WITH PRODUCT OPTION SUPPORT
About this script
This script is a collection of all the patches and versions of opencart from version 1.4.0 to version 184.108.40.206.
That means you run this script to bring your store's database to 220.127.116.11
If you want to install a version later than 18.104.22.168, that is fine. Just be sure that after you run this script, you run the installer that comes with the latest version of OpenCart. More info on that below...
This script does NOT convert product options. Things like color, size, etc are not ported over because of a design change for options that was made as of 1.5.0.The option design is so different now that there is currently no way to convert them. If you have products with options, then your products will be converted fine, but your product options will just be removed and you will have to add them manually again after upgrade. If your store has no product options, then you have nothing to worry about and the script should work fine for you.
- Only use this script if your store is running OpenCart v1.4.x
- DO NOT USE THIS SCRIPT TO UPGRADE EXISTING 1.5.x STORES
- This script does NOT support product option conversion.
- If you have product options, they will have to be added back manually!
- This script includes a STEP-BY-STEP readme file. Follow it exactly!
- This script will work as far back as OpenCart v1.4.0
- This script works! There has never been a confirmed error.
- If you see warnings or errors, they are false positives. Just ignore them. This script has been run enough times to know that it has no real errors.
- Once you are upgraded, post any functionality bugs in the appropriate thread for your version, not here.
As I said above, this script will bring your database to version 22.214.171.124
If you are installing straight to a later version, like 126.96.36.199, then you simply need to first follow the upgrade step by step guide from this Beta2, installing the latest version of opencart. Then after you complete this script, you can run the installer that comes with 188.8.131.52 or later.
1. Run this Beta2 Script first by following the step-by-step guide that comes with it
2. After following this Beta2 script, follow the upgrade.txt file that comes with the latest version of OpenCart.
What to Expect after upgrading from 1.4.x to 1.5.x
- Your theme will be set to the default opencart 1.5.x theme
- You will not see any modules or products on the homepage yet, only the header and footer.
You need to go into the Admin->Extensions->Modules page and add your modules to see products on the front.
- Your products, categories, customers, orders will all be safe and viewable in the admin area
- If you had any 3rd party modules from 1.4.x installed, you may see errors like "Document::setTitle". That means the module was not updated yet. You should uninstall it from the modules area and get the latest update from the author of the mod
- There are new menus in the admin, so be sure to go through them.