Post by Adzzzz » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:59 am

opencartrules wrote:
order edit is nearly done.
What does it mean Daniel? Are you intending to release v.1.5.2 soon? We are just about to upgrade to 1.5.1.3.1, hard decision to make. :)
im in the same position if i have to wait another week or somthing then no problem :)

also i would like to know if the order editor will have the ability to create a new order?? coz thats reali want i need.

Post by Daniel » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:17 pm

it will be on the svn and not released until i have added some more features. i need to get peoples feed back and bug reports first.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:02 pm

opencartrules wrote:
order edit is nearly done.
What does it mean Daniel? Are you intending to release v.1.5.2 soon? We are just about to upgrade to 1.5.1.3.1, hard decision to make. :)
How is it hard? All the changes from 1.5.1.3 will still be in 1.5.2 so you are still better off upgrading to 1.5.1.3 while you wait

Administrator

Post by opencartrules » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:38 pm

How is it hard? All the changes from 1.5.1.3 will still be in 1.5.2 so you are still better off upgrading to 1.5.1.3 while you wait
I asked the question because we have some special solutions in our cart. We would like to upgrade to a stable version, configure our additional modules and go LIVE with the cart. My main concern is that if a new version arrive, it could brake the functionality of the cart ( like extensions, Payment )

Post by i2Paq » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:15 am

Daniel wrote:it will be on the svn and not released until i have added some more features. i need to get peoples feed back and bug reports first.
I just download the latest SVN and I see that the Order Edit is back!
Works like a charm for what I can see :D

Except when saving a changed order ::)

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by annhui » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:26 pm

Izit able to edit customer order in admin site? at this latest released?

Post by markman-b » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:36 pm

No. You will have to wait for the next version.

(edit: this has been mentioned before, please use the FREE search function :choke: )

OC version 1.5.4.1

Post by Adzzzz » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:46 am

whats the best way to download the svn files so i dont have to download each file seperatly?? and also will the order editor have the option to create new orders? any help would be much appriciated.

Post by OSWorX » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:36 pm

Adzzzz wrote:whats the best way to download the svn files so i dont have to download each file seperatly??
For Windows: http://tortoisesvn.net/

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by Adzzzz » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:08 am

thanks.

Post by Daniel » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:26 pm

the order editor is doing my nut in.

does anyone think its acceptable to have new orders created by using the login function under the admin customer page and manually making the order that way?

and for editing orders you can only edit the products? the order totals will update with the products being added and removed.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by OSWorX » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:52 pm

Daniel wrote:the order editor is doing my nut in.

does anyone think its acceptable to have new orders created by using the login function under the admin customer page and manually making the order that way?
If not otherwise possible ...
Daniel wrote:and for editing orders you can only edit the products? the order totals will update with the products being added and removed.
Not really.
Editing should be also possible for the quantities (de-/increasing) - which could be achieved quite easely.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by Daniel » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:01 am

yes quanitites as well.

but not able to change shipping order adding a coupon.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by FFJim » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:32 am

and for editing orders you can only edit the products? the order totals will update with the products being added and removed.
First, on a clean install of 1.5.1.3, the login function does not work at all. I select default from the list but it doesn't do anything beyond that. Even so, I'm not adding orders for customers, so it wouldn't matter.

Things I have had to do with orders that would be nice to have in editing: (1) Remove an item (sold out); (2) Correct the discount amount (discounts don't round to 2 decimal places, so totals can get thrown off); change shipping to actual amount (sometimes I issue a partial refund on shipping due to actual charges being much less than charged at checkout; (3) change insurance charges (in cases where I forgot to add insurance when I shipped); (4) change handling charges; (5) changed credit amount; (6) changed product prices due to discounts. I'm not adding order for customers; I'm usually fixing values due to bugs, quirks, kindness, etc.

As I tell my programmers, the easier it is for the user, the hard it will be for the programmer.

Post by marvmen21 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:18 am

on a clean install of 1.5.1.3, the login function does not work at all. I select default from the list but it doesn't do anything beyond that
Not sure why it's not working for you, it's working perfectly for me. Sometimes we get custs who are not very skillful using computers and they call asking how to place their order. So I usually log myself into their accounts to help them out.

You want to thank me for my time! :) Click here to donate

Post by i2Paq » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:04 am

No problems with that, works now so why not?
1. Adding or removing Products or changing quantity's.
2. Adding a discount to the order total, percentage or amount.
3. Change the shipping cost would be enough.

This is the most used functions I guess.

All other requests mentioned here can be solved in other ways then via the Order Edit. I personally think we should keep it simple and basic.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by opencartrules » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:33 pm

It should work like a charm. I think the possibility to be able to add order for customers is a useful and appreciated tool!
If one may wish for some useful features regarding the Order Editor:

* Remove Products ( sold out or long delivery time and customer can not wait )
* Adding Products
* Adding/Removing options that are linked to a Product and affects the order totals.
* Change the shipping cost

Post by opencartisalright » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:15 pm

Daniel wrote:does anyone think its acceptable to have new orders created by using the login function under the admin customer page and manually making the order that way?
So basically the same way it works now?

The only thing I don't like about this method is that it doesn't capture certain details that could help us in the event the transaction was fraudulent, such as the IP address of the customer and the exact time and date the order was placed. With this info, if the transaction was fraudulent, at least we would have an IP address of the customer and the exact date and time they placed the order. This info could be turned over to ISPs or law enforcement should the transaction turn out to be a fraudulent one.

I actually don't like to manually make orders this way, and would prefer to walk my customer through the steps on how to order for themselves vs. doing it for them. Therefore I would prefer a robust order editor system.
Daniel wrote:and for editing orders you can only edit the products? the order totals will update with the products being added and removed.
I'd like the following in an order editor:

1. Add/remove products, with it updating the order total AND the stock quantity.
2. Add/remove product options, with it again updating the order total AND the stock quantity.
3. Ability to add coupons/reward points/gift vouchers to an order and have the totals updated accordingly. Also it would add that info to the database so the customer couldn't reuse the same coupon/rewards points/gift voucher again.
4. Edit the shipping options and cost, handling fees, taxes, etc. if needed.
5. Finally, when editing order totals, it should be reflected in your shops overall sales figures, so that the weekly, monthly, yearly sales or whatever are updated to be accurate.

I'm sure the above is what's doing your nut in...perhaps you could stop tying to do it all yourself and request some help from the skilled developers from the rather large OpenCart community to assist you.

Post by pal7088 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:06 am

I was trying to read and find out exactly what tax changes have been applied to the most recent update.

"Taxes can also be assigned to different customer groups"
Does this mean I can create a tax exempt group? I looked at the current demo to see if it had this option and didn't see it. What version is the current demo? I just didn't want to have to create an install to take a look at the new feature. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Post by Daniel » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:08 pm

the demo is not the latest version. i will updater later.

OpenCart®

Administrator