Post by tophat » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:21 pm

Daniel wrote:the whole main oc site is in the process of a rewrite.
Sounds good, look forward to it. So... what can we expect, or is it top secret information? Any ideas of time frame, 1 month or 1 year?

Cheers.

Webmaster for: http://www.getlaidbeds.co.uk + www.mattressmoose.co.uk + www.pixellounge.co.uk

Post by Daniel » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:17 pm

this week.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by tophat » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:54 pm

Daniel wrote:this week.
...for real? :O

Liking the main site changes I'm seeing.

Webmaster for: http://www.getlaidbeds.co.uk + www.mattressmoose.co.uk + www.pixellounge.co.uk

Post by asphole » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:47 pm

Reelax wrote:Hi,

Where are the reward points gone? I can't find them anymore in my shop, and also can't find them in the official demo of OpenCart. How can we add reward points to order? don't find any "+" button.

Thanks
Did you figure this out? Just upgraded live site to 1.5.3.1 and only just noticed they've gone and I cant find anything out either!! :(

Post by srikanth » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:27 pm

What is so good about opencart is it's ease of using, even a layman will be able to use the software with ease, great job by the team.

Post by The.One » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:53 am

i had a 1.4.9.6 and using BETA3 script i upgraded to 1.5.3.1

now i want to move it from my localhost(xampp) to my new host.
i added the install folder from
opencart_v1.5.3.1.zip

but when running it on my host it says "upgrade" , not install

what should i do ?

thanks

Post by tophat » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:21 pm

Daniel wrote:this week.
hmmm?! Any further news or inclination on the future versions of opencart?

Post by Daniel » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:13 am

should be soon. finished most of the reported bugs. going to add auspost and another extension.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by andrejuseu » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:38 am

Daniel wrote:should be soon. finished most of the reported bugs. going to add auspost and another extension.
So it means 1.5.3.2 or 1.5.4?

CART.lt - custom opencart development, import and export systems, migrations to opencart

Post by Klimskady » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:34 am

Is there a date in mind (Approximately) for the next version to be released?

Post by Daniel » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:26 pm

soon. i have already finished addig the auspost extension and now working on the fedex one. once fedex is finished i will release the next version.

after that going to work on google checkout, auto updater and integrate vqmod.

auto updater will have big red notice on it telling people not to use it though.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:22 am

Daniel wrote:should be soon. finished most of the reported bugs. going to add auspost and another extension.
Wouldn't it make sense at this stage to publish a bugfix release, e.g. 1.5.3.2, before adding new features and potentially new bugs to a future 1.5.4 release? The 1.5.3.x bug thread was quite a long one.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Daniel » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:06 am

there are only going to be 2 new features added.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by gob33 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:17 pm

You could update jQuery and JQuery UI to the latest at the same time.

All my extensions

Location - France

Post by tophat » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:23 pm

Daniel wrote:there are only going to be 2 new features added.
Have you thought about seperating the delivery extensions and updates thereof from the main opencart platform?? The reason I mention this is that we (no doubt others also) don't use or rely upon the available delivery extensions other than the basic. Often companies just charge a flat rate to avoid handling varying rates which gets confusing when addressing margins.

Not that I'm saying these aren't helpful to plenty of people but I'm just thinking that couldn't the shipping extensions work similar to how Wordpress plugins operate and you install the ones that are relevant to you? These are then upgraded indipendently. I'm sure if these were charged for extensions such as many of the ones already in the store it wouldn't necessary be a problem for most.

For us, we don't use any of the delivery extensions. We're looking at a totally bespoke option to integrate directly with the API of our courier TNT to manage the shipping. We can't be manually filling in items for dispatch when it comes to that actual processing of the shipping as its unwanted admin work.

Just my thoughts :)

Post by Daniel » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:39 pm

no. it might drive people away from using opencart if they have to search for how to install shipping or payment methods.

they are also good for giving developers ideas of how the extensions should be setup.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Global Titans » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:17 pm

We have too mutch missing orders that are payed on paypal. Some of them are not in the orders list. Generaly we have big problems with the orders system. Did you fixed that?

http://Shopix.me - Natural herbs and more.. - online shop

Post by Daniel » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:21 pm

its not an issue, you probably have caused this your self. re-save your order statuses.

if you put your site into maintenance mode paypals callback will not reach your site.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Calcite » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the awesome work you have put into OC, as my first venture into setting up a store I am more than happy with OC. I'm about to launch the store but was hoping the new 1.5.4 OC version would launch soon as I'd like to start with a stable and fully up to date release.

Any news on a possible release date yet?

Post by Daniel » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:46 am

very soon. Q needs to work on the upgrade before the release.

OpenCart®

Administrator