Post by socal2 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:18 am

Gents ,
would there be a fairly simple way to add a user to admin and limit their access to specified product/s only.

Just like when adding a new product and it asks ...what categories are associated.
But in this case when adding a new user, it would allow you to select/toggle the specific product/s associated with that new user"

Post by i2Paq » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:09 am

Did you try?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by socal2 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:54 am

Yes. And I think what's there is awesome. It's almost got it (unless I'm missing something) but... It does appear to allow me to permit a user to access or modify catalog/products ... (but this includes ALL products)

I was hoping to only allow them to access/modify a SPECFIC PRODUCT/s from the product list, that I would designate.

whereby I would set them up ... just as it is ... but with the ability for the the actual products to also be displayed/toggled so I could select from the individual products they would be allowed to access/modify.

question what is
catalog/TWEAKEDproduct

Post by socal2 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:14 pm

Does anyone know how to utilize the catalogue/TWEAKEDproduct feature in users and user groups

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:06 am

no. Access Control is done at the "controller" level.
You can have read and/or write access to ALL products or ALL categories or ALL downloads
But not individual products.

Administrator