Post by peteVA » Sat May 18, 2013 1:35 am

It's so simple.

Wholesale website.

Hundreds of items, all with DIFFERENT selling prices.

Every single item in every single category has the exact same discount - by percentage.

1ps - Base

2-5pc - less 8%

6-11pc - less 9.6%

12-24pc - less 11.2%

25-49pc - less 12.8%

50-99pc - less 14.4%

100+ = call for price

Surely there must be a way to do this beside laying everything out in a spreadsheet, and factoring prices, then entering each by hand.

Or exporting and editing every time there is a price change.

Even a mod to just make the basic Discount page for Products percent of the main selling price, then I could enter the percentages one time in a template product and go from there.

I'm on my knees here, begging for a solution. However, unlike most beggars, I could probably round up a couple of bucks for a solution.

A Trusted Wholesale Dropshipper
Web Hosting Under $ 5.00 Month! FREE Shopping Carts!
25,000+ Real Wholesale & Dropship Sources!

Post by WilliamBD » Sat May 18, 2013 2:47 am

I will see what I can throw together. Having fun at the moment mod'ing the core myself :D

My vision of this is you have a module which the options: product - quantity min - quantity max - (X Price)

Where (X Price) could be any value:
- 0 (-100% off)
- 0.25 (-75% off)
- 0.5 (-50% off)
- 1 (0% off) (Baseline price)
- 1.2 (+20%)
- 1.8 (+80%)
- 5 (+400%)

Is this what you have in mind? And would you prefer these options in a separate module or under the product itself?

*Disclaimer: I hope I have been as clear as possible and helpful. If you are unsure of anything please ask I will be happy to help - I do frequently watch the posts I have posted in previously.

How to change prices across a whole multi-store, with a baseline price for each product:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 24#p406793

Post by peteVA » Sat May 18, 2013 4:13 am

Let me start with the explanation that I am a user. What I want is the price field to simply accept a % rather than a price.

If it could be set to always have the same Quantity / Price figures embedded in the script, even better. But even if I had to go in and enter 2 / 8%, 6 / 9.6%, etc. under each product's Discount tab I'd be happy.
Products.png

Products.png (17.16 KiB) Viewed 1404 times

Post by Johnathan » Sat May 18, 2013 4:34 am

Two possible options:

1. You could do this with Category-Based Fee/Discount, but since it wouldn't appear on the product page like the "Discount" tab, you'd have to inform the customer of the discount another way (such as the product description or HTML module).

2. Use Bulk Product Editing to set a discount for every product with a percentage -- however, note that it doesn't store it as a percentage, like you're looking for. To prevent modifications to core files, it calculates the correct discount and the adds it into the database. If you're constantly adding new products, this probably wouldn't work for you either, as you'd need to re-do the discounts every time you added a product.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by peteVA » Sat May 18, 2013 5:04 am

I could probably live with the Bulk Product Editing. It looks like there is an All Products button that would do the job. It's not only new items, I wholesale and dropship tablets, phone, etc. from China and costs can be like a yo-yo. Lately TF memory is UP 25% or more. There is hardly a week some price is not being edited.

If we could just run the whole thing each time it's better than what we have now.

Will that still allow the actual prices, not the percentages to show on the product sales pages?

Regardless, it's at the top of the small stack as of now. :)

Post by Johnathan » Sat May 18, 2013 10:09 pm

Yes, it will both display the prices on the front-end, and enter the appropriate prices into the back end. The % calculation is done within the module, since the values can't be stored as percentages in the database without modifications.

Administrator

Post by peteVA » Sat May 18, 2013 10:39 pm

Last question before I make a donation.

What affect will using either jNeuhoff's im/ex program or one of several commercial inventory im/ex programs have with this?

Best to leave those fields alone?

If adding new goods on a spreadsheet, leave them blank and run this after the main price is imported?

Post by Johnathan » Sun May 19, 2013 10:44 pm

I can't guarantee it will work with a modified installation, but unless your database has been modified, it should work fine. It's pretty self-contained, since it just enters the appropriate entries into the database using its own code. You can also remove all discounts when you add a new one, so you can leave the discounts blank on a new spreadsheet, or enter them. Either way should work fine.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, then let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Administrator

Post by peteVA » Mon May 20, 2013 6:23 am

Thanks, Jonathon,

I'll go ahead and purchase it when I'm back from a short holiday. You know how it is the day before leaving. :)

I've got one of my people in China loading inventory, I'll get them to enter the base price and then use this when I get back.

I appreciate your response, thanks!