Post by gob33 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:29 am

@jay6390 - I disagree, it matters because i never know where (A and B) stops before (A or B). I need to click each extension to read the description to see if B word is present or not and relevant to that extension. Waste of time.
Same if i would want to precise my search by adding a C and D word.
With your system, the results get bigger and bigger each time you add a word and are more precise of what you want.

All my extensions

Location - France

Post by JAY6390 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:55 am

While I can appreciate what you're saying, say someone was searching for
"blue fashion template", and someone had only put "blue fashion" in their tags, then they wouldn't be found because the word "template" is missing. it's probably not the best of examples, but most things you search for, their titles give away if they're actually suitable for you. Obviously if something like "blue widget" came up as a result, you would realise it's not what you want

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by gob33 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:51 am

Yes, but if i put "blue fashion template" that's i want all these words in extension or i would have put "blue fashion" only. You cannot refine your search that way. To realize it's not what you want, you must then read description and tags.

All my extensions

Location - France

Post by Daniel » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:08 pm

JAY6390 wrote:gob33 - just because you don't need them doesn't mean others won't find them useful. The best matched will always show higher, so it should make no difference to you really

@Daniel - Can you add my banner for this mod when you review it please
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=3477

ok added.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by gob33 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:49 pm

Also the banner size 693 x 200 is not a standart or common.
See Web Banner wikipedia or designerstoolbox.com.
The closest are 728 x 210 or 720 x 300 - Large Leaderboard.

All my extensions

Location - France

Post by qahar » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:57 pm

@Daniel I hope you like the banner :)

Blog Manager

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by Daniel » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:33 pm

gob33 wrote:Also the banner size 693 x 200 is not a standart or common.
See Web Banner wikipedia or designerstoolbox.com.
The closest are 728 x 210 or 720 x 300 - Large Leaderboard.

yes i know but the sizes of the content and column don;t fit very well.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:41 pm

I also added banners, I hope you'll like this one: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... 806&page=4

Expert Member

Post by ksharlandjiev » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Hello Daniel, and congratulations about the new design. It's look awesome!
Could you be so kind to add one of my modules in the feature list? :) I've just added banners.
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=3453
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=6236
Both are good modules (5 stars rated), and i believe you can check the purchase reports for them :)

--
Best regards,
Kamen.

Power Image Manager | Multi Image uploader | Bulk Update Products to Categories | Bulk Update Orders
NEW! Bulk add options | New! Bulk add attributes | NEW! Keep it Simple Checkout!

Location - London, UK

Administrator

Post by Moggin » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:30 am

Liking the new look. Very smart all round.

...There's an apostrophe to lose on the front page slideshow- Thousand's s/be Thousands. Yeah, I'm pedantic... ;)

Design of extensions section is great for buyers, and the banners very eyecatching.
Though I agree with avvici's Fri 13th post, ie the descriptions are tough to read, so +1 vote for a bit more contrast, if possible.
Thank you...

Post by bigchili » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:59 pm

Why do the last two extensions on the page always show up as the first two extensions on the next page when moving between pages in the extension store? Is it supposed to be like that?

Post by settysantu » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi Daniel,

Here is the new banner http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=3893

Please review it in ur next session.

Best Regards
Santosh Setty

Location - Hyderabad, India

Post by threebuoys » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:36 pm

Your new site looks great.

I've monitored the progress over the past couple of weeks and I respect your responsiveness to questions and suggestions.

I have two observations. First, as an extension purchaser, not seller, I feel that the banners rotate too quickly on the extension page to be effective. This may be a personal preference, but for me the speed is distracting, even when I'm looking at the choices below the banner, to the point I scroll down on the page to hide the banner. I would suggest slowing it down to at least twice as long as current so users unfamiliar with the extension shown in the banner can react, maybe even click on it, before it scrolls to the next one.

Minor observation - on the community forums, the top menu wraps so that "partners" shows down in the blue community forums box. Not a big deal for me, I guess it might be due to my browser(?), or it may have been this way prior to the current site, but someone unfamiliar with the site might not even notice the choice on the forum page.

David

v1.5.2.1; vqmod

Location - Avon, NC

Post by JAY6390 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:41 pm

Totally agree with the first point, they do seem to rotate rather quickly. As for the second point, I can't say I've noticed it. I use Chrome, FF and IE9 and all look fine ???

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Daniel » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:18 pm

threebuoys wrote:Your new site looks great.

I've monitored the progress over the past couple of weeks and I respect your responsiveness to questions and suggestions.

I have two observations. First, as an extension purchaser, not seller, I feel that the banners rotate too quickly on the extension page to be effective. This may be a personal preference, but for me the speed is distracting, even when I'm looking at the choices below the banner, to the point I scroll down on the page to hide the banner. I would suggest slowing it down to at least twice as long as current so users unfamiliar with the extension shown in the banner can react, maybe even click on it, before it scrolls to the next one.

Minor observation - on the community forums, the top menu wraps so that "partners" shows down in the blue community forums box. Not a big deal for me, I guess it might be due to my browser(?), or it may have been this way prior to the current site, but someone unfamiliar with the site might not even notice the choice on the forum page.

i have updated the banner speed.

as fror the partners wrapping i recommend you hit ctrl f5 and clear your browser cache.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by dunks » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:44 pm

new look opencart site was great,simple, good colors and shadows,

like this!! :)

Ingat Gadget, Ingat DroidLime https://www.droidlime.com/

Location - Jakarta - Indonesia

Post by threebuoys » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:09 pm

Thanks Daniel,

I think the new speed is much better.

I have tried ctrl-F5 and cleared the cache several times. The wrap is still there for me. I use the latest release of FireFox. The problem only occurs on the Community Forums page. When you first installed the new site a couple of weeks ago, I used the ctrl-F5 to solve the wrap problem for the other pages. However, then and now at least on my computer, the problem did not go away on the forum page. It's not a big deal for me, and if it is cache related it shouldn't be a problem for new users in the future.

thanks

David

v1.5.2.1; vqmod

Location - Avon, NC

Post by MarketInSG » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:53 pm

@Daniel

I realised the function to delete comments at the extensions area is missing? Having that function back will be useful for us extensions seller.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by Johnathan » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:25 pm

MarketInSG wrote:@Daniel

I realised the function to delete comments at the extensions area is missing? Having that function back will be useful for us extensions seller.
It's still there for me -- are you sure you're logged in? The "Delete Comment" link should be to the right of the poster's name.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator