Post by Yakiv » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:26 am

Xsecrets wrote:Like I said I wouldn't expect that from 1.3.5, but I would love to know he'll consider it for future versions maybe 1.4 or something since it is a pretty big change.
Totally agree

Post by i2Paq » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:08 am

Qphoria wrote:From what I know.. I think its only going to be new admin theme, new image manager, and some bug fixes. No new framework changes for modules
I was under the impression that there also would be an Order Edit, Manual Order Entry and a fix so we would have Indipendent Invoice Numbers.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by bless » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:24 am

i2Paq wrote:
Qphoria wrote:From what I know.. I think its only going to be new admin theme, new image manager, and some bug fixes. No new framework changes for modules
I was under the impression that there also would be an Order Edit, Manual Order Entry and a fix so we would have Indipendent Invoice Numbers.
Hey this sounds great. Where is the birdie, wich says, that we can download opencart 135 ? :-)

Post by openmind » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:25 am

Don't take so time, I have overloaded your server checking each 15 minute ;D ... its going down! >:D

like a kid with new toy!.

nah, just kidding to cheer up..

Post by openmind » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:26 am

bless wrote:Where is the birdie, wich says, that we can download opencart 135 ? :-)
Still flying, must we wait

Post by bless » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:39 am

openmind wrote:Don't take so time, I have overloaded your server checking each 15 minute ;D ... its going down! >:D

like a kid with new toy!.

nah, just kidding to cheer up..

I have same problem :-D

Post by christopherdarling » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:53 am

Give Daniel a break guys.

He's providing this excellent software for free. With HIS time, he'll release it when it's good and ready. Pointless rushing him forcing him to leave a few bugs in there.

I'm sure he'll keep you all updated when it's released

Christopher Darling - Web Design Bristol

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:17 am

i2Paq wrote:
lots of impressions are made... but only some are felt. I am unsure on this one.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:07 pm

the next version is coming.

I would have released it last night but I fell asleep working on it. I have got a cold.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by N1kko » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:18 pm

No excuses Daniel, looking forward to the new version.

Post by Yakiv » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:47 pm

Tis the season for colds. Daniel is entitled to get sick, like the rest of us. My sympathies.

Post by goldfinchpcs » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:29 pm

Def. horizontal.

Another quick thing, the guy who mentioned Magento, please note the difference in support for these products, OC hasn't got different versions with different level of support so I am sure OC would be better overall than the community version of Magento. The Enterprise version cost almost $11,500 depending on configuration. With OC you can use other opensource products to get it to do some of the CRM stuff and there are plenty of free and off the shelf add-ons for the users to purchase.

Post by Daniel » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:29 pm

Another thing about magent if you have actually developed one for a customer you will find there is no buit5l in html editor or a way to enter shipping rates witout having to upload then via csv. magento might be quite feature rich much really misses loads of important stuff.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by orionweb » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:42 pm

Magento is extremely slow, well it was when I last used it, and had so many files it took forever to upload.

Post by Yakiv » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:52 pm

orionweb wrote:Magento is extremely slow, well it was when I last used it, and had so many files it took forever to upload.
Just a point, not totally related - I hope you are zipping your files into one archive, uploading it and unzipping it through SSH. Uploading all of the files, as you suggest, is too RAM and processor intensive. It's not very efficient either, since it takes much longer. Your FTP client has to create all of the folders on the server, as it is uploading and it has to check ASCII and Binary for each file. ...Sorry, now back to your regularly scheduled program. ;D

Post by Gerrit » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:01 am

Like John Candy said in one of his films:
I am a clean, mean, fighting machine....... ;)

For modelcars cars see my OC 3.0.2.0 shop: http://www.gbcars.nl/
For Wooden Toys see my 2.3.0.2 shop: https://www.dehoutentreinenwinkel.nl/

Post by Vqz » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:11 am

Hello Daniel.Can you create a user points system? User can give his ref URL,get points for that,and buy items.Its a very good system for user population ;D

Vqz

Post by FinrodFelegund » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:11 am

magento requires at least a vps for decent speed. I tried magento i also have some php skills not much but i have :) so my client wanted just magento , it took me 2 freaking weeks to make it look like he wants! in oc i could have it done in 5 days. magento it's "drupal" for shopping cart gives u a little plus of seo and a biiiiiig headache.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
owner and manager of - superproduse.com

Post by Xsecrets » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:20 am

I was excited when magento was announced. All the features they had sounded great. When the first release came out I put it on my local dev server and it was taking like 15+ sec to render a page over the lan. So I waited. They finally fixed the speed somewhat so I did one customer site on it and I won't do another one unless they pay me a truckload of money. It's the biggest steaming pile of crap I've ever seen. Oh I want to change the links in the footer. oh well break out grep cause they are spread all throughout the core files all 200 directories or whatever it is. It's crazy simple links could be in literally any file in the entire cart.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by FinrodFelegund » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:28 am

Xsecrets: i feel you!
Now i have another project and i did a big research fo find a good opensource shopping cart like opencart and i came out with nothing...maybe just tomato cart but it still in alpha release for many many time (Sorry Daniel)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
owner and manager of - superproduse.com