Post by sugarskull » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:31 pm

I am currently having an issue with a few portions of a fresh OC installation. I am installing OC v1.5.6.4 on my server (spec below). I have the following issues and was hoping someone with a detailed knowledge of the code and its build could help diagnose.

1) Throughout the installation, clicking the continue button takes a long time to move to the next stage, however simply typing ?page=2 on the end to manually move to the next installation stage is almost instantaneous. Please note, all checks come back fine and green.

2) The final stage 4 of installation is also near instant. When I check the sql database, all tables have been created fine.

3) When I try to login to the /admin panel, the process takes a few minutes to eventually login and load.

Number three is my main issue, but outlining point 1 and 2 may help provide more information for a diagnosis. Some process is causing the server to hang for a while, whilst it processes/skips it. I do not know the code in-depth so I do not know what?

The server is operating php 5.5.18 and mysql 5.6

I have tried this on a php 5.4 and 5.5 server with the same problem, however I do have an active OC site running 1.5.6.4 which works perfectly fine already! The reason I am installing a fresh installation is that I am using mysqli on the new configuration.

Anyone, any ideas?
Last edited by sugarskull on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by soundzgood-nz » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:57 pm

I wouldn't post phpinfo to a public forum ... the bit.ly link above doesn't work anyway for me (redirect error)
So is the active OC site running on the same server? If not, what's different re setup / server spec?

Simon

Location - New Zealand

Post by sugarskull » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:10 pm

I've removed it now!
Thank you.

The active site is on the same server, yes.

Post by soundzgood-nz » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:26 pm

Is the server running the mysqli extension (I assume the working site is using mysql) ... so apart from the paths, is this the only difference in installation between the two sites? Are you installing the new (slow) site as a subdirectory of the original working site? Could .htaccess / php.ini / config.php files in the working site be affecting the new slow installation?

Simon

Location - New Zealand

Post by sugarskull » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:43 pm

I have found my solution. It was a result of a few server configurations!
I have increased the server memory to 128M and applied the OC changes to the server php.ini file.

Other than this, the problem kind of corrected itself after one day deciding to load much faster, and been fine hereonin.

Slightly bizarre, but maybe I changed something that fixed it in the process!

Post by santanu2019 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:27 pm

hello @sugarskull
I fetch the same problem it took a long time like 10 to 15 minutes for admin login Please help me how to fix the problem?