Post by lpotts » Mon May 13, 2013 7:31 pm

Hi all,

I've had the worst last 7 days yet with my new venture. We've had terrible down-time issues with the hosts. And with it still not being accessible 7 days on, I asked 4 days ago about getting my website so that I could move somewhere else. They seemed fine about letting me download the site from them, I can't access cPanel or anything to download a complete backup. In the last 48 hours there has been no reply from anything, i've tried emailing them, creating support tickets, phoning them, facebooking them, twittering them... Why on earth won't they just give me my website? Surely it's legally and rightfully mine?

Ive now missed out on a weeks worth of sales thanks to them and no-doubt our google rankings will have been unbelievably affected by this. I literally don't know what else to do now other than travel the almost 200 mile journey to their office, hoping that they will be there so that if needed I can force my website to be given to me...

For the first part of the weeks down-time I was lied to, they said that my website was the only one affected ad that because of this it must have been a problem with my website, when in actual fact it wasnt at all.. It was completely they're fault, some issue with some patch they put on the server.

Has anyone else had this kind of treatment before from they're hosts? What on earth should I do?!

Regards,

Luke

Post by dmsims » Mon May 13, 2013 7:34 pm

When you say can't access cpanel - is it down - can't login ??

There are apps that allow you to copy websites

It might just be best to cut your losses - get as much as you can and start again

Who hosts the domain name?

Post by lpotts » Mon May 13, 2013 7:59 pm

I can't access anything, it's all down, say's "Website is currently unreachable".... The website is: designer-man.co.uk

It's hosted by "eshophosts", www.eshophosts.co.uk".

I have no backup whatsoever on the site, so I would literally be starting from scratch, i've put 5 months of solid work into it along with a lot of paid work and about 30 mods... I unfortunately don't have a backup from ever, rather stupidly, I was naive to think that they're "daily backup" is all I would ever need.... :-/

What on earth should I do... ?

Post by dmsims » Mon May 13, 2013 8:37 pm

I am sorry for your situation

The first thing you need to do is (try!) and establish contact with the hoster

I see they have a landline number, try email forums etc

If you can get hold of anyone - get them to email you a backup or put one online and take it from there

Post by dmsims » Mon May 13, 2013 8:43 pm

Right one more important piece of info

eshophosts appear to be just a reseller - they do not have their own infrastructure

If you want to discuss this further please email me: david at the sims.me.uk

Post by lpotts » Mon May 13, 2013 8:51 pm

So just now i've spoke to a prospective new host, (TSO Host), they said all they need is access to my cPanel and they can switch everything over... But contact with eshophosts.co.uk is near on impossible to grant me access, i've tried phoning, voicemails, forums, everything...

I'll email you now David thank you