Post by i2Paq » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:07 pm

JNeuhoff wrote: That's why I put my own bugfixes into VQmod XML files and wait till 1.5.1.2. I am not sure whether the SVN only contains a bugfixed version of 1.5.1.1, or whether Daniel has also included new and possibly yet untested features in there, too.
Yes! That would be something to do.

Not having to filer the SVN for bug-fixes but a VQmod that is updated every-time a bug/issue is found and fixt.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Beni » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:32 pm

Daniel wrote:the next version is nearly done. the order editor is pain.
It would be nice if customers don't immediately get the order right after ordering. I prefer to send them them the order manualy after I have edited the invoice number in the order.

I have to change the invoice because i also have an offline business and the numbers need to be inorder.

Appreciate your hard work a lot! Thanks.

Post by buckmajor » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:33 am

Excellent work Dan and the boyz! I've been waiting for this. I'm downloading it now to try it out.

Sweet

http://www.dmaireroa.com

Location - Brisbane

Post by crusin » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:51 pm

Hello,

Is there an option where as an admin of any ecommerce website in OC can restrict customers to limited addition of products.

Post by Xsecrets » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:17 pm

crusin wrote:Hello,

Is there an option where as an admin of any ecommerce website in OC can restrict customers to limited addition of products.
not in the core. There are a few third part mods. I believe most of them are only for 1.4.x though.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Daniel » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:48 pm

I'm going to start tiding everything up to get another release out with all the bug fixes since the last release. i think the order editing system is nearly finished but i don't want to spend another week or 2 finishing it when their have been some important bugs reported.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:18 am

Daniel wrote:I'm going to start tiding everything up to get another release out with all the bug fixes since the last release. i think the order editing system is nearly finished but i don't want to spend another week or 2 finishing it when their have been some important bugs reported.
Why not?

Yet again we get a version not finished and when using it you know you need to upgrade when the finished version comes out, if ever?

So to sound unfriendly but this kind of release cycles is ridiculous :'(

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by imadam » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:27 am

that was my first thought but thinking about it it makes sense. for people with modified carts there is currently no latest version and when this update comes out that isn't the most finished product so there still wont be a latest version as we'll be waiting for something that'll last longer, however for peopel with the standard carts there will be a more secure version out if they wish, and then also the more finished version will be out soon after with more improvements.

as long as the release of the "full" latest version isn't pushed back much because of this addtional half way release then i see no problem.

my opencart carpet cleaning woking guildford and Office Cleaning Services in Guildford

Location - Surrey

Post by i2Paq » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:50 am

I'm holding back with 2 stores to start because I hoped that the 1.5.1.2 (now 1.5.1.3) would be a finished product.
yes, it would have had bugs but that would be just a matter of another 2 weeks and then it would be almost stable.

Now I need to decide what to do as promises made are broken and 1.5.1.4 will be maybe months away while 1.5.1.3 could be ready in 2 weeks as Daniel says.

Why rush out a 1.5.1.3 "to fix serious bugs" if in another two weeks 1.5.1.3 would still fix bugs, introducing others + the long awaited Order Edit.
Two weeks!, we have been waiting longer and we can hold out for another 2.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:10 am

i2Paq wrote:I'm holding back with 2 stores to start because I hoped that the 1.5.1.2 (now 1.5.1.3) would be a finished product.
yes, it would have had bugs but that would be just a matter of another 2 weeks and then it would be almost stable.

Now I need to decide what to do as promises made are broken and 1.5.1.4 will be maybe months away while 1.5.1.3 could be ready in 2 weeks as Daniel says.

Why rush out a 1.5.1.3 "to fix serious bugs" if in another two weeks 1.5.1.3 would still fix bugs, introducing others + the long awaited Order Edit.
Two weeks!, we have been waiting longer and we can hold out for another 2.
I don't really see the issue here. As far as I knew the one with order edit and a couple of other things was going to be 1.5.2, but if that is still several weeks out then I can completely agree with pushing out a bug fix release right now as 1.5.3, particularly since I'm sure it will include a more complete fix to the security issue that 1.5.2 patched. I don't really see this taking that much time away from development of 1.5.2, and we would have a released version that is free of all known bugs.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:45 pm

I agree a bugfix release based on the 1.5.1.1 is overdue. Only after that should new features be added.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by i2Paq » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:56 pm

The upcoming release will not be a bug fix release as it also has new feature where some are unfinished.

Finish the Order Edit (and what else need finishing), release it as 1.5.1.3 and start bug-fixen this version until it is "bug free" and release that as 1.5.1.4.

Then start adding new features to get to the next 1.5.1.5 release.

How difficult can this way of working be?

Lets get back to the way QPhoria handled his releases.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:03 pm

i2Paq wrote:The upcoming release will not be a bug fix release as it also has new feature where some are unfinished.

Finish the Order Edit (and what else need finishing), release it as 1.5.1.3 and start bug-fixen this version until it is "bug free" and release that as 1.5.1.4.

Then start adding new features to get to the next 1.5.1.5 release.

How difficult can this way of working be?

Lets get back to the way QPhoria handled his releases.
no the last thing Daniel said was he was going to release a bug fix release for 1.5.1.x without the new features, because the version with the new features was still at least two weeks out.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by jomeza001 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:16 pm

Xsecrets wrote:no the last thing Daniel said was he was going to release a bug fix release for 1.5.1.x without the new features, because the version with the new features was still at least two weeks out.
I'm getting lost here.

I have the very first version of 1.5.1.1 before the bug fixes. Yesterday i downloaded the 1.5.1.2 and supposedly upgraded my old version with this one that was released on September 6 at the Download section.

Now you guys are talking about a coming soon bug fix release for 1.5.1.1?? Isn't it supposed 1.5.1.2 fixes the bugs for the version 1.5.1.1 ?

Post by i2Paq » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:19 pm

jomeza001 wrote:
Xsecrets wrote:no the last thing Daniel said was he was going to release a bug fix release for 1.5.1.x without the new features, because the version with the new features was still at least two weeks out.
I'm getting lost here.

I have the very first version of 1.5.1.1 before the bug fixes. Yesterday i downloaded the 1.5.1.2 and supposedly upgraded my old version with this one that was released on September 6 at the Download section.

Now you guys are talking about a coming soon bug fix release for 1.5.1.1?? Isn't it supposed 1.5.1.2 fixes the bugs for the version 1.5.1.1 ?

1.5.1.2 is a security fix only I believe.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by celestial » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:57 am

jomeza001 wrote:
I'm getting lost here.

You download only 1 file CHACHE.PHP congrat.

Celestial - Martín Abel Rosales
WhatsApp: 50671482211
Email: martinrosales2012@hotmail.com
San José , Costa Rica

Expert Member

Location - Costa Rica

Post by Xsecrets » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:50 am

1.5.1.2 fixed only one bug it was a security bug, so Daniel pushed it out real quick.
He's now saying he'll push out a bug fix only release which should be 1.5.1.3 to patch up the bugs in the released version.

Then before too long there should be a new version coming out that actually has new features.
That one should be called 1.5.2, but who knows what it will end up being called.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by linkfm » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:19 pm

Xsecrets wrote:1.5.1.2 fixed only one bug it was a security bug, so Daniel pushed it out real quick.
He's now saying he'll push out a bug fix only release which should be 1.5.1.3 to patch up the bugs in the released version.

Then before too long there should be a new version coming out that actually has new features.
That one should be called 1.5.2, but who knows what it will end up being called.
this fix was just one file replacement (cache.php) and strongly recommended fix. Hopefully we'll have 1.5.3 with all major fixes.

Developing OpenCart Sites ........

Post by Wussie » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:14 am

Hi everyone! I've been working on a "personalized" version of Opencart for a few months now, but I'm new on this forum.
I started out with v1.4.9.6, did some extensive links rewriting modifications and then had to do it all again for every subsequent version that came up. I don't complain about it, since I knew what I was getting into when I started fiddling with a complex, still developing script. But it would be nice for me to see a new version release for download being offered both as a full version and as a "patch only" version, like you guyz used to do some time ago.
If we take v1.5.1.2 for example, as I understand it has only one file that is different from v1.5.1.1, it would have been nice to have it packed as a much smaller archive, containing just the (only) modified files (file) and be called a 1.5.1.1-1.5.1.2 patch. This way, knowing which the updated files are, I would not have to replace all the files from my older version and then do all my personal modifications again.
This approach would greatly facilitate the updating process for those of us using modified versions of Opencart, while reducing the traffic on this site, since we would prefer to download the smaller "patch only" versions instead of the much bigger full versions every time one is released. Full versions should offcourse coexist with the patches on the download page.
Just my humble opinion. Keep up the good work!

Post by Daniel » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:48 pm

i2Paq wrote:I'm holding back with 2 stores to start because I hoped that the 1.5.1.2 (now 1.5.1.3) would be a finished product.
it is a finished producted!

Do u want me to do say its finished and never add another new feature?

its an on going process of adding new new features and fixing bugs when they come up.

your holding back setting up your store because you sound like you don;t have enough experience setting them up in the first place.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator