Post by asif » Sat May 26, 2012 8:51 pm

great work!! thanks!!

New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:35 pm

Post by Klimskady » Sun May 27, 2012 2:32 pm

Qphoria wrote:
mrbill wrote:
Daniel wrote:Released v1.5.3.1
it has the bottom fix and the image manager fix.
or you can view the last few commits here and manually add them to your site:
http://code.google.com/p/opencart/source/list
Would it be possible to get a 1.5.3.0 to 1.5.3.1 upgrade zip file? No installer or anything, just the correct updated files.
Read the last line of the first post
That would work yes, but I use a mac and have spent the last hour downloading different applications to try to replicate the tutorial you wrote with no luck, and using my regular TextWrangler just doesn't do it either so actually having an option to have just the changed or new files to download is ideal for me, and I would imagine other updaters otherwise I have to upload the whole lot which seems like overkill.

If anyone with a mac can help or if someone has isolated the updated or new files and would be willing to help then I would be grateful.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:57 am

Post by PalMultimedia » Sun May 27, 2012 3:57 pm

Thanks Daniel,

How long it will take to make Google/Amazon checkout(UK) working ?? I know there is few module is there but is not working in Pound and that is a big problem.

User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:17 pm

Post by m3ta » Sun May 27, 2012 7:19 pm

Klimskady wrote:
Qphoria wrote:
mrbill wrote:
Would it be possible to get a 1.5.3.0 to 1.5.3.1 upgrade zip file? No installer or anything, just the correct updated files.
Read the last line of the first post
That would work yes, but I use a mac and have spent the last hour downloading different applications to try to replicate the tutorial you wrote with no luck, and using my regular TextWrangler just doesn't do it either so actually having an option to have just the changed or new files to download is ideal for me, and I would imagine other updaters otherwise I have to upload the whole lot which seems like overkill.

If anyone with a mac can help or if someone has isolated the updated or new files and would be willing to help then I would be grateful.

Agreed, those "instructions" were made with only Winblows in mind, and they aren't really generic, far from it.
Although, this 1.5.3.1 seems to be really rushed, and not very elaborate. Look at the description: "making to many requests upon scroll."

"to many"? Really, any 10 year old who finished elementary school can tell you what's wrong with it.

It looks better to wait for a new version that it is not a minor one (thus, deserving a full upgrade) than this one.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sun May 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Post by mondokat » Mon May 28, 2012 1:59 pm

m3ta wrote: Agreed, those "instructions" were made with only Winblows in mind, and they aren't really generic, far from it.
Although, this 1.5.3.1 seems to be really rushed, and not very elaborate. Look at the description: "making to many requests upon scroll."

"to many"? Really, any 10 year old who finished elementary school can tell you what's wrong with it.

It looks better to wait for a new version that it is not a minor one (thus, deserving a full upgrade) than this one.
Wow, not really a useful reply here.

Seems the best thing to do with opencart releases is wait a week after a release and see if there won't be a few quick bug fixes as people actually start to use the new code. When it's been quiet a while, THEN upgrade.

New member

Posts

Joined
Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:55 pm

Post by adwordsvouchersshop » Mon May 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Where can we see the files that got modified since 1.5.2.1? Some of us have modified files.

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:00 am

Post by tdaubs » Mon May 28, 2012 11:30 pm

adwordsvouchersshop wrote:Where can we see the files that got modified since 1.5.2.1? Some of us have modified files.
See this post.

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=55091

Image
Opencart Support . Opencart Galaxy . Buy Me a Coffee?


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:51 am
Location - Southern California

Post by Klimskady » Tue May 29, 2012 12:44 am

tdaubs wrote:
adwordsvouchersshop wrote:Where can we see the files that got modified since 1.5.2.1? Some of us have modified files.
See this post.

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=55091

Which only helps if you have windows...

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:57 am

Post by rincerofwinds » Tue May 29, 2012 4:58 am

If you are using a mac, then you could try searching google for a file merge programme for the mac...

a very quick search brings up

diffmerge
and
filemerge

cant tell you what they are like or even if they are free, but a quick glance suggests that they should be able to do the job. Im sure there are other programmes out there as well, but you will have to go and look for yourselves.

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:45 am


Post by Klimskady » Tue May 29, 2012 7:32 am

rincerofwinds wrote:If you are using a mac, then you could try searching google for a file merge programme for the mac...

a very quick search brings up

diffmerge
and
filemerge

cant tell you what they are like or even if they are free, but a quick glance suggests that they should be able to do the job. Im sure there are other programmes out there as well, but you will have to go and look for yourselves.
Tried them both out and neither have a definitive way of taking only the changed files and putting in a new folder for updating that I have seen anyway.

Thanks for looking but I have tried several without success unfortunately.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:57 am

Post by johans » Tue May 29, 2012 12:52 pm

i have upgrade it and the settings are just as is with the old settings only the LOGO back to default..

Thanks,
Johans
Web Designer / Open Source Developer
http://www.johansempuerto.tk


User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:08 pm


Post by wroughtec » Tue May 29, 2012 11:17 pm

Klimskady wrote:
rincerofwinds wrote:If you are using a mac, then you could try searching google for a file merge programme for the mac...

a very quick search brings up

diffmerge
and
filemerge

cant tell you what they are like or even if they are free, but a quick glance suggests that they should be able to do the job. Im sure there are other programmes out there as well, but you will have to go and look for yourselves.
Tried them both out and neither have a definitive way of taking only the changed files and putting in a new folder for updating that I have seen anyway.

Thanks for looking but I have tried several without success unfortunately.
this is what I use on the Mac:

http://www.deltopia.com/compare-merge-sync/macosx/

New member

Posts

Joined
Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:45 am

Post by justinv » Wed May 30, 2012 10:43 am

Wow, that was faster than usual. Thanks :)

Documentation: OpenCart User Guide
Mods: Total Import PRO | CSV Import PRO | Ecom Tracking | Any Feed | Autosuggest | OpenCart CDN
Image


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by tdaubs » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:53 am

Klimskady wrote:
tdaubs wrote:
adwordsvouchersshop wrote:Where can we see the files that got modified since 1.5.2.1? Some of us have modified files.
See this post.

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=55091
Which only helps if you have windows...
For Mac you might take a look at DeltaWalker. http://www.deltopia.com/compare-merge-sync/macosx/

Image
Opencart Support . Opencart Galaxy . Buy Me a Coffee?


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:51 am
Location - Southern California

Post by expanism » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:37 am

Thanks Daniel, Qphoria and Blueyon!
Upgraded with no problems to 1.5.3.1
Last edited by expanism on Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:43 pm

Post by ccM » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:48 am

Thanks Daniel and Q for this latest release and all your hard work. Love the new table order_misc too! ;)

ccM
New member

Posts

Joined
Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:51 am
Location - QLD, Australia

User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by thaga » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:16 am

Still need option for Taxes.

I'm sure the state I live in (Alabama) is not the only one that requires the collection of City, County and State Taxes. To help me figure out this problem, I purchased the Open Cart Users Manual and ccording to it there should be a way to establish a way to configure/collect these taxes. I set up the GEO Zones, Tax Classes, etc, but the only tax it configures is the state. Can you please tell me the process, if there really is one, for collecting all three taxes and listing them separately in the shopping cart. This is a BIG deal for my customers. Currently I am having to use Pay Pal to collect the taxes at checkout, but I prefer to have that process handled by Open Cart. I am usig 1.5.3.1, but it did the same in 1.5.2. I also purchased the Extension for 20.00 to collect County taxes, but it did not work either. Please help. I have 3 othe sites I need to build that will require shopping carts and I am not confortable recommending this one, because PayPal may not be an option they want to use. If thats the case then I'm messed up. Thanks for you help! ???

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu May 31, 2012 2:54 am

Post by MattW » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:25 pm

Both stores upgraded to 1.5.3.1 with no issues :)

Image


User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:37 am
Location - Sheffield

Post by Alexisander » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:00 pm

But as i see the search bug still exists.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:11 pm
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests