Post by bluelayer » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:53 am

hello,

i'm moving my opencart system to another place, but the new host don't have mysql, only mysqli and pdo, but i receive following errors:

PDO:

Code: Select all

Warning: PDO::__construct() expects parameter 4 to be array, string given in /home/urugaiap/public_html/flmx/system/library/db.php on line 12

Fatal error: Call to a member function escape() on a non-object in /home/urugaiap/public_html/flmx/system/library/db.php on line 20
Mysqli:

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'else' (T_ELSE), expecting function (T_FUNCTION) in /home/urugaiap/public_html/flmx/system/database/mysqli.php on line 54
thank you

v1.5.5.1

Post by butte » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:18 am

Since mysqli supersedes limitations of mysql, the new server has already upgraded (at least in part). You might ask the host's support whether their php.ini has been fully reset to reflect the upgrade. You might also see whether you have account-tier subsidiary php.ini files that you can amend to follow suit. You might also see whether your hosting control panel allows you to SET WHICH php.exe is in effect in YOUR account. The mysqli.php file (appearing to be) throwing errors in parse and syntax is plainly shown as inside your own directory tree, not below your account or your public area on the server. The php.ini setting for mysqli is for that (mysqli) php.exe extension, which is down below, where the whole server works.

Guru Member

Post by rph » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:20 am

Neither of the drivers are complete.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by butte » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:22 am

Well, that is good to know, thank you. The upshot seems to be, bluelayer, that you might want to ask host support about it. You can't likely be the only one noticing that errors are being thrown, and they may already have had their thinking caps on for long enough to respond.

Guru Member