one for size? would that work?

Running OC 1.5.5.1 with vqmods.
http://www.aislings.co.uk
http://www.lovers-paradise-toys.co.uk

Post by knight_47 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:33 pm

sytra wrote:Why not set up 2 options, one thickness and one for size? would that work?
That is how it's setup at the moment, and it won't exactly work. Sorry for the bad example.

I have a Gauze that I sell, there are 3 sizes (sm: $1, md: $2, lg: 3), each size has a different price. Also each gauze has a thickness, 3-ply ($5, $6, $7, respectively with size), or 8-ply ($8, $9, $10, respectively..).

Additionally you can buy a single box, or a case of 10 boxes. So there are a total of three options, and some of the prices depend on the options chosen before them.

So if I try to create a single product, and give it a base price of $1 for the lowest costing item, the small 3-ply.

The first option for the size would be simple, just +$1 for the md, and +$2 for the large.

The trouble comes trying to incorporate the second option, because the price for the 3 and 8-ply depend on the size chosen above.

So if the second option, Thickness was given, how can I set the correct price for the 2 thicknesses? If the customer wanted size small, and 8-ply the price would be $8, but if they wanted large 8-ply it would be $9, there is no way to setup different prices to these options based on previous options correct?

So sorry for the lengthy write-up, I appreciate the help.

Is there any way to solve this issue?