Post by kdmp » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:13 am

Hi Daydreamer,

How do you know that template preview is working when you can't select your template? ;D

I may have confused you with my response, so I will reiterate: ;)

The template options in the drop down are grabbed from image/templates directory - the OpenCart code is looking for .png files in that directory to generate the combo box template list in the admin panel. So if you have not added a screen shot yet you will not see your template in the combo box. If you do not have a screenshot to upload, simply try ftp'ing to the image/templates directory and duplicate the default.png image and rename it to yourtemplatename.png. You should see your template name in the combo box.

Kevin

Kevin Davidson
Purolator Shipping Module
Canpar Shipping Module
VQMod - Paypal Transaction ID to Payment Details

Location - Ontario, Canada

Post by mmuuttzz » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:17 am

Has anybody get the 1.2.9 or the 1.3.0 version to work whit the swedish letter å ä ö.
i have tried the the new one whit my own smtp and it's the same problem.

i dont know how to solve this problem. i can't send out email och verification, nothing. whit out my å ä ö working properly.

Any ideas ? i have tried to work whit the mail.php file whitout any result!

Best Regards
Mtz!

Post by djbrock » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:21 am

The myriad of problems I've experienced with updating this program continue to exist. For example, the Latest Products still shows the name of the iPods and other demo products which I don't want or need and cannot find even by doing a search of the entire SQL database so I can't even delete them.

I'm also getting image errors which do not go away when I set my image sizes.

I have another product for which the image shows only on the main page but not in any of the other pages. Reuploading the image does no good. EDIT: None of my images show anywhere but the Latest Products on the first page.

The admin settings page is not saving my changes. The image dimensions, the store image, the address, and the phone number.

I've not been able to use this program for at least 3 versions now.

Post by Daniel » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:26 am

djbrock,

put a request in the commercials section.

if you don't have the php experiance to do to fix this you should pay for some support.

you have mentioned a lot of issues that would take a while to go through and you could make anoither mistake ont he way.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by djbrock » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:23 pm

The problem does not lie with my ability to edit php code or to follow the instructions on how to upgrade or install. There is something else and my best guess is that something else arose with changes you made in the code. Whether it is a change or changes that are peculiar to my service with Hostmonster and MySql I can't say. What I'm doing here is describing for you the problems I'm experiencing so that you can hopefully fix them. I've got the 0.7 series working and have upgraded it several times over the last eight months. I successfully installed and was using the 1.2 branch until these last few releases broke it. I've used the same process with PhpAdmin to back up the SQL database as I've used for the 0.7 line. I've imported the same way and I've read and followed the install.txt and upgrade.txt for each release.

What I *don't* want is the fear and dread that I face every time I upgrade Open Cart. The hours and hours and hours I've had to put in to try and fix things that shouldn't, IMHO, be broken has been greater than any other program I have ever used!!! With the relatively few changes that take place between editions, it should not be that difficult. It should be as simple as replacing the old files with the new ones, but it is not and has never been that easy. The easiest and best results I've had has been using SimpleScripts through Hostmonster, but they are always a version or two behind. Still, the upgrades work and require nothing difficult on my part (at least for the 0.7 line).

Because the upgrading process is so buggy I will not exchange the 0.7 line for the 1* line until I can attempt it with SimpleScripts. So I'm waiting for someone to ask me a question that can help solve these problems and make this a better program. If you've got one I'll be glad to try and answer it. One thing I'd like to know is where the image sizes are stored so that I can edit them manually since OC isn't saving my changes made through the admin panel. Perhaps that will solve one round of issues.

I've never had to pay for support on any program I've ever used and I'm not going to start with this one. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I'd install 0.7 for 1.* before I'd do that.

Post by mmuuttzz » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:57 pm

HAve you taken a backup of the sql and of the images.
just reinstall the opencart in a new dir then import everything again and see if that work.

If not! Start all over again!
it's not fun but whit all this problem you have maybe thats the easiest way to handle it.
BR
mutz

Post by nmtechlv » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:38 am

Hi Daniel. First off, great job on the new cart version! I've just downloaded and installed it to my hosting server. I've never used opencart before, so I am a newbie, so to speak with this cart. Everything seems to be working properly except...SEO URL Rewriting. I am having trouble with this. It doesn't seem to work. Can you give me a step-by-step on this? I have renamed the htaccess.txt file to .htaccess. I have the SEO URL function on in the back end. But it just doesn't seem to be working. Am I missing something? Oh yea, apache mod_rewrite is on. Thanks!

Post by djbrock » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:12 am

Here is an update. Using SimpleScripts, deleting the files and folders, deleting and reinstalling 1.3.0 I finally got it to work. Unfortunately, the new installation had the prefix opc_ which my original database did not. I tried switching to the old database but that didn't work. Ultimately, I spent several hours going through the SQL that I had backed up with the REPLACE command. I cut out everything that I didn't need and installed my products, categories, etc. via SQL. That got everything working up to 99%. There are two problems I have yet to resolve.

1. The shipping by Weight and/or by Item is not showing up in the checkout process.
2. When I log out with items in my cart, the log back in and click "Checkout" the program does not remember which address to use (I have two for testing purposes) so it gives me a list of errors placed at the top of the page. I then have to click the Change Address button and select an address. My concern is that this could be a problem for customers with more than one address. One needs to be set as the default automatically.

Other than that, everything seems to be working fine.

Post by elmo » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:14 am

Hi There: Have had OpenCart v1.30 installed & configured with no problems.
But I have the problems arise with adding additional modules like news_129 and homepage_129
These are running on v1.29 ok.
Is any body able to help??

Post by mmuuttzz » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:30 pm

Dj broke you need to put in the weight hight and lengd for the each product in the administration för the shippment to work i think. i saw something in an other thread regarding the new fieldes. Why jo make every thing so hard ? if the install dident haev the prefix you whant remove it and the database and do it again ? it takes like 5 minutes MAX i think like 3 :D

Post by djbrock » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:14 pm

mmuuttzz wrote:Why jo make every thing so hard ? if the install dident haev the prefix you whant remove it and the database and do it again ? it takes like 5 minutes MAX i think like 3 :D
Because changing the database in the config.php gave me the same problems as the manual updating did with the IMPORT function. So there had to be another way. Mostly what I wanted was the products and categories but I did more as I had good success with those. I did muck around with replacing the opc_ but didn't have good results on my tests so I didn't pursue it. I even changed it in the config.php to "". Instead, I decided to stick with the new database that it created and see if it would be without the problems of the old one. There were some things that did not REPLACE properly and had to be deleted or entered manually. I had all kinds of image display problems UNTIL I did this SQL entry with the REPLACE function. Suddenly all of my images appeared on all the pages, my "click to enlarge" worked etc. So it was worth the time it took to get things going again without having to reenter all of the products and categories by hand. The hours that I've spent trying to make the manual update work over the past three releases are monumental compared to what I did in a few hours yesterday.

I'm still working on the shipping issue. It's probably me and the settings more than anything else. :-)

Post by djbrock » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:11 pm

Is there any way to convert the 0.7.9 database to work with 1.3.0? I've figured much of it out via sql but am having issues with the Product Options and Images.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:40 pm

The product option design is completely different, there is no way to convert those over easily.
Same with Images

Administrator

Post by djbrock » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:23 am

Thanks. I was able to get the images to work by typing the image name after sorting by the product_id. That saved some time. The options I wanted most I was able to transfer too by using Excel, PSPad, and the SQL info and working with it as a csv file. Took some time and coordination with the product_ids but it was worth the effort.

Post by ocsinet » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:49 pm

Daniel, please, I already told you that italian zones are wrong.
Please, correct them with the sql file italian_zones.sql that you find in the italian translation pack.
Thank you.

Webmaster http://www.opencart.it

Location - Italy

Post by Daniel » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:59 pm

I did it already!

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Leon » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:19 pm

Daniel wrote:I did it already!
:D With the Paypal bug hopefully fixed, can we expect v1.3.1 soon?

Post by ocsinet » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:05 pm

There are still regions like Tuscany, Sardinia, Sicily etc...check the sql file in the italian translation, they have to be changed.
Thank you.

Location - Italy

Post by Daniel » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:18 pm

ocsinet wrote:
There are still regions like Tuscany, Sardinia, Sicily etc...check the sql file in the italian translation, they have to be changed.
Thank you.
if i give you admin access to my dev site can you alter them your self?

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by ocsinet » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:27 am

Daniel wrote:
ocsinet wrote:
Thank you.
if i give you admin access to my dev site can you alter them your self?
The problem is that the new zones are about 100, doing it by hand is very long...I attach here the sql file with the query for deleting the old ones and inserting the new ones...is it ok?

Location - Italy