Post by Qphoria » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:19 pm

There is no legal need to have stock automatically repopulate. It is a minor inconvenience. Plus, it should be rare that you need to edit orders to begin with. I think I've edited 2 orders in 3 years of business when I used to sell home automation products. It is an extremely rare situation.

Administrator

Post by chilledworld » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:21 pm

Hi Alexisander,
What may be law in your country is not necessarily law in other countries.
I have been running successful websites and high street shops for over 6 years and what you have said has never been an issue. Yes limited companies need to show certain information but for the majority of sole trader businesses this is not the case and no one has been locked up in the UK because they did not have all their details on their website.

Daniel was super quick at bringing out 1.5.2.1 to correct some errors, it was done in 24 hours. We cannot knock him for this, Google yes GOOGLE had to re-release their Gmail app last year because of errors so I think we can forgive this one.

Daniel and Q have made a fantastic eCommerce system, it has more than what most people need and for anyone who needs that little bit extra, well get your cash out because you have already saved thousands on developer fees alone by using Opencart.

Many thanks guys you have done it again and created a fantastic release.

Post by MrTech » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:10 pm

The question has been asked several times but no one seems willing to take the time to answer it and I'm not sure why? There is a new version 1.5.2.1 out there with no explanations at all on the what and why it exists.

Also, about the order editing function not returning stock!?! After a few comments that it was not working as one would expect, the comment came back that it could be added as an option later!?! Sorry to disagree, but that should have been the first thing accounted for when building this module. The stock function should not be considered an option to be added later, it should have been integral. As it stands it's just going to create confusion for shop owners that use employees to manage their sites. Who's to say my employee will 'remember' to change the stock levels manually, odds are they won't care to remember and my stock levels will be inaccurate.

I'm not complaining but the bottom line is that as a shop owner, I don't want to sell something that I don't have in stock to avoid upsetting my customers.

My .02 watts...

~
Install Extensions OR OpenCart Fast Service! PayPal Accepted
I will professionally install and configure any free or purchased theme, module or extension.

Visit http://www.mrtech.ca if you need an OpenCart webmaster
~

Location - Canada, Eh!

Post by Msun » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:31 pm

MrTech, at download page there is a tab named Changelog, you find there the changes of all recent versions.

Post by Qphoria » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:46 pm

MrTech wrote:There is a new version 1.5.2.1 out there with no explanations at all on the what and why it exists.
That is because common sense should be enough to know that 1.5.2.1 is an update to 1.5.2.
If you want to know what is different, follow this guide:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=55091

But all you really need to know is that it has bug fixes from the 1.5.2 release and should be used instead of 1.5.2

Administrator

Post by peteVA » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:19 am

I looked at the changelog and saw nothing about putting back subcategory images when you open the main category. Just a bunch of text links now.

Save me a lot of grief, please, as I'm perfectly happy with 1.5.3 except for the lack of those thumbnails.

Are they back, or not?

A Trusted Wholesale Dropshipper
Web Hosting Under $ 5.00 Month! FREE Shopping Carts!
25,000+ Real Wholesale & Dropship Sources!

Post by jty » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:50 am

MrTech wrote:Also, about the order editing function not returning stock!?! After a few comments that it was not working as one would expect, the comment came back that it could be added as an option later!?! Sorry to disagree, but that should have been the first thing accounted for when building this module. The stock function should not be considered an option to be added later, it should have been integral.
Well then just wait for the release that updates stock.

It took Daniel 4 months just to do the order edit as it is. In the meantime, bug fixes were held up.
Daniel could either give us what he already has or make us wait some more.

What Daniel has done is given us a release that allows those who do not need order edit to have bug fixes, those that know how to mod or are willing to pay for mods can also continue by coding in the stock updates themselves. Those that require stock update for order edit and do not know how to code and aren't willing to pay for code changes can wait.

This is much better than making everyone wait.
Be happy with what we have been given. Or would you prefer Daniel to pull the release and make us all wait more.

jty

Post by MrTech » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Sorry you guys, I was just posting my opinion. I'll refrain from now on as it seems there are too many people taking offense to my post. And yes I would have preferred he waited, why bother releasing an unfinished feature? I know you won't agree with that either lol.

PS: The changelog is not very complete... I've so many issues that seem to have cropped up since the new version but cannot find any information on it.

~
Install Extensions OR OpenCart Fast Service! PayPal Accepted
I will professionally install and configure any free or purchased theme, module or extension.

Visit http://www.mrtech.ca if you need an OpenCart webmaster
~

Location - Canada, Eh!

Post by peteVA » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:13 am

Amen.

If Mr Tech can't figure it out, Mr. Dumbass Pete sure can't. Seems like I can't get an answer either. :)

Par for the course.

Post by cwswebdesign » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:32 am

All I have to say is that I've receive MUCH better support here (for a FREE cart) than I have for two other PAID Ecommerce Systems.

Sure there are bugs and new things in the works and under development, but that's software. No complaints here!

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by Qphoria » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:50 am

peteVA wrote:Amen.

If Mr Tech can't figure it out, Mr. Dumbass Pete sure can't. Seems like I can't get an answer either. :)

Par for the course.
What's the "answer" you are looking for?

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:50 am

i'm in the process of setting up a free support ticket system and have already contacted some one who will run it.

also if you want a feature added i recommend hiring some one instead of complaining.

its not my fault if you don't know how to code.

all current features will be approved on over time.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Pixel Pusher » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:16 am

1.) Are any of the changes security updates?
2.) Is there a log somewhere to view which particular files which have been changed?

Post by cwswebdesign » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:56 am

Pixel Pusher wrote:1.) Are any of the changes security updates?
2.) Is there a log somewhere to view which particular files which have been changed?

This will answer everything for you. Click on the "Changelog" tab.

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... d/download

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by peteVA » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:00 am

Qphoria wrote:
Does this upgrade restore the sub-category thumbnails that somehow disappeared with 1.5.1.3 (or sooner)?

All that shows by default is text links. There is an 8 page thread on the subject, but you need a GPS to figure it out. It meanders all over the place.

Post by cwswebdesign » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:02 am

peteVA wrote:
Qphoria wrote:
Does this upgrade restore the sub-category thumbnails that somehow disappeared with 1.5.1.3 (or sooner)?

All that shows by default is text links. There is an 8 page thread on the subject, but you need a GPS to figure it out. It meanders all over the place.

Is this what you're looking for:

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... order=DESC

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by peteVA » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:11 am

cwswebdesign wrote:

Thanks for the link, but no, that is not what I was looking or hoping for. I was hoping someone would have corrected that degradation of the script through a fix in the next upgrade.

So, what I was truly looking for was "Yes, that error has been fixed."

Like many unsuspecting fools here I am a user, not a coder and I am totally amazed that something like that would have been removed in the first place. All I have to do is see "edit css" and turn and run as quick as I can in the other direction.

And truly scratching my head over why it disappeared in the first place......

Post by Daniel » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:14 am

Pixel Pusher wrote:1.) Are any of the changes security updates?

no

yes

http://code.google.com/p/opencart/source/list

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:37 am

peteVA wrote:
cwswebdesign wrote:

Thanks for the link, but no, that is not what I was looking or hoping for. I was hoping someone would have corrected that degradation of the script through a fix in the next upgrade.

Like many unsuspecting fools here I am a user, not a coder and I am totally amazed that something like that would have been removed in the first place. All I have to do is see "edit css" and turn and run as quick as I can in the other direction.

I still have no idea what you are asking about. I was also thinking the link cwswebdesign gave was what you wanted. But there are no known issues with "missing" thumbnails.

Administrator

Post by marvmen21 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:50 am

Qphoria wrote:
peteVA wrote:
cwswebdesign wrote:

I still have no idea what you are asking about. I was also thinking the link cwswebdesign gave was what you wanted. But there are no known issues with "missing" thumbnails.
Hi, I guess he's referring to the way the sub-categories were shown in 1.4.x. They were shown in thumbnails, and now in 1.5.X they are shown as links. But ...
this is not an error. I advise peteVA to use our forum FREE search. There have been many posts about implementing the sub-categories thumbnails in 1.5.X

EDIT: Just checked that link for the previously advised extension, Now I guess I didn't understand what he meant since the extension does exactly what I was referring to... :-\
Last edited by marvmen21 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

You want to thank me for my time! :) Click here to donate