Post by zooto68 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:13 am

I prefer Daddy Cool's logo.

Post by NewUser » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:32 pm

i know is too late but i had free time so i made up one too :)
opencart.png

opencart.png (16.02 KiB) Viewed 9549 times

O0

Post by Jan R » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:43 am

Jan Here...

I like the Old logo myself it is nice and clean.
Perhaps you could add a little glass like look to the "circle" around the little cart to make it more web 2.0 like if you want to give it a "modern" look. Other than that, it is just fine.
-=:@:=-

»-(¯`·.·´¯)->"The most wasted day in that in which we have not laughed."<-(¯`·.·´¯)-«

Post by itdude » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:16 am

... O0 Hello everyone! I'm so glad I now found this thread... because I was on the wrong place before(this is the right place I should have been posting my previous posts... didnt know this one exists lol) my bad....

Anyway, I think this web 2 version will look good... what do you think guys?

- i love the outer shape as it somehow resembles the letters O, P, e, n, c, a, even r...
- i made the cart simple, so it is more unique and would look nice even on a very small version of the logo
- letters are overlapping and close to each other to signify community togetherness

Have a great day!

Web Design & Programming?
IT-Dude.com ...LOW COST but SUPERB outcome!

... ... loving OpenCart more everyday =]

Location - Philippines

Post by Qphoria » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:21 am

I like the glassy look from IT-DUDE.. but still like the text part from the current logo

Administrator

Post by mab » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:51 pm

My two-pennerth FWIW.

1) I don't think there is much desperately wrong with the existing design, but I understand that sometimes things just feel ready for a change.
2) I like the dark blue-light blue text colouration in hiipo's proposal, and I think the capitals look fine, but they do somewhat overwhelm the picture logo.
3) I read the ones where the logo replaced the first "O" as "PENCART" I'm afraid.
4) I'm not keen on the shadows or the SF typeface in Daniel's proposal. I think reflections are more in vogue than shadows, but both are getting a bit wearing.
5) Most of the focus seems to have been on the text. These days I think it's more important to get the font and look/feel right, and accept that the colour may change with context, mood and background.
6) Given that Daniel wants a change I suggest that the cart logo itself should be the focus of attention. The supermarket trolley silhouette itself feels a bit old-tech and house-wifey, and is that a tear it's suspended in?

I hope this helps, I'm no expert and am currently engaged in trying to redesign some of my own logos, none of which are as good as Opencart's at present!

Regards
MAB

mab

Post by mab » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:18 pm

So I decided to have a go.
oc-logo-2009-11-10-001.jpg

oc-logo-2009-11-10-001.jpg (21.41 KiB) Viewed 9345 times

The text is based on hiipo's proposal but I used Verdana as the closest approximation I could get to his Myriad font family, which Bill Gates omitted to provide me with. I selected the blues pretty hastily so my choices can no doubt be improved upon. The symbol is 0xB5 from the Symbol font. I don't know what it means or whether it's part of a real alphabet (it's not alpha), but it looks a bit like an open ended infinity and a bit like "OC", both of which seem relevant to the subject in hand. If you know what it means, please let me know as that could be relevant to its choice. I had a little trouble sizing and aligning the text in relation to the symbol, but that could be fixed with a bit of effort.

Kind regards
MAB

mab

Post by mab » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:07 am

Seems it means "proporptional to" in maths (I should have remembered that), and is called propto or varpropto.

This:
http://www.w3.org/Math/characters/html/symbol.html
was pretty helpful.

Regards
MAB

mab

Post by itdude » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:51 pm

Ok here is a set of new ideas O0
option#1:
I used basic shapes to convey a "cart". Yes it might not look like a shopping at first sight but a good logo for me stimulates imagination of the viewer... we want them to think a bit :) ...that way there'll be more recall if you know what I mean... and If we stick with the standard look of a shopping cart we will end up having a logo similar to what everybody have.

option#2:
added a twist in here by just rendering the two circles(wheels) as 3D. Yes the upper part might be have a resemblance with the Nike logo hehehe but it is definitely a different version of a CHECK. A "check" symbolizes "good", "approved", "accepted" and many other good things.

option#3
i simply incorporated the "O" and "C" as the wheels ....simple shapes, strong recall, and will definitely look good even on a very small version. Actual logo applications will not be a problem.

option#4
now on this one, I made to look more like the EYES(wheels) ...it resembles an OWL actually. Stands for "WISE" ...because OpenCart is wisely coded! :D

* I know you would love to say something, and I would be waiting for your comments guys O0

Location - Philippines

Post by mab » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:05 pm

Nice designs. I like 3 best. I think the owl reference is going to elude most viewers, even subliminally. My one problem woith the concept is that the cart looks to me like a pushchair/pram ("stroller" in Amercican?).

Regards
MAB

mab

Post by MWYS » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:18 pm

IT-Dude, those designs look more like a Nike Pram / Buggy rather than a Shopping trolley lol. I actually much preferred the previous logo that was used with the overlapping text, but the used now is pretty cool too. I don't like the idea of going 'Web 2.0' with all the glossy effects, in my opinion its overused and looks tacky, the solid effect that is present now is clean, simple and effective.

Everything you need a logo to be.

Post by Qphoria » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:32 pm

the more logos I see lately, the more i like the original. This isn't a shoe store ... the logo is fine. The only thing it needs is IT-DUDE's glassy style cart that looks like the one from the original

Administrator

Post by itdude » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:51 pm

... O0 finally seeing some feedbacks, yeah! so nice to see that the community is awake lol. Thanks for those remarks!

And now here is another set of my crazy ideas to stir us up more...

*Ok, what do we have here? ...a stylized version of a shopping cart. Note how the cart was drawn in such a way to convey a globe subliminally(notice the grids ...come on, let those imagination run :D ). Since OpenCart as we all know is opensource therefore available for public collaboration(and anyone around the world benefits).

What do you think about the concept and design guys??? O0

Last edited by itdude on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Location - Philippines

Post by Qphoria » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:01 pm

Well that one is kinda cool.

Administrator

Post by NewUser » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:04 pm

itdude looks like i really got used to the overlap today :) it gets unique and unforgetful after time

well jan i am not really into glass looks and there are a lot of new good ones here so i better make a better one..
the main thing is the size , it should be readable, small and load quick... but i have no time right now like most folks around here :L)

Post by itdude » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:24 pm

... O0 some refinements and few more variations.

What do you think?

Location - Philippines

Post by mab » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:12 am

Hi IT-Dude

I'm impressed with your creativity and artistic flair. At the risk of sounding critical again (you did ask for feedback):

- I think the cart looks great (for a cart);
- I get the globe reference; but
- the wheels look too small to me; and
- I do think it looks a bit like a big toothy smile - not necessarily a bad subliminal message.

My main issue is I don't like pictures of carts at all.

Regards
MAB

mab

Post by NewUser » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:03 pm

the second green one looks so fresh dude I would change the whole site color to green just to use it :)
but that is just me i guess :) if i need new logo i`ll know who to call now O0

Post by Qphoria » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:12 pm

NewUser wrote:but that is just me i guess :)
Ya.. i think that is the worst one :D 8)
The first, the orange, and the multicolor one are my fave

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:59 pm

Qphoria wrote:
NewUser wrote:but that is just me i guess :)
Ya.. i think that is the worst one :D 8)
The first, the orange, and the multicolor one are my fave
The multi-color makes met think of Joomla! ;)
It like it but the first one looks more professional.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands