Post by Reelgames » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:38 pm

Hi team. Weird problem. I am away at the moment and have tried to login to my Opencart admin area using a laptop I have with me. It will not let me in! It simply changed the address in the address bar from www.mysite.co.nz.admin to its full path of http://www.mysite.co.nz/admin/index.php ... ommon/home and then sits there. I tried logging in via my smart phone with out any problems so it does not appear to be site level or a session issue etc. As a double check, I tried also logging in to admin from my wifes iPhone. No problem at all to login and again, it does not appear to be a site issue. It seems specific to the laptop I am using which is connecting to the web via a portable hotspot on the phone I tested access on. I am running Opencart 1.5.4 and the laptop is running Windows 7. Can anyone please give me any advice on this pain in the butt issue?

Post by MarketInSG » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:24 pm

any idea what you see on the screen? Just blank? What happens if you refresh the page?

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by Reelgames » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:18 am

Hi there. Nothing happens on the screen except the address bar contents change to the full path name. Visibly, the login screen looks the same with the Username and Password fields. If you refresh the page, the same login page stays but it shows in pink, the "Invalid token Session. Please login again" message.

Post by Reelgames » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:35 am

Thought problem might be the Hotspot on my Samsung Android phone. Swapped to my wifes iPhone, and problem still exists. Phones are different service providers so not phone level either... DRIVING ME NUTS!! Work to do. No access to net!

Post by MarketInSG » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:10 am

it might be a session issue. Check if your browser is storing session cookies properly. If you have yet to try on other browsers, try get another browser and try it.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by Reelgames » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:17 pm

Ok, a work around has been discovered. When I try to log in to my admin, I enter my user name and password and hit the Login button. Nothing happens. Nothing at all.

I discovered, that at this point if I open a new browser window, or even a new tab and go to the admin screen, I am logged in and can work as usual. The original window is still sitting there apparently not doing anything. You can just close this if you want. Still have no idea why this happens, but at least I can still continue working.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by marketing@fats » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:04 pm

Good Day

We are having trouble accessing our admin page to log into the back-end. Our previous Developer left and since then - NOTHING!

All the folders are still on the server under .../shop

Would anyone be able to tell us where we can look to fix this. The url is http://www.fastenersdirect.co.za/shop

Thanking you in advance.

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:09 pm

Providing your URL of the store-front end to resolve admin back-end issues won't solve anything in this case. When indicating nothing, you could clarify that a little? If the developer left the job for the thousand and one reason that may be, the best thing to do while running a live store would be to restore your backup to the previous state (store and database). Then, to change and remove any access that was provided to the developer in order to fortify your server access.

Also check your host console's access logs regarding recent activities based on the Opencart admin access.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON