Post by JasonF » Wed May 01, 2013 8:44 pm

Hi,

It's recently been brought to my attention that my cart isn't working as it should. I'm not sure how long this has been happening since orders (including ones for multiple items) continue to come through, but a customer reported difficulty adding more than 1 item to their basket and upon testing I was able to reproduce the error without any difficulty, in fact doing as I would expect most customers to navigate their way around the store.

Basically the problem is you add an item to the basket, go back to the home page and then add another item to your basket and it's only remembering the most recent addition to the basket, so it becomes impossible (or at least very difficult) to add multiple items to your basket.

You can see what I mean here: http://youtu.be/anm28bfKrLc

This cart has a custom template and is running on OpenCart 1.5.1.3, so I'm not sure if that is the problem, however I was able to recreate the problem both on my 1.5.1.3 install with the default OpenCart template, and recreate it to a similar extent on a clean install with 1.5.5.1 and the default template: http://youtu.be/M2g-Sf3IG_4

I've tried adding

Code: Select all

session.save_path = /tmp;
to my php.ini file but that didn't help. I can see this bug isn't present on the demo versions of OpenCart so it leads me to believe it must be something at my servers end?

Any help would be appreciated, would like to get this fixed ASAP cos this is affecting 4 of my stores which are live right now.

Thanks,

Jason
Last edited by JasonF on Fri May 03, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by JasonF » Thu May 02, 2013 9:10 pm

Bump.

Can anyone help with this please?

Post by JasonF » Fri May 03, 2013 8:27 pm

This is sorted now, my host had enabled something called "Varnish" which was causing the problems, I've got them to disable it for my sites.