Post by Daniel » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:21 am

what!

mailchimp will lose some money over this. people will use be using the built in system rather than buying the mailchimp extension.

its there own fault. i have emailed then many times now.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by marcelwoo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:38 pm

i2Paq wrote:
Daniel wrote:mailchimp did not approve my account for sending out 34,000 emails so now i have written a mass mail system my self. I will include it in the next oc release though.
Showoff! ;D
:clown:

"We help each other to grow". That's the opencart community!

All free mods
Home Based Ebay business Opportunity(not ads)

Post by Eveline » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:54 am

Daniel wrote:sorry its late guys.

mailchimp did not approve my account for sending out 34,000 emails so now i have written a mass mail system my self. I will include it in the next oc release though.
Nice to know you're enjoying yourself. It's great customers are waiting for over 1,5 years for order edit. They can wait till after the holliday season for a feature I know my provider won't even allow me!

You said you would have it finished weeks ago. Even posted you could 'finish it in a day or so' weeks ago. You really should live up to your promises or at least update your scedule.

You really should

Post by Daniel » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:32 pm

it still can be finished in a day. you only need to see the progress on the svn. i just need to make sure i'm doing things the right way.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:33 pm

Daniel wrote:it still can be finished in a day. you only need to see the progress on the svn. i just need to make sure i'm doing things the right way.
It would be great if it could be finished before the end of this week.

Then before the New Year starts you and Qphoria could have set up the new way of how the SVN is going to be used and meanwhile we could troubleshoot the 1.5.2 release.
Bug-fixes for 1.5.2 could be distributed through the new SVN and in the first month of 1012 the 1.5.2.1 could be a GREAT start of that year!

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Johnathan » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:39 pm

We can also bugfix 1.5.2 before it is officially released, and hopefully get all the big ones before the general public has access to it.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by opencartisalright » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:00 am

If OC 1.5.2 isn't going to be released before the New Year, can we at least get a 1.5.1.4 version with all the latest bug fixes? I've been slacking off and haven't been updating the bug fixes as they've come out, and now I can't remember where I left off. :-\

Post by Daniel » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:31 am

don;t worry its coming, i just need to make sure 1.5.2 is going to be full proof.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Alexisander » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:06 pm

First of all GRATS Daniel, for your OC, i am also a programmer and i really appreciate your work, if you ever have any questions you can pm me. For the moment i personally work at a filter/layered navigation system, not only for OC but for every website that needs it. I promisse that when it will be finised i will put it on website for free download.

Can you please tell me when 1.5.2 will be released? before x-mass or new year... thank you!
BTW, its is really a must, the order edit... and an advice, at the checkout...:

- there are 3 types of costumers: persons (natural person), self employed, companys (legal entity, business entity, juridic person)
- costumers persons: should insert their ID number (personal ID number) for the invoice, it is a must in the official invoices.
- costumers companys: should insert the company data, company ID, bank name, back account...

etc. you understand me i guess,

So you should do a radio selection in PAYMENT with: this types so the costumer can select his invoice type of payment.

Post by ikhlief » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:38 pm

Happy New Year all.
When the new version of OpenCart will come out? ??? ???

Post by wakabayashi » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:42 am

Probably this year :laugh:

Post by justinv » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:27 pm

New version? I'm only just catching up with the current version :)

Documentation: OpenCart User Guide
Mods: Total Import PRO | CSV Import PRO | Ecom Tracking | Any Feed | Autosuggest | OpenCart CDN

Post by Alexisander » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:44 pm

Daniel! Hello...

Can you give us some new infos about the new version of OC?

Thanks!

PS: have you tought about my ideas in my previous post?

Post by Brook » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:38 am

Daniel,

Thank you for OpenCart. A wonderful product. I currently have OpenCart 1.5.1.3 installed. Any idea when the next version will be released, been patiently waiting for 4 months.

I know that I could go to the Google SVN and download the latest version, but from what I can read about the Google SVN, the Google SVN Code is Developer Code (work in progress code). I really need a Production Ready version of the code?

I have no idea what you are planning to include in the next Release of OpenCart. Can you please post a Release Date and a list of New Features for your next Release?

Thank you for your help. Keep up the good work.

Post by i2Paq » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:20 am

We all are patiently waiting for 1.5.2 but the fact is that it is still under construction.

From what I see it will take at least 2 to 4 weeks and then the bugs finding starts.

They are also planning to change the SVN setup to as "stable" trunk setup.

So stick with what you have now, before you can upgrade to 1.5.2 it will taken another 2 months.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by Eveline » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:38 am

Unbelievable!

I wanted to get my new store online in november (after waiting nearly a year for a decent template system). But no, the feature i waited for over a year was taken out again with no notice! We were told 23 november it was like a day work. December gone. Hollidays gone. No again it would like 'a days' work

I am here sitting hitting the F5 because i am waiting for it to come any minute. Why weren't we told earlier?

If you would have just told me in november it would take till freaking march i would have hired a professional to do the admin edit and earned that money back by now to!

THIS is why you lost the Crunchies. It was not mailchimps fault, it is because you don't get votes because you are unprofessional and treat your customers like crap. How hard it is to give a delivery date? Or at least be honest and say you don't have a clue and it may be months.

My shop would have been live by now! But you kept me hanging with 'nearly done', 'nearly done', 'nearly done' always making me postpone just that 1 more week!

Go on on this path and OpenCart will die a slow death soon. And you should realise that if noone is going to download the free OpenCart anymore, the developers with their addons and templates will not earn money and you will not get your share.

Post by i2Paq » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:18 am

Eveline wrote:Unbelievable!

I wanted to get my new store online in november (after waiting nearly a year for a decent template system). But no, the feature i waited for over a year was taken out again with no notice! We were told 23 november it was like a day work. December gone. Hollidays gone. No again it would like 'a days' work

I am here sitting hitting the F5 because i am waiting for it to come any minute. Why weren't we told earlier?

If you would have just told me in november it would take till freaking march i would have hired a professional to do the admin edit and earned that money back by now to!

THIS is why you lost the Crunchies. It was not mailchimps fault, it is because you don't get votes because you are unprofessional and treat your customers like crap. How hard it is to give a delivery date? Or at least be honest and say you don't have a clue and it may be months.

My shop would have been live by now! But you kept me hanging with 'nearly done', 'nearly done', 'nearly done' always making me postpone just that 1 more week!

Go on on this path and OpenCart will die a slow death soon. And you should realise that if noone is going to download the free OpenCart anymore, the developers with their addons and templates will not earn money and you will not get your share.

OpenCart is FREE, like you are FREE to use any other FREE program that suits your needs.
Hell, why not pay for a program that does what you want!

On a personal note: I'm always pissed of by replies like the one you just give.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by Eveline » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:56 am

You can be pissed of, or you can learn from it.

If we all respond they way you seem to prefer this forum would be empty and noone would be making a penny

Post by i2Paq » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:07 am

Eveline wrote:You can be pissed of, or you can learn from it.

If we all respond they way you seem to prefer this forum would be empty and noone would be making a penny
The only thing that I have learned from people like you is that whatever "we" do to keep "you" happy it will never be enough.
"you" will always nag and complain and tell us that "you" will leave and that we will make no more money.

You might have not noticed but OpenCart is free (as in: you have to pay nothing to get and use it).
So if you leave......; bye!

Others appreciate OpenCart and the fact that it is FREE.
They accept that the release cycle is not optimal.
Maybe you can learn from them.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by jty » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:07 am

noone would be making a penny
I'm not making any pennies anyway. I'm sitting in this forum waiting for the "one day"
Eveline wrote:or you can learn from it.
yer, I learnt. I thought 1 day = 1 month but it's looking like 1 day = some unknown number of months

jty