Post by MarketInSG » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:03 pm

oh silly me, I forgotten to log in -.- I was wondering why I can't remove some nonsensical comments. Thanks a lot!

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by TipTip » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:34 pm

@Daniel - Can you add my banner for this extension when you review it please

ULTIMATE 15 in 1 SOCIAL MEDIA TABS (tw, fb,G+,RSS,Youtube,)

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ESC&page=3

Thanks

Post by iSenseLabs » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:58 am

Hello Daniel,

We have finished our second OC theme.

Here is the link: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=7470

Thanks,
Mihail

Premium OpenCart Extensions and Custom Development

Post by ksharlandjiev » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi Daniel, what are the requirements in order one or another module to be selected in the feature list?

Thanks.
Kamen.

Power Image Manager | Multi Image uploader | Bulk Update Products to Categories | Bulk Update Orders
NEW! Bulk add options | New! Bulk add attributes | NEW! Keep it Simple Checkout!

Location - London, UK

Post by andy2012 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:21 am

Dear Daniel,

Here is our new banner :)

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=4776

May you review it in the next session.

Kind Regards,
Icode.me Team

Newsletter Enhancements - vQmod

Post by OpenCart.us » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:40 am

Congratulations on the new site Daniel!

OpenCart keeps getting better and better thanks to your creativity, hard work and perseverance. Everything looks and works beautifully, even your new handsome mug shot. We added new tags and good looking 693 x 200 banners to our extensions as you requested. Please review and put them on the featured extensions when you have a chance:

Exclude My Visits From Google Analytics
Hide Admin Dashboard Overview, Statistics & Latest Orders
Advanced Customer Reviews with Email, URL & Auto-Enable
Contact Us Page with Store Hours, Google Maps & Additional Text

Also want to acknowledge Qphoria, i2Paq, JAY6390, MarketInSG, automysqlbackup, avvici, bigchili and Johnathan for their valuable contributions and/or feedback to improve OpenCart and the Extensions site. Thank you all and keep up the great work!

Quality OpenCart Extensions:
Exclude My Visits From Google Analytics
Hide Admin Dashboard Overview, Statistics & Latest Orders
Advanced Customer Reviews with Email, URL & Auto-Enable
Contact Us Page with Store Hours, Google Maps & Additional Text

Location - New York, NY USA

Post by hdleather » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:33 am

@threebuoys

The issue, if you are still having it, with the forums banner wrapping is within how your browser settings are. I use all browsers, except FireFox, and have no issues. I don't use FireFox because it has always had some issue with the display of some sites. For some reason it acts as if it does not always recognize the resolution coding that is written into the site designs. Never had this issue with any of the others though.
Last edited by Johnathan on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed @ statement

Post by nchankov » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:17 pm

Hi Daniel,

One suggestion regarding the Extension comments. Currently the order is only ASC (oldest first) and since the comments are few it's ok, but extensions with large number of comments probably it's better to be DESC, so you can see the latest entries first. Especially if you are extension owner, you are interested from the latest ones, and at least my understanding is that newcomers should see that the extension has good and responsive support.

So my suggestions are:
Add links/buttons in the comment tab where visitors can select their desired order (optionally this selection can be stored in a cookie).
Add a field in extension form where owners can set what should be the comments order. The default could be ASC, so it will remain the same as now.

I hope you find my suggestions reasonable :)

Edit your products with Mass Product Updater Pro directly from the product list.
Add news functionaity to your e-commerce site
Increase your sales by adding Coupon countdown in your site
--
See all available extensions here

Post by rsdimitrov » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:12 am

Hi Daniel,

I've been using the Images part of the Extension publishing interface a lot lately and couldn't help but notice a few things.

1. Replacing an already uploaded image is not possible. If you want to show a slideshow with specific order this means you have to reupload all your images again to keep the order after the update. Which brings me to my second observation:
2. When displayed, the images on the extension page are sorted by no particular order. Or maybe they sort by time and date of upload? If so what happens if you upload multiple images at the same time? Just tested it, image from position 2 is bigger than image in position 3, gets uploaded slower and ends up in position 3 on the extension page below the banner. Still, the order becomes unpredictable after a couple of edits of the images in the back end, mostly because they sort one way when you use the Add Image button and a different way when you open that tab again after publishing the extension.

3. The JPEG recompression kills the images. Wouldn't it be better to put a max file size limit of 200-300kb for those 500px square images and let the publisher/developer manage the quality himself?

Following these observations I would suggest that we need a proper way of modifying/updating product images and a way to specify their order of display. This kind of control will lead to people using them more creatively like the things they do at the AppStore for example — slideshow of images that tells a story. The visual medium is far more effective than text for selling extensions and will lead to higher commissions for opencart.com and higher sales for developers if they are able to fully control it.

What do you think?

Post by Johnathan » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:59 pm

Daniel, I don't know if this is easily fixable now, but a lot of extensions still have tags that were pulled automatically from the product description, which means they come up for a lot of search results for which they shouldn't. I think if developers haven't added tags by now, then the field should be cleared. Not sure if that's doable with a database query, but it would likely help improve the relevance of search results.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by OpenCart Addons » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:09 am

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by gob33 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:35 pm

I would say the search of extension is always UNPRECISE relative to the number of extensions now.
I recommend putting ONE search word only as if you put 2 words for search (OR), the result gets bigger and so on...
The images of extensions are too small, impossible to read titles, labels, buttons and guessing the behaviour.
A zoom or full size would be appreciated.

All my extensions

Location - France

Post by eka7a » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:00 pm

Hi Daniel
Search does not work correctly on extension page.

Example:
I have two extension
1. Extension: Shortcuts Menu Lite 1.5.x
2. Extension: Shortcuts Menu Pro 1.5.x v1.0.4

Search keyword: shortcuts
shorcuts.png

shorcuts.png (131.7 KiB) Viewed 13840 times

Search keyword: shortcut
shortcut.png

shortcut.png (172.94 KiB) Viewed 13840 times

Windows 11 Pro Digital License Key

Location - Türkiye

Post by iSenseLabs » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:54 am

Hello Daniel,

We have just released Garmento Responsive Premium OpenCart Template. We'd be very happy if you include it in the banners list. Here is how the banner looks.

This is the link to the page. http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=7999

Premium OpenCart Extensions and Custom Development

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:41 am

I also have a new module. If you have time, have a look if its ok for the featured section:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=8002

Expert Member

Post by Avvici » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:51 am

florinsith wrote:I also have a new module. If you have time, have a look if its ok for the featured section:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=8002
Your image thumbnails are "really" hard to see. :) The ones on the extension page.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:56 am

You mean the clarity? I think I should compress them before upgrading them, maybe they wont be that way anymore. Ill try now.

Expert Member

Post by Avvici » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:00 am

florinsith wrote:You mean the clarity? I think I should compress them before upgrading them, maybe they wont be that way anymore. Ill try now.
Perhaps yes. I always just upload .PNG's or make sure the jpegs are compressed at 100 quality :)
Yes, they are just really hard to see the details.

Look at my extension and notice the difference:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=6738

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by gob33 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:22 pm

I agree with eka7a on Search.
There is 5 shipping extensions with word "Colissimo". You can see all them if you select 'Shippping".
But if you do a search with "Colissimo", result is only 2.

Extensions images are really too small. Should have their height displayed equal to the inner window frame.
I already see that on other sites so it's possible to code.

All my extensions

Location - France

Post by Avvici » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:55 am

Bug: left_column is not showing up on the SITE MAP page.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC