Post by SuperJuice » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:11 am

Daniel wrote:
Blogexecute wrote:In fact, all the additional modules offered by the users have never been integrated by default!
So, nobody can say that he contributed to the development of OpenCart.!
I think I have used one other persons module to do a austraila shipping / payment system and thats it. I have never needed to look at any others code because I already know how to code shopping cart fetaures.
And unfortunately when it was marged it was broken and still hasn't been resolved. Additionally, all credit for the code was stripped from it even though it was included in the original source.

I appreciate it being merged, but I don't really feel it's 'in the spirit' to take what you like and remove attribution.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by dannowatts » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:46 am

***EDIT***
i submitted this to the bug reporting/updating section of the forum, but didn't want to delete this post either if it would get daniel's ( or anyone else's) attention
***********

hitting return/enter key also doesn't work in the product list, when trying to filter results.

to fix it to make it work, open admin/view/template/catalog/product_list.tpl

find this:

Code: Select all

//--></script>
  </div>
</div>
<?php echo $footer; ?>
and insert this right above it:

Code: Select all

$('#form').keydown(function(e) {
	if (e.keyCode == 13) {
		filter();
	}
});
so now the complete code should look like this:

Code: Select all

$('#form').keydown(function(e) {
	if (e.keyCode == 13) {
		filter();
	}
});

//--></script>
  </div>
</div>
<?php echo $footer; ?>
hope that helps. as i find more things i'll make sure to comment about them.

rocksteady,
danno~
Last edited by dannowatts on Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

New member

Posts

Joined
Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:40 am

Post by dannowatts » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:20 am

has 1.4.0 added 'true' SEO Url's?
so that 'home' takes you to:

Code: Select all

www.domain.com/
instead of

Code: Select all

www.domain.com/index.php?route=common/home
if not, is there a way to add that for all of the default sections in the catalog?
thanks!

rocksteady,
danno~

New member

Posts

Joined
Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:40 am

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:06 pm

dannowatts wrote:has 1.4.0 added 'true' SEO Url's?
so that 'home' takes you to:

Code: Select all

www.domain.com/
instead of

Code: Select all

www.domain.com/index.php?route=common/home
if not, is there a way to add that for all of the default sections in the catalog?
thanks!

rocksteady,
danno~
no
and yes it's possible, there is a thread that details how to do it.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter


Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:51 am
Location - FL US

Post by dannowatts » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:10 pm

Xsecrets wrote:
dannowatts wrote:has 1.4.0 added 'true' SEO Url's?
so that 'home' takes you to:

Code: Select all

www.domain.com/
instead of

Code: Select all

www.domain.com/index.php?route=common/home
if not, is there a way to add that for all of the default sections in the catalog?
thanks!

rocksteady,
danno~
no
and yes it's possible, there is a thread that details how to do it.
have a link?

New member

Posts

Joined
Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:40 am

Post by yaxo » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:12 pm

Daniel wrote:can people just check if the mail problem is fixed?

I'm no longer using base64 encoding for the message parts.

Also just added the new version to the demo.
Both newsletter and order-mails are working very well, also for the swedish language :) It look's really nice with the new order confirm mail.

The only thing is the subject for newsletters, it gets decoded to html characters, when one try to use å, ä or ö in the subject.
And when trying to add a picture or file to the newsletter it's not working, I get some errorcodes and the file/picture is not being attached:

Code: Select all

2010-01-14 22:48:23 - PHP Warning:  fopen(http://.../public_html/shop/image/data/compaq_presario.jpg) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
 in /.../public_html/shop/system/library/mail.php on line 140
2010-01-14 22:48:23 - PHP Warning:  filesize() [<a href='function.filesize'>function.filesize</a>]: stat failed for http://.../public_html/shop/image/data/compaq_presario.jpg in /.../public_html/shop/system/library/mail.php on line 141
2010-01-14 22:48:23 - PHP Warning:  fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /.../public_html/shop/system/library/mail.php on line 141
2010-01-14 22:48:23 - PHP Warning:  fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /.../public_html/shop/system/library/mail.php on line 143
I'm not very good at coding so I don't think I have the knowledge to solve this either, but if I just make sure that I do not use the characters å, ä or ö in the subject and do not attach anything to newsletters, it is working very well. Pictures I can "attach" via links and it will not be a big issue.

The order mail is really nice, and working well, though there is a notice about a missing variable, order_info in catalog/model/checkout/order.php on line 156. Don't think it is a problem though.

Thanks for great work ;D

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:41 am

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:04 pm

dannowatts wrote:
Xsecrets wrote:
dannowatts wrote:has 1.4.0 added 'true' SEO Url's?
so that 'home' takes you to:

Code: Select all

www.domain.com/
instead of

Code: Select all

www.domain.com/index.php?route=common/home
if not, is there a way to add that for all of the default sections in the catalog?
thanks!

rocksteady,
danno~
no
and yes it's possible, there is a thread that details how to do it.
have a link?
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?t=6677
for whatever reason it's the hardest thread to find with search.
anyways pretty much all you need is scattered throughout that thread.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter


Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:51 am
Location - FL US

Post by OCyvon » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:58 am

ekerazha wrote:A touch of anti-aliasing would be good

Image
Hi if you like it better you can use this buttons as attached.
Put hem in admin/view/image
then upload

;)

Attachments

button_right.png

button_right.png (622 Bytes) Viewed 5725 times

button_left.png

button_left.png (429 Bytes) Viewed 5725 times


Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:51 am

Post by OCyvon » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:11 am

OCyvon wrote:
ekerazha wrote:A touch of anti-aliasing would be good

Image
Hi if you like it better you can use this buttons as attached.
Put hem in admin/view/image
then upload

;)
looks like this

Attachments

view_sample.png

view sample - view_sample.png (5.08 KiB) Viewed 5710 times


Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:51 am

Post by Xsecrets » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:11 am

OCyvon wrote:
OCyvon wrote:
ekerazha wrote:A touch of anti-aliasing would be good

Image
Hi if you like it better you can use this buttons as attached.
Put hem in admin/view/image
then upload

;)
looks like this
nice improvement.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter


Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:51 am
Location - FL US

Post by sai » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:00 am

New backend template
The backend is now pro like magento ,cscart but not complicated like them.
I like it very much.

New frontend template
It become more like cscart now, somehow i like the old design, which is more simple, and that's the reason why i choose opencart instead of others.

SIMPLE ...... Keep it simple

sai
Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:55 am

Post by dannowatts » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:07 am

Xsecrets wrote: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?t=6677
for whatever reason it's the hardest thread to find with search.
anyways pretty much all you need is scattered throughout that thread.
thanks for the link... i'll have a go at sorting through it all and trying to piece together the best way of navigating the site via true SEO friendly url's.
i really do wonder why they weren't created as an option in the core... but at least we can add it in if we like :)

rocksteady,
danno~

New member

Posts

Joined
Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:40 am

Post by nemmon » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:14 am

Is there an upgrade path from previous versions?

New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:55 am

Post by t3s7 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:32 am

v1.4 interface is far better than in previous releases but works only with JavaScript enabled. Personally i have JS always on so this is a detail. Anyway Congratulations and keep going!

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:10 pm

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:33 am

t3s7 wrote:v1.4 interface is far better than in previous releases but works only with JavaScript enabled. Personally i have JS always on so this is a detail. Anyway Congratulations and keep going!
OpenCart has always required JS to be enabled in all versions since 0.1

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by readyman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:43 am

Most of the 'js' requirement is due to the template coding. It's all front end, so you should make any changes you need & then turn off the AJAX cart.
I have made opencart websites that are accessible according to the WAI guidelines and can be used by screenreaders like JAWS.
I don't really like the use of needless javascript, or I try to create a fallback without javascript. Using javascript to submit a form is not usually my style.

And to the opencart haters, I agree that sometimes the development cycle can be a little interesting, but stick with it, Opencart is here to stay. At least I'm committed to it, no matter how organic the code becomes.
If you can't code, then don't have unrealistic expectations on a free product, pay someone to do it. Stop demanding and start asking more - no one gets motivated by flaming.

http://www.alreadymade.com
Follow me on twitter.com/alreadymade


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Wed May 20, 2009 5:16 am
Location - Sydney

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:19 pm

Actually the necessary js is for zone field populate, tho it could be done with post I suppose.
Also, the buttons like add to cart are actually links, which don't support form submitting.
It's just not worth it.

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by SuperJuice » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:31 pm

readyman wrote:And to the opencart haters, I agree that sometimes the development cycle can be a little interesting, but stick with it, Opencart is here to stay. At least I'm committed to it, no matter how organic the code becomes.
I love how critical feedback about the only major issue (consistency with releases) apparently makes people 'Opencart haters'.

Get a grip, the points people are raising about:

Release changelogs
Notifications to mod authors before release about potential changes
More testing before official releases (open/closed beta testing cycle?)
Standardised platform/API that can be depended on when developing modifications (especially across minor version increment.. 1.3.2 to 1.3.4 for example.. if something major is changed, major version number change)
Version Control
When it is said "nothing has changed".. change nothing.

Are all extremely valid.

Don't turn it into an 'us and them', accept the fact that these are genuine shortfalls and resolving them will strengthen the product and the community, you can't deny that.

Just look back at the 1.3.2 and 1.3.4 release threads.. and all the same release issues were raised by multiple people (who can and do code mods).

I think Opencart is a great product, I know something needs to be done about it's release cycle/methods.

Perhaps the reason you're committed to it no matter how organic it is, is your financial interest in making money off it?

P.S. Hasn't Qphoria forked in the past because of similar issues?

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by ThePath » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:23 pm

@peteneon - stop hijacking a thread because the mods and admins are taking part in it, this is totally off topic and annoying, you will get more of an answer if you start a new support topic!

@Storeexecute - If you think you can do a better job than Daniel then be our guest, I very much doubt Execute cart will compare and have the same level of commitment, community and longevity.

@Daniel - Great work dude. Ive had a quick poke around at it and will be testing it out today. Just remember to listen to the valid points and take peoples requests etc into account. If a mod is good enough to become part of the core (in my opinion many are) then re-write the code in your style and add it, who cares if it means you have to acknowledge somebody elses contrib....even if it was done personally (if it was me I wouldnt be bothered about acknoledgment of my contrib as I would feel its the least I can do to a great open source project). The main reason I mention this is that some great modules use core hacks that if incorporated would not have to be re-installed when updating, saving time for everyone. There does have to be some kind of new release and bug system, so people know where they are. I respect the fact that its your baby and I dont mind the fact you want to do all coding and work, but if it meant help from others here for the greater good of the project then why not accept it. We should have an Opencart Camp!!!! Im sure Q would fly over and be a guest speaker ;D . Im donating today as your hard work should be rewarded, just wish I could give more....Im so rookit!!! As Im just a lowly designer I very much respect the brains of coders!

@Everyone else - Chillllllllll. Remember that this is Daniels project, it isnt a democracy, he doesnt have to listen to you if he doesnt want to (this can be frustrating i know). He has made a commitment to making Opencart free and opensource, what have you commited? Im guessing over hald the people on this thread probably havent made any kind of contribution to the project at all. Over all guys I think we should be happy we have such a great product to work with and that Daniel does read and listen to our comments, OK he might not act on them and do what we want all the time but he does sometimes and bottom line is you all still get a great FREE product with great functionality which is improved moreso by people like Qphoria, readyman, fido and others.

I want everyone to do something for Opencart today and help Daniel out. Start a thread in another forum saying how great it is, or write a review on your blog (Im writing another one today), donate some money, link to this site from yours, contribute a mod, moan at your host to get Opencart listed in their CP's for auto download (Im still working on mine). Everyone on this forum can do atleast one of these things today I know it!! http://www.effutio.com/category/opencart/

Also agree with Superjuice, good points well made, I hope people listen

Heres to Opencart and I hope it has a great year!!
Last edited by ThePath on Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Image

OpenCart Theme Options - See All My Extensions - OpenCart Themes and Mods


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:53 pm
Location - Scotland

Post by imaginetech » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:10 pm

SuperJuice wrote:
readyman wrote:And to the opencart haters, I agree that sometimes the development cycle can be a little interesting, but stick with it, Opencart is here to stay. At least I'm committed to it, no matter how organic the code becomes.
I love how critical feedback about the only major issue (consistency with releases) apparently makes people 'Opencart haters'.

Get a grip, the points people are raising about:

Release changelogs
Notifications to mod authors before release about potential changes
More testing before official releases (open/closed beta testing cycle?)
Standardised platform/API that can be depended on when developing modifications (especially across minor version increment.. 1.3.2 to 1.3.4 for example.. if something major is changed, major version number change)
Version Control
When it is said "nothing has changed".. change nothing.

Are all extremely valid.

Don't turn it into an 'us and them', accept the fact that these are genuine shortfalls and resolving them will strengthen the product and the community, you can't deny that.

Just look back at the 1.3.2 and 1.3.4 release threads.. and all the same release issues were raised by multiple people (who can and do code mods).

I think Opencart is a great product, I know something needs to be done about it's release cycle/methods.

Perhaps the reason you're committed to it no matter how organic it is, is your financial interest in making money off it?

P.S. Hasn't Qphoria forked in the past because of similar issues?
Have to agree with most of what Superjuice has said. Maybe it's time for a release manager? Someone to do the grunt work for Daniel and free him up from bug fixes, code maintenance and possibly a stable branch.

Image
www.opencartstore.com
Get OpenCart Templates and OpenCart Modules.


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:25 pm
Location - Darwin, Australia
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests