Page 4 of 15

Re: OpenCart 1.5.0 Released!

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:17 am
by opencartisalright
Xellz wrote:Question about affiliate system.

Is it possible to make a link that points to main page using affiliate tracking code? I.e. affiliate will receive commission for everything in cart on successful checkout.
I'm not 100% sure, but isn't it based off of a cookie? So if they are referred to your site through a product link, commission would be generated for every product that they buy within that session?

Again, not 100% on that.

Re: OpenCart 1.5.0 Released!

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:02 am
by audiomarket
This current version 1.5.0. OpenCart is complicated!!
There are some things are not very clear.

Layout system, module manager, slideshow end banner show are not easy to administer!!

and must practice a lot

The version 1.4.... much more intuitive!
Many of my customers prefer 1.4 ....! They say it's even easier to use for the first time.

Good work and regards.

Re: OpenCart 1.5.0 Released!

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:07 am
by i2Paq
audiomarket wrote:Many of my customers prefer 1.4 ....! They say it's even easier to use for the first time.
So all your customers are on 1.5?

Re: OpenCart 1.5.0 Released!

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:18 am
by audiomarket
i2Paq wrote:
audiomarket wrote:Many of my customers prefer 1.4 ....! They say it's even easier to use for the first time.
So all your customers are on 1.5?
I sent them an email to see the demo of the new version!
I have proposed updating and I asked to assess the new version with all the advantages that there are! But they made ​​me see only disadvantages because of the complexity

... hey i2Pak, your irony is worth 4 cents

Re: OpenCart 1.5.0 Released!

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:35 am
by Xsecrets
Honestly how often do the customers actually do anything with modules and layout? That is done once when you first setup the store and then doesn't need to be touched again, and pretty much everything else to do with categories/products/orders/customers is all the same. I think the addition of complexity is well worth it for the flexibility it adds particularly since the complexity was pretty much only added to one time initial setup items, and you can stick to the defaults at that if you don't want to mess with it.

Re: OpenCart 1.5.0 Released!

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:46 am
by audiomarket
Xsecrets wrote:Honestly how often do the customers actually do anything with modules and layout? That is done once when you first setup the store and then doesn't need to be touched again, and pretty much everything else to do with categories/products/orders/customers is all the same. I think the addition of complexity is well worth it for the flexibility it adds particularly since the complexity was pretty much only added to one time initial setup items, and you can stick to the defaults at that if you don't want to mess with it.
I agree with you but with 1.5.0 no longer enough 2 hours to install and configure and test everything: it takes 5 hours, 6 hours.

Customers are concerned that much assistance is needed in the future!

Re: OpenCart 1.5.0 Released!

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:59 am
by peecha85
what the heck is with this whining? are you forced to move to 1.5.? if not- stick to 1.4. and nobody will have to cry.

good work, Daniel!

Re: OpenCart 1.5.0 Released!

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:59 am
by Xsecrets
audiomarket wrote: I agree with you but with 1.5.0 no longer enough 2 hours to install and configure and test everything: it takes 5 hours, 6 hours.

Customers are concerned that much assistance is needed in the future!
now you're just being dramatic. Sure the layout stuff is a bit complicated the first time you look at it, but once you do it one or two times it won't add more than maybe 10-15 min to the setup, and it'll actually be much faster if the customers was wanting different looks on different pages where you would have had to hack the code to death in earlier versions.

Banner bug...

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:33 am
by santolla
Just wanted to note a bug in the top banner.

If you add more than one, all appears fine. Then if you click through to the next one, it goes funny. See here:

http://www.templatesbyeshopalot.com/ope ... ommon/home

Click the next button or the circles to see the error.

Cheers,
Jennifer

Re: OpenCart 1.5.0 Released!

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:04 am
by Top
I don't suppose it's possible to use the old Default Theme? The new one is too stylish and "clean" for my product line - is there an easy way to get the old theme which was bit more cartoonish?

Great job by the way, much appreciated.

Re: Banner bug...

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:01 am
by fiddlefaddle
santolla wrote:Just wanted to note a bug in the top banner.

If you add more than one, all appears fine. Then if you click through to the next one, it goes funny. See here:

http://www.templatesbyeshopalot.com/ope ... ommon/home

Click the next button or the circles to see the error.

Cheers,
Jennifer
Getting linked to your installer.

Re: OpenCart 1.5.0 Released!

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:03 pm
by Daniel
opencartisalright wrote:
Xellz wrote:Question about affiliate system.

Is it possible to make a link that points to main page using affiliate tracking code? I.e. affiliate will receive commission for everything in cart on successful checkout.
I'm not 100% sure, but isn't it based off of a cookie? So if they are referred to your site through a product link, commission would be generated for every product that they buy within that session?

Again, not 100% on that.

it uses a cookie that last 30 days.

Re: OpenCart 1.5.0 Released!

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:06 pm
by Xellz
opencartisalright wrote:
Xellz wrote:Question about affiliate system.

Is it possible to make a link that points to main page using affiliate tracking code? I.e. affiliate will receive commission for everything in cart on successful checkout.
I'm not 100% sure, but isn't it based off of a cookie? So if they are referred to your site through a product link, commission would be generated for every product that they buy within that session?

Again, not 100% on that.
I've tried it, everything in cart get the commission, but still can't find a way to point to shop, rather than exact product.


Also found small issue, not sure what causing it, i'm using wamp server and mozilla 4.0.1. To add commission from order i have to press ' + ' icon, icon doesn't change to ' - ' and no message appears. When i refresh page it shows correctly. When removing commission with ' - ' icon everything works, i.e. icon changes to ' + ' and message "Commission removed" appears. Same with reward points btw.

Re: OpenCart 1.5.0 Released!

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:38 pm
by audiomarket
Xsecrets wrote:
audiomarket wrote: I agree with you but with 1.5.0 no longer enough 2 hours to install and configure and test everything: it takes 5 hours, 6 hours.

Customers are concerned that much assistance is needed in the future!
now you're just being dramatic. Sure the layout stuff is a bit complicated the first time you look at it, but once you do it one or two times it won't add more than maybe 10-15 min to the setup, and it'll actually be much faster if the customers was wanting different looks on different pages where you would have had to hack the code to death in earlier versions.

Ok, I hope to be wrong!

Re: OpenCart 1.5.0 Released!

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:44 pm
by QNAP
Just wanted to note a bug in the top banner.

If you add more than one, all appears fine. Then if you click through to the next one, it goes funny. See here:

http://www.templatesbyeshopalot.com/ope ... ommon/home

Click the next button or the circles to see the error.

Cheers, Jennifer
Seems to work well. It is possible to set the time for the slideshow feature? I mean the time when the slideshow will be activated, in Jennifers example way to fast IMO.

Re: OpenCart 1.5.0 Released!

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:04 pm
by snappyfish
1.5.0.1 out to download? What's new in latest version?

Re: OpenCart 1.5.0 Released!

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:40 pm
by i2Paq
snappyfish wrote:1.5.0.1 out to download? What's new in latest version?
It is 1.5.0.1but if you use the SVN you will have the latest one with bug-fixes.

Re: OpenCart 1.5.0 Released!

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:02 pm
by PalMultimedia
Thanks Dani, Q and all team. Great job.

Just to know if anything will be available to post my all selected products form product list to Facebook and twitter. same like bigcommerse and shop tab extension uses (like a social network shop)

thanks again....

Re: OpenCart 1.5.0 Released!

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:59 pm
by Top
Just wondering... Is it on purpose that everything is clickable under the option "Upload File" ? The button doesn't work as a button, even the text makes the upload-form pop up.

Re: OpenCart 1.5.0 Released!

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:05 pm
by Jin
audiomarket wrote:This current version 1.5.0. OpenCart is complicated!!
There are some things are not very clear.

Layout system, module manager, slideshow end banner show are not easy to administer!!

and must practice a lot

The version 1.4.... much more intuitive!
Many of my customers prefer 1.4 ....! They say it's even easier to use for the first time.

Good work and regards.
I understand your concern since I also have the same problem. This is normal if you understand your customer compared to some people here who only know how to develop program and period. They will only praise Daniel all the time. I do not understand how the OpenCart team set their development road map or I guess there is no road map.