Post by imaginetech » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:35 pm

Looks like a bug in adding admin->add category. Doesn't work on my clean install. Suspect the validation routine is screwy.

UPDATE: Could be a Javascript issue as it requires both the English and German category name fields to be completed before creating the category. Using Google Chrome.

www.opencartstore.com
Get OpenCart Templates and OpenCart Modules.

Location - Darwin, Australia

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:51 pm

OK.. my usual first hour with new version suggestion list.

This list has older suggestions and bugs that I think come up over and over again and should just be done. It's all very quick nuance stuff that shouldn't take more than an hour to fix. They are very general fundamentals more than addressing specifics. And they are all generic core based designs... nothing localized.
v1.4.0 Development notes by Qphoria

BUGS:
Installation:
- Screenshots on last page are the old designs

Catalog:
- Search box hitting "enter" doesn't submit search

Admin:
- Screenshot for catalog template is old design

SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS:
v1.x (General)
- Clone Categories in admin
- Clone Products in admin
- Category Status Enable/Disable in admin
- Javscript confirmation for Delete button/Uninstall button in admin
- SEO Keyword should be per language
- Saving settings needs warning banner across top when missing required field.
- Reset buttons for all reports
- Disabling language should remove need to enter a value for it in edit fields
- Changing default currency should set it to 1.0000 and run the currency update on save.
- Minimum Order Qty should be added

v1.4.0 specific suggestions:
- Only English should come with OpenCart. Leave german as language pack.
- Category Edit tabs for language should maybe be on the General tab and data tab should still be on its own data tab as it looks confusing the way it is now.
- Advanced Search support "Multi-select" box for categories

Administrator

Post by maomaox » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Good list. But actually, about this one: "Tax Country/Zone is based on Shipping address. Should be based on Payment address. (Long time bug)"
At least in the USA, the sales tax is supposed to be calculated based on shipping address. So this isn't considered a bug here.
Here is an example from Amazon:
"The amount of tax charged depends upon many factors, including the identity of the seller, the type of item purchased, and the destination of the shipment. Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the states of Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington are subject to tax."
If you try it on newegg.com, etc. You will see the same results.

Here is an example from Amazon:
"The amount of tax charged depends upon many factors, including the identity of the seller, the type of item purchased, and the destination of the shipment. Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the states of Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington are subject to tax."
If you try it on newegg.com, etc. You will see the same results.

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:25 pm

Yep. I just tried it on TigerDirect.. changed my shipping address and poof tax was gone.
I find it retarded. But I guess it's correct.

Administrator

Post by Xsecrets » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:19 pm

Qphoria wrote:Yep. I just tried it on TigerDirect.. changed my shipping address and poof tax was gone.
I find it retarded. But I guess it's correct.
It's because of the way the laws are written. The reason you don't pay tax on something ordered from another state is because federal law prohibits taxting interstate trade meaning the product is moved (shipped) from one state to another, so under the current laws you don't have to pay tax unless the company you are buying from has offices (or some sort of physical business presence) in the state where the product is delivered.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by singwong » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:41 pm

I cannot install OpenCart.

It shows the following on "http://www.mydomain.com/install/"

Code: Select all

Warning: ini_set() [function.ini-set]: A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in D:\htdocs\_ref\opercart\system\startup.php  on line 13

Notice: A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in D:\htdocs\_ref\opercart\system\startup.php on line 16
After I agree to the license, and click "Continue", it shows

Warning: ini_set() [function.ini-set]: A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in D:\htdocs\_ref\opercart\system\startup.php  on line 13

Notice: A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in D:\htdocs\_ref\opercart\system\startup.php on line 16

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\htdocs\_ref\opercart\system\startup.php:13) in D:\htdocs\_ref\opercart\system\engine\controller.php on line 22
Anybody can help?

Post by dramony » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:47 pm

Qphoria wrote:OK.. my usual first hour with new version suggestion list.

This list has older suggestions and bugs that I think come up over and over again and should just be done. It's all very quick nuance stuff that shouldn't take more than an hour to fix. They are very general fundamentals more than addressing specifics. And they are all generic core based designs... nothing localized.
v1.4.0 Development notes by Qphoria

BUGS:
Installation:
- Screenshots on last page are the old designs

Catalog:
- Search box hitting "enter" doesn't submit search

Admin:
- Screenshot for catalog template is old design

SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS:
v1.x (General)
- Clone Categories in admin
- Clone Products in admin
- Category Status Enable/Disable in admin
- Javscript confirmation for Delete button/Uninstall button in admin
- SEO Keyword should be per language
- Saving settings needs warning banner across top when missing required field.
- Reset buttons for all reports
- Disabling language should remove need to enter a value for it in edit fields
- Changing default currency should set it to 1.0000 and run the currency update on save.
- Minimum Order Qty should be added

v1.4.0 specific suggestions:
- Only English should come with OpenCart. Leave german as language pack.
- Category Edit tabs for language should maybe be on the General tab and data tab should still be on its own data tab as it looks confusing the way it is now.
- Advanced Search support "Multi-select" box for categories
Can i add this:
dramony wrote:
Mike_MnD wrote:
dramony wrote: You click on the product from the home page you will get:
Home > Category 1 > Product 1

If you goto the category it is in and click you will get:

If you goto the search and click you will get:
I second this, since almost always when you see a product you want the see others from that same category and if you want to go back to home, or search you'll just click them from the header.
It will also be better if:
After clicking on the Product from anywhere, the category tree will automatically collapse accordingly:

Sample:
http://demo.opencart.com

if i click on Apple Cinema 30" from anywhere(homepage, category, search):

the outcome should be like this:
http://demo.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... duct_id=42

(look at the left side ---> CATEGORIES automatically collapsed)

;)

Post by cmebd » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:55 pm

Not sure that this is a bug. I have done a search and didn't find a problem at all.

Have you checked permissions on the folders/files from the install.txt?

cheers

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by MWYS » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:01 pm

Just checked it out on my development Pc, looks brilliant.

Love the new front end and especially love the Magento'style backend, its a massive improvement from the last one!

Post by i2Paq » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:24 pm

First:
Front and Admin looking great!
The admin is really fast as well.

The Dashboard in the admin is well designed and great to have.

Second:
As I was thinking that we would have Order Edit, Manual Order Entry and a fix for the Invoice-numbers, so I'm a little disapointed.
Adding a new customer still has no options to enter any address etc.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by FinrodFelegund » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:42 pm

I could not say that this is a real bug...when u search something and git enter nothing happens ..u have to click go - well ecommerce site costumers really like this feature ..to click enter and search result shows up. tested on firefox and chrome - i am sure someone will find a fix to it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
owner and manager of - superproduse.com

Post by twiggy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Any one got a working install of this 1.4.0, I want to check it out but I'm in work so can't install it anywhere :)

Post by ctsalmah » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:51 pm

Qphoria wrote:Great work Daniel, as usual.

Everybody. I think it is more than fair if each person donates at least a dollar to Daniel for his latest work. He's clearly been working his arse off on the latest version and the least we could do would be to break him off a piece of change. I will drop $50 in his piggy bank right now.

Thanks for all the hard work Daniel!
I couldn't agree more on this view!
He has greatly contributed his work on this beautiful project for us, why not contribute our support and a Dollar at least. It will help him in many ways. Look at him... ermm ::) not only good looking but good heart too, what's not to love about Daniel or OpenCart?

I have used zencart, oscommerce, prestashop, magento... you name it. I've tried all. This is the best.

Fantastic Work Daniel!

Post by goldndelicious » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: OpenCart v1.4.0
by twiggy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:43 am
Any one got a working install of this 1.4.0, I want to check it out but I'm in work so can't install it anywhere
i second that, stuck at work without anywhere to play. How about a screenshot of the front end?

personalised car signs
personalised bedroom door signs
personalised gifts for kids

Post by Yakiv » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:07 pm

Is the cart supposed to update with a new title when the coupon is applied? I see the system message that the coupon was applied, but I don't see the price change. I realize this is probably taken care of in the checkout stage, but it's always good if the coupon starts to do it's job as you are still shopping. Is there any way to get it going, with the same ajax effect as well?

...If you're stuck at work, why don't you honor your employer and do some work! That's what they are paying you for!

Post by Gerrit » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:22 pm

Hello Daniel,

After a clean install of 1.4.0 everything is working fine. back and front side.
Restoring the database gives no errors. So far, so good.

When you start the homepage of the shop after restoring the database, the storefront of the shop gives a blank page with the following error.

Error: Could not load language module/currency!

It must be in the database somewhere.
Last edited by Gerrit on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For modelcars cars see my OC 3.0.2.0 shop: http://www.gbcars.nl/
For Wooden Toys see my 2.3.0.2 shop: https://www.dehoutentreinenwinkel.nl/

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:24 pm

Qphoria wrote: - Tax Country/Zone is based on Shipping address. Should be based on Payment address. (Long time bug)
Isn't that the bug for which I posted a possible fix here?

Other than that, well done Daniel.

I'll run it through some intensive testing during the next few days and hopefully have my contributions ported to this new release, too.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Gerrit » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:27 pm

The filemanager does not work on my local host with Zendserver and IE8, no problems however with FireFox.

I notices that the filemanager is pointing to data dir, as in previous versions the pointing was to images

Therefore you can not modify your old images in userfiles and image dir.

I like the option of having different dirs for the images .

I did post the other error in Bug Tracking and here.

For modelcars cars see my OC 3.0.2.0 shop: http://www.gbcars.nl/
For Wooden Toys see my 2.3.0.2 shop: https://www.dehoutentreinenwinkel.nl/

Post by Daniel » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:39 pm

singwong wrote:I cannot install OpenCart.

It shows the following on "http://www.mydomain.com/install/"

After I agree to the license, and click "Continue", it shows

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\htdocs\_ref\opercart\system\startup.php:13) in D:\htdocs\_ref\opercart\system\engine\controller.php on line 22
Anybody can help?
you need to stop session autostart.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:41 pm

Blogexecute wrote:Daniel, remove html code in controller files!
remove inline styles!
(will be easier to create new themes)

which inline styles and what html code int he controller?

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator