Post by egrap » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:40 am

i2Paq wrote:
RalphMW wrote:v1.4.0 is really getting better ...

Some things i worked on are done better in 1.4.0 but ...

default theme still does not validate HTML nor CSS...
Admin Sub-Menus still don't work in Konqueror/KHTML(4.4)...

Otherwise nice improvements.

Keep up the good work,
Ralph.
I agree.

When 1.4.1 comes out we could start working on a validated theme.
I have been reading this thread for about a week in the hopes that an estimate as to the release of 1.4.1 would be announced. Since there hasn't been an update on that, is it safe to assume that it is not imminent? By that, I mean in the next week or two. I have a site in development that I would like to switch over, as it requires a UPS module. I am thinking about purchasing the Qphoria UPS module, but will hold off if I can start writing this site in 1.4.1. Not trying to nag, just want to set up my own timeline.

Thanks very much. This is a fantastic project from what I've done with it so far! It's my first site using OpenCart and it's been a pleasure to work with it!

egrap

Post by i2Paq » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:00 am

egrap wrote:
i2Paq wrote: I agree.

When 1.4.1 comes out we could start working on a validated theme.
I have been reading this thread for about a week in the hopes that an estimate as to the release of 1.4.1 would be announced. Since there hasn't been an update on that, is it safe to assume that it is not imminent? By that, I mean in the next week or two. I have a site in development that I would like to switch over, as it requires a UPS module. I am thinking about purchasing the Qphoria UPS module, but will hold off if I can start writing this site in 1.4.1. Not trying to nag, just want to set up my own timeline.

Thanks very much. This is a fantastic project from what I've done with it so far! It's my first site using OpenCart and it's been a pleasure to work with it!

egrap
Personaly I think it will be withing a week, 2 at the most.

Knowing Qphoria he will update his modules as soon as he knwos what a new OC release requires for his modules.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by maomaox » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:09 am

I too am holding off several projects because of the expectation of 1.4.1. It would be great if 1.4.1 as a consolidation of all the minor fixes suggested after 1.4.0, plus UPS, could be released this week. If not, an estimate would be helpful too.

Keep on the great work, Denial. I am counting on you.

Post by langtuhoangthanh » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:47 pm

I'm waiting for version opencart 1.4.1,
because version 1.4.0 too many errors,
Hi vong rằng, các bạn sẽ update sớm

Post by Daniel » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:58 am

UPS is done. just need to do some minor stuff before the next version is ready. it won;t have loads of new features, just bug fixes. i got really delayed getting ups and usps workign properly. also trying to get royal mail working now.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:16 am

Thanks for the update.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by ekerazha » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:18 am

Blogexecute wrote:Hey Dan, I can post a module for payment via credit card charge?
You can integrate it in new version?
Best regards
Blogexecute wrote:But in your countries there is a rechargeable credit card?
In Italy yes
Rechargeable credit cards are normal credit cards (but the owner can charge them when needed).

If you mean payments where customers directly recharge your card instead of using the credit card circuit, that's a very stupid payment method as it's not correctly traceable and there could also be legal issues.

eBay officially banned this payment method too.

Location - Italy

Post by SuperJuice » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:42 am

Can I ask that Australia Post either be completely removed, or you use the 1.4.0 dropbear edition in the Australia Post shipping module thread.

I have tested this version in 1.4.0, the version included/modified with OpenCart has never worked correctly so please just replace it.

Post by mircopage » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:59 pm

with a lot of great features ...

expected a good performaces by a rookie like me ...

Post by Daniel » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:41 pm

SuperJuice wrote:Can I ask that Australia Post either be completely removed, or you use the 1.4.0 dropbear edition in the Australia Post shipping module thread.

I have tested this version in 1.4.0, the version included/modified with OpenCart has never worked correctly so please just replace it.
sure. no problem.

i'm going to start updating the contribtuions section soon so people can manage their contributiions better. i was thinking of adding a section where there is gold contributions which will basicly have all the contributions that have been made inline with the OC code.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:54 pm

Daniel wrote:
SuperJuice wrote:Can I ask that Australia Post either be completely removed, or you use the 1.4.0 dropbear edition in the Australia Post shipping module thread.

sure. no problem.

i'm going to start updating the contribtuions section soon so people can manage their contributiions better. i was thinking of adding a section where there is gold contributions which will basicly have all the contributions that have been made inline with the OC code.
If you do that please lets have a look at the way the modules are build.
You know that Q has made a proposal to have a standarization of the modules so they do not need to get updated with every new release.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by muflon » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:17 pm

Blogexecute wrote:Hey Dan, you have considered removing the html code from the controller files?
Best regards
there is also html code in language files that should be moved to view (templates). And of course css styles inside html templates that should be moved into external css file. It was mentioned a lot of times.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:22 pm

muflon wrote:It was mentioned a lot of times.
Well then its a good thing you are mentioning it again ::)

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by crusin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:48 pm

Hello,

I am really happy using Open Cart, but there few queries that i have can someone help me out.

firstly, the newsletter features within open cart doesn't seem to work properly, as i can send newsletters to individual people but when i select all customer option the email ids of all customers doesn't appear and i guess email is also not send to all. Can this issue be solved in all upcoming versions.

secondly, this is really an important feature that i have been looking. The customer database maintained by OC only has the name and email id of the person registering on the website. Can we have all the details such as name,contact number, address, email id all these details stored in the customer database so that we can keep a track of all details pertaining to customers.

Third, Can we integrate sms gateway within the shopping cart so that whenever any order is placed an sms should be received by the customer as well as the store owner. I already have an sms gateway script with me but i have no idea how i can integrate it with OC.

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:36 am

customers are cross referenced to the address table. the customer table doesn't keep addresses because addresses are separate. There can be many addresses associated with a single customer. You will just need to do a join for the customer and their default address

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 am

muflon wrote:
Blogexecute wrote:Hey Dan, you have considered removing the html code from the controller files?
Best regards
there is also html code in language files that should be moved to view (templates). And of course css styles inside html templates that should be moved into external css file. It was mentioned a lot of times.
And done as well. Have a look in the Contributions section.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by Daniel » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:51 am

Best regards
muflon wrote:
Best regards

there is no fine line that says everything has to be kept out of each others way. nor is it logical to create template files for small bits of html. There is no strict MVC to say html and code don't mix at all.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by muflon » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:11 am

Daniel wrote:
Best regards
muflon wrote:
Best regards

there is no fine line that says everything has to be kept out of each others way. nor is it logical to create template files for small bits of html. There is no strict MVC to say html and code don't mix at all.
But I don't see any advantages of html code in controller or language files either. When you want to find some piece of html code which you want to edit you must search in 3-4 different files. I think you noticed this. It must be annoying when you want to add or edit anything in the code.

MVC was created to give a logical structure to aplication by separating code into diferent parts with diferent purpose and when you mix these parts you make code chaotic.

And By separating styles from html code to external stylesheet you make opencart faster and easier to make visual changes.

Post by PhilV » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:08 am

Daniel wrote:UPS is done. just need to do some minor stuff before the next version is ready. it won;t have loads of new features, just bug fixes. i got really delayed getting ups and usps workign properly. also trying to get royal mail working now.
So Daniel.....this is to say (you are not promising) that the 1.4.1 version of OpenCart will be ready and perfectly working but it may possibly be ready with updates and a release date in a few weeks to a month or so? Is that a fair 'best guess' scenario? We all understand things can happen but hope is a beautiful thing. ;)

Post by Daniel » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:26 pm

next release should be this weekend.

a lot of bugs have been fixed. only ups has been added.

OpenCart®

Administrator