Post by peteVA » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:49 pm

Site's been operational for 6 months or longer, never a problem. Today I go to get into the admin to update overnight orders and when logging into the admin, it just flashes and comes back to the login screen. No wrong password message, no message at all, just back to the login screen.

I've used the password reset tool and it's not that. If I use the new password, the same loop continues, just back to the login screen.

If I try the old password, or user I do get the red wrong password message, as would be expected, so it's not the password, there is something screwed up.

Orders coming in, please help!!

A Trusted Wholesale Dropshipper
Web Hosting Under $ 5.00 Month! FREE Shopping Carts!
25,000+ Real Wholesale & Dropship Sources!

Post by pedro1993 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:55 pm

Hi there.

In the user table, can you check that the email is correct and the "status" column is set to "1".

Peter :)

For OpenCart & PHP/MySQL support feel free to PM me :)
Click here for my extentions
Did I help you? Donate here to show support

Location - Glasgow, Scotland

Post by peteVA » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:05 pm

Yes, both are correct. And when asking for a password reset the link comes to the email address correctly.

Post by pedro1993 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:38 pm

One last thing, go to http://www.adamek.biz/md5-generator.php and type in your password, this will encrypt it to md5. Then underneath, copy and paste the encrypted password and manually insert it into your database. That should manually reset your password.

For OpenCart & PHP/MySQL support feel free to PM me :)
Click here for my extentions
Did I help you? Donate here to show support

Location - Glasgow, Scotland

Post by peteVA » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:54 pm

Not the password, that string is identical to what is there now, and I get no password error message.

The same thing is happening logging in as a user. It takes the password, no red wrong password / reset password message, just loops back to the same login screen with user and pass fields empty.

At the admin level my shipping guy cannot get in, either, he is having the same results, but I have had some orders coming in from customers throughout.

Just since this thread has started I've had 3 orders from customers, but I can't log in as admin or buyer.

Post by Johnathan » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:25 pm

I believe this is a session issue. I'm not sure what changed on certain hosts, but it's something I've encountered on a number of stores (including my own) recently. They were all working fine, and then suddenly the server seems to have this issue.

Basically, the server's /tmp/ directory needs to be cleared. If you're running a VPS or Dedicated server and the sessions aren't stored there, you can find the session save path by using the session.save_path configuration.

I was never able to find the source of the issue -- I thought it was perhaps related to the session files not being deleted when they were supposed to be, but my host said it was OpenCart (of course). I ended up just moving hosts to InMotion, which doesn't seem to have the issue.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by peteVA » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:55 pm

That makes sense. Not that I understand the process at all, but it does seem like that sort of thing. It is on my VPS, I'll get the server guys involved.

Thanks!

Post by peteVA » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:20 am

Seems like it was the sessions. I passed this on to the server folks and it's working now.

Thanks to all!

Post by butte » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:27 am

Typically, if temporary and session storage are not accessible in order to flush them, asking support will succeed in getting them flushed. The server folks could have taken care of that or also have fiddled with your php setup.

I don't seem to be seeing a version noted above, but there does seem to have been an increased frequency of session oddments associated with 1.5.5.1, perhaps owing NOT to OC itself but instead to OC sensitivities to php.exe versions, AND to the recent pace of php.exe upgrades among servers. I have several reasons for setting my severs to use 5.3, no lower, and as yet no higher if I can help it. Likewise, there are reasons why the plain majority of servers is NOT using the absolutely latest version and build of Apache, but instead even 1.3, through 2.3 or so. If it works, and works perfectly well, fixing it is not necessary, not prudent, not nice.

Guru Member

Post by Johnathan » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:39 pm

peteVA wrote:Seems like it was the sessions. I passed this on to the server folks and it's working now.

Thanks to all!
Glad to help

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator