Post by CamaroSS » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:50 am

Hi Guys,

I mentioned this on my other post, but I thought I should just post a new thread on it. I have seen discussions about shipping labels before, but I wanted to ask some pointed questions.

So shipping labels and the printer ink can get expensive. I use a black and white printer from Brother so far for my printing. The cartridges are cheap and usually only need to be replaced twice a year.

I am wondering if someone can tell me the most cost effective way to print stick-on labels? Is there a brand of preference for USPS, versus FEDEX, versus UPS?

I know there are different size requirements, but I can't get it straight in my head. I see that USPS requires a 8.5 X 5.5 label, or that's the size anyway.

Basically, what's the cheapest way to do this, without using just regular paper?

Post by ase618 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:05 am

Lowest long term cost and most efficient(faster/easier) assuming you have the volume is a thermal label printer and roll labels. I think the smallest is around like 4x6. The 5.5x8.5 is common simply because everyone has a printer they work in. All the big boys use thermals which take rolls which are cheap per label not to mention a lot easier to use.

artisantool.co
Don't forget to add [SOLVED] to your Thread Title (first post), if your issue is solved.

Post by labeshops » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:42 pm

I used to use a zebra thermal printer (you can get refurbed ones on ebay for under $100). Currently I use my brother wifi printer since the zebra broke and I haven't gotten a new one yet. You can get 2 up sticky labels for a laser printer fairly cheaply - I get them from amazon. Brand doesn't matter but watch the product reviews - some are too cheap, thin and tend to jam.

If you use UPS, ask them about their labels. They used to give you free 2 up ones for free - not sure they still do as I don't use them often anymore.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA