Post by grgolf » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:35 am

I'm new to opencart and have products that use the same product options. Is there a way to create the options once and assign them to specific products instead of having to create the options separately for every product.

Thanks,
Geoff

Post by Xsecrets » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:47 am

there are a couple of commercial mods that do this, but no it cannot be done on the default install.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by dbstr » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:47 am

Post by flightoffancy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:14 am

There is a "product copy" mod that is available for free. It will create a duplicate of everything, including options.

Post by andrew222 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:27 am

I know this is a fairly old thread but does anyone have a copy of the free mod that's mentioned above please as the link is dead.

The only other free option was to use the Import/export tool to manually duplicate the options within excel (using cut and paste) which was fairly fast but after importing the data back to open cart I lost ALL my product options completely :(

That will teach me for trying to be a smart arse.

I'm using OC Version 1.4.9.1

Thanks,

Andrew

Post by Qphoria » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:21 am

andrew222 wrote:I know this is a fairly old thread but does anyone have a copy of the free mod that's mentioned above please as the link is dead.

The only other free option was to use the Import/export tool to manually duplicate the options within excel (using cut and paste) which was fairly fast but after importing the data back to open cart I lost ALL my product options completely :(

That will teach me for trying to be a smart arse.

I'm using OC Version 1.4.9.1

Thanks,

Andrew
Product copy has been part of the core since 1.4.6
You already have it. It is on the product list page.. check the boxes and click "Copy" button

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator