Post by CMWeddings » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:06 am

Hey guys, I hope one of you will be able to help.

I am in the process of building a website that sells Personalised wedding Invitations. I want to be able to offer a free sample on the website but am having problems figuring out the best way to do this. One way I had though of doing it was to add an option to the item which would subtract the total cost of it, this however does not then apply free shipping and also requires me to have the minimum quantity set to "1" whereas I need it to be 25/30 (I have free shipping set at the plus 100 mark). The next problem I encounter is that when it comes to checking out with just the one free item, paypal is required and I cannot progress past this point without adding a value.

I hope I have been clear in my explanation of the issue and that one of you fine Gents and Ladies will be able to help.

Kind regards,
Chris

Post by grgr » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:22 pm

Not sure that you need to worry about the min quantity as if it is a free sample then you are only going to send out one no matter how many they put in the quantity box.

Are you sending this 1 sample out for free, it seems that way. If so, then you can manipulate the shipping modules....

Use a free shipping module and edit the controller to with an 'if' statement. if subtotal = 0 then status = true else status = false.

For your normal shipping module work it the other way around if subtotal > 0 then status = true else status = false

For checkout simply use the Free Checkout module. Srt your paypal module to a subtotal of 0.01 so that it won't show for the free items.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Location - UK

Post by JAY6390 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:06 pm

Hi Chris, not sure if you still need this but if you do or want a more elegant solution you may want to look at this

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom