Post by i2Paq » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:41 pm

Xsecrets wrote:
langtuhoangthanh wrote: Yes, I want module News.
Please, thank.
there's several contributions for this. I don't really see it as high on the priority list to get it in the core.
I agree, a news module will do as a contribution but not needed as a core item.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by OSWorX » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:27 pm

Maybe he will find his 'news module' here: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9716

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by OpenCart.us » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:58 pm

furiousweebee wrote:
OpenCart.us wrote:I VOTE for SuperJuice to be the new OC Release Manager!
I second the motion.
i2Paq wrote:
OpenCart.us wrote: I VOTE for SuperJuice to be the new OC Release Manager!
Hear, hear!!
Ok SuperJuice, others agree that you should step up and help Daniel with new releases since you are so passionate about doing this properly. Please reach out to Daniel as soon as possible to at least help with the upcoming 1.4.1 release notes. Count me in as a beta tester and let me know how else I can help you with your Release Manager tasks. And while we're at it, let's get imaginetech involved since he suggested this role in the first place! The 2 of you can work well together as a Release Management team.
Last edited by OpenCart.us on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quality OpenCart Extensions:
Exclude My Visits From Google Analytics
Hide Admin Dashboard Overview, Statistics & Latest Orders
Advanced Customer Reviews with Email, URL & Auto-Enable
Contact Us Page with Store Hours, Google Maps & Additional Text

Location - New York, NY USA

Post by cipals15 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:44 am

I would be wiling to be an error and bug manager. Since these new releases have certain bugs and Daniel couldn't fix it all at once and couldn't record what changes he did. I might be able to help by managing the list of errors and bugs and pass it to Daniel by batch..

Does allowing a systematic bug fixing and changes logging process.. I am online 12 hours a day.. So it might be able to help.

Post by CyberWizard » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:05 am

Is there any chance of FedEx being added along with UPS in the next edition?

Post by muflon » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:20 am

cipals15 wrote:I would be wiling to be an error and bug manager. Since these new releases have certain bugs and Daniel couldn't fix it all at once and couldn't record what changes he did. I might be able to help by managing the list of errors and bugs and pass it to Daniel by batch..

Does allowing a systematic bug fixing and changes logging process.. I am online 12 hours a day.. So it might be able to help.
great ideait will be good to have someone who is managing issiues. It would be great if that person can transfer issiues from forum to google code where would be everything in one place

Post by cipals15 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:27 am

No Problem. I will be starting the work now. Oh well, its 3 am here so i'd better sleep first.. maybe at 12 noon.. I could start it.. :)

Post by Litriem » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:56 am

I installed v1.4.0 about 2 weeks ago and it is working great.

Daniel, thank you for all your hard work and patience. I am a programmer and I can tell you put your heart and soul into this. Excellant job and thank you for allowing me to gleen from your hard work.

I have followed this forum and have picked up on some of the fixes, thanks to others and Daniel for providing them for v1.4.0.

ISSUE in v1.4.0
===============
Their is an issue with Image Manager not uploading and/or not showing images which is associated with the extension being in upper-case. Until the code is fixed for this a user can change their image extension from upper-case to lower-case prior to uploading through the Image Manager to get around this issue. If you are uploading by FTP, you can FTP into your site and just change your extensions there. I took a quick peek at the code which is'nt providing case-insensitive logic but I don't have the time to help with posting a fix, sorry.

I have submitted this to the bug list but have found that myself and others are looking at this forum and finding issue fixes so I thought I would put in a post here as well.

Post by gocreative » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:33 am

Blogexecute wrote:I am also available for testing and development of themes and graphics in general
So am I. I'm a graphic designer/web designer and I'd be happy to assist with commenting HTML/CSS (something I feel needs to be done for all other code as well) plus developing any new images/templates etc. I've only just started using OpenCart over the last few weeks but I'd like to assist with the project if I could.

Post by langtuhoangthanh » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:46 pm

i2Paq wrote:
Xsecrets wrote:
langtuhoangthanh wrote: Yes, I want module News.
Please, thank.
there's several contributions for this. I don't really see it as high on the priority list to get it in the core.
I agree, a news module will do as a contribution but not needed as a core item.
Yes,
Please add Module news, Opencart very good

Post by melbagnato » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:57 pm

I'm more than happy to get more involved. I'm coding a few stores at the moment based upon OC (mainly 1.3.4 -but as I'm still tinkering with v1.4.0)

@Daniel, great application & framework. Some suggestions are valid, and should be collated somewhere (public after some kind of review).

Fixes and improvements should be also collated, but made in such a way that they are logically able to be found. An easy way is to use the OC object model/file structure (ie changes for Account, Cart, Product, Reports etc.).

Personally, I make all my mods and upgrades into mini "packages" which allows me to port them across versions. Good coding practice saves time in the long run.

There's a lot of very excitable people on this forum, which is good because you really need passion to last in this game. But one positive, construcutive feedback is worth 100 insulting put downs.

Let's act like a community and get Daniel's project to live up to it's huge potential.

Regards, MB

http://online.enterpriseconsulting.com.au

Site with OpenCart extensions & code downloads, many new extensions coming soon!
Follow us on twitter for more updates

Location - Melbourne

Post by peteneon » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:27 pm

Well done with OPENCART V1.4

I do agree with some of the posts regarding updates and fixes but they should not have to be handled by Daniel himself. We don't want to bog him down with redtape when his energy can be better spent moving forward and evolving the cart. I like the idea of the code comparison programs that reflect the changes between the versions automatically.

I always update on updates and simply spend a few days changing my code to fit with the masters code.

Post by mikex » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:03 am

I just tested 1.4.0 and there's one thing I noticed: in the search form pressing enter does nothing. Is there a reason you search with Javascript? Why don't you post the form data with a post method and use the input and option values in the script (keyword and category_id)?
Now I don't know any php, at work I'm mainly doing front ends and accessible UI design.

This might be a minor thing but from a visitors point of view the search is how most navigate the site, many even choose it over the navigation.

Other than that, I really like the improvements (as always). Especially the improvements in the admin. Keep up the good work.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:36 am

mikex wrote:I just tested 1.4.0 and there's one thing I noticed: in the search form pressing enter does nothing. Is there a reason you search with Javascript? Why don't you post the form data with a post method and use the input and option values in the script (keyword and category_id)?
Now I don't know any php, at work I'm mainly doing front ends and accessible UI design.

This might be a minor thing but from a visitors point of view the search is how most navigate the site, many even choose it over the navigation.

Other than that, I really like the improvements (as always). Especially the improvements in the admin. Keep up the good work.
Yes and its been mentioned a few times.

Administrator

Post by langtuhoangthanh » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:41 pm

Opencart do not upload image of Products
Please help me.
thank..>!!!!

Post by datacon » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:50 pm

langtuhoangthanh wrote:Opencart do not upload image of Products
Please help me.
thank..>!!!!
Thats been mentioned a few times too.

Hopefully these little bugs will be ironed out in 1.4.1, ill be waiting for it. Good work Daniel, looking forward to further development on an already amazing application.

Post by datacon » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:31 am

Daniel,

Do you have an estimation for release date of 1.4.1? I want to make another cart but waiting until those few bugs are ironed out in the next version.

Also, modules upgraded for 1.4.0 should work with 1.4.1?

Thanks.

Post by zooto68 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:27 pm

Thanks for the update but I am going to wait for 1.4.1 before I install as it sounds like there are a lot of bugs otf be ironed out first.

Post by alimname » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:05 pm

hi

Would you please add a bank module in 1.4.1 version, please?

because OC payment modules does not have the benefits in the shopping system of Turkey.

thanks

www.opencartpos.com

Post by OSWorX » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:13 pm

alimname wrote:hi

Would you please add a bank module in 1.4.1 version, please?

because OC payment modules does not have the benefits in the shopping system of Turkey.

thanks
Do you mean 'bank transfer'?
This is already included in 1.4.0.0.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria