Post by myitgadget » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:07 am

anyone have tips on how to transfer database from 1.5.0.5 to 1.5.1.1?
I tried several times but failed.
thank god for backups

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:05 pm

Post by i2Paq » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:32 am

myitgadget wrote:anyone have tips on how to transfer database from 1.5.0.5 to 1.5.1.1?
I tried several times but failed.
thank god for backups
What have you tried and what failed?

I rather have that you open up a topic in our Upgrade forum.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:00 pm
Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by imadam » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:56 am

hope this is the correct place. so i've got 1.5.0.5 which i've modified not too heavily but i've changed the theme a fair amount and a few language and controller files, no database changes though.

is it now worth brining this site from my local machine to online as 1.5.0.5 or would be better to upgrade to the latest version and then try to copy the changes i've made across to that?

if so are we expecting any other updates in the next week or so? i've noticed the last 2 updates was about 13 days between and it's been way over that now since the last one so wondered if something was on its way?

my opencart carpet cleaning woking guildford and Office Cleaning Services in Guildford


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:47 pm
Location - Surrey

Post by csilvad » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:38 am

Is there anyway i can export my 1.4.x products and clients to 1.5.1?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed May 11, 2011 9:36 am

Post by Xsecrets » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:40 am

csilvad wrote:Is there anyway i can export my 1.4.x products and clients to 1.5.1?
there is an upgrade script it will convert the stuff over, but it does not support product options, so if you have product options you will need to manually enter those again.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter


Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:51 am
Location - FL US

Post by marvmen21 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:40 am

Just a quick question, does the last oc version available from the dowload area contain all the bugs fixes from the oc 1.5.1.1 bugs thread?

You want to thank me for my time! :) Click here to donate


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:54 am

Post by eka7a » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:15 am

latest version now -> jQuery 1.6.2


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:59 am
Location - Türkiye

Post by Daniel » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:00 pm

marvmen21 wrote:Just a quick question, does the last oc version available from the dowload area contain all the bugs fixes from the oc 1.5.1.1 bugs thread?

no that would be the svn version.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by i2Paq » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:26 am

Daniel wrote:
marvmen21 wrote:Just a quick question, does the last oc version available from the dowload area contain all the bugs fixes from the oc 1.5.1.1 bugs thread?

no that would be the svn version.

True, but you cannot use the SVN for live stores.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:00 pm
Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by marvmen21 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:27 am

i2Paq wrote:
Daniel wrote:
marvmen21 wrote:Just a quick question, does the last oc version available from the dowload area contain all the bugs fixes from the oc 1.5.1.1 bugs thread?

no that would be the svn version.

True, but you cannot use the SVN for live stores.

+1

Thanks Daniel and i2Paq for the info. I think I'll wait a little more ..

You want to thank me for my time! :) Click here to donate


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:54 am

Post by lokust » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:56 pm

Afternoon all,
So in the end did an upgrade script get written to take users from Version 1.5.0 to the latest version?
I've developed a large site on 1.5.0 and would like to bring it up to date though to manually re-configure & re-enter product options etc would just be a nightmare.
From what I read there are also template changes?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:26 pm

Post by ehandelsfabriken » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:46 am

Qphoria wrote:I don't know.. but someone said they used windiff to compare 1.5.1 to 1.5.1.1 and only one file was diff
IIRC catalog/view/theme/default/checkout/checkout.tpl
I have now replaced this file, but it still says 1.5.1 in the admin footer. Is there any point to update from 1.5.1 to 1.5.1.1?

I'm using OpenCart 1.5.1.3


New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by i2Paq » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:11 pm

ehandelsfabriken wrote:
Qphoria wrote:I don't know.. but someone said they used windiff to compare 1.5.1 to 1.5.1.1 and only one file was diff
IIRC catalog/view/theme/default/checkout/checkout.tpl
I have now replaced this file, but it still says 1.5.1 in the admin footer. Is there any point to update from 1.5.1 to 1.5.1.1?
This you can change in the \admin\index.php

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:00 pm
Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by i2Paq » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:13 pm

lokust wrote:Afternoon all,
So in the end did an upgrade script get written to take users from Version 1.5.0 to the latest version?
I've developed a large site on 1.5.0 and would like to bring it up to date though to manually re-configure & re-enter product options etc would just be a nightmare.
From what I read there are also template changes?
So did you actually looked around our forums, used the search or just posted this question?

[BETA2] Upgrade Script - 1.4.x to 1.5.x - NO PRODUCT OPTIONS.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:00 pm
Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:51 pm

i2Paq wrote:
Daniel wrote:
marvmen21 wrote:Just a quick question, does the last oc version available from the dowload area contain all the bugs fixes from the oc 1.5.1.1 bugs thread?

no that would be the svn version.

True, but you cannot use the SVN for live stores.
That's why I put my own bugfixes into VQmod XML files and wait till 1.5.1.2. I am not sure whether the SVN only contains a bugfixed version of 1.5.1.1, or whether Daniel has also included new and possibly yet untested features in there, too.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by imadam » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:56 am

any updates on an idea of when the latest version will be available to download? e.g. 1.5.2? possibly weeks? days? no plans?

my opencart carpet cleaning woking guildford and Office Cleaning Services in Guildford


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:47 pm
Location - Surrey

Post by marvmen21 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:53 am

imadam wrote:any updates on an idea of when the latest version will be available to download? e.g. 1.5.2? possibly weeks? days? no plans?
+1 ...or should I go ahead and start setting up a new site based on 1.5.1.1? I'd really appreciate any recommendation.
I haven't done so since I am a little afraid that later it'll be difficult to upgrade to the latest version.

You want to thank me for my time! :) Click here to donate


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:54 am

Post by imadam » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:21 pm

given the time between releases i'm expecting there to be a new one just around the corner so am holding off. obviously if you keep holding for the latest you'll always be waiting but if we're talking just a few days it's worth it, but if it's months then at least we know and can plan around the expected release dates

my opencart carpet cleaning woking guildford and Office Cleaning Services in Guildford


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:47 pm
Location - Surrey

Post by Daniel » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:44 am

the next version is nearly done. the order editor is pain.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by marvmen21 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:34 am

Daniel wrote:the next version is nearly done. the order editor is pain.
I appreciate the update Daniel, thanks for the hard work.

Marvin

You want to thank me for my time! :) Click here to donate


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:54 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests