Post by Xsecrets » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:05 am

CypherUK wrote:As the templating system has changed some what from 1.4x - is there going to be a tutorial to show us how to develop our own templates without it all being reset with updates?

Or is it just as simple as copying the default folder and renaming it?

Cheers
Mark
I really don't think templating has changed that much. You still should only copy over the files you absolutely need to in order to complete your template, and now that the inline styles have been removed you should be able to do the vast majority of templating with only the header and stylesheet files. The more files you copy over the more files you have to worry about on upgrade.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by buckmajor » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:55 pm

Cool! Does this mean can go live with this release? I get mixed up between a 'RC, RC1, etc'.

P.S I'm going to test this out NOW!!

Thanks

http://www.dmaireroa.com

Location - Brisbane

Post by QNAP » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:37 pm

Daniel
Have discovered another bug or oversight, depends on how you define it.
If you use Options in addition with Products, pricing associated with these options do not show up as separate line on the invoice or the order-confirmation. Thus, the costumer has no idea what each thing costs him because its not specified. What you see is a total amount. This solution is not recommended, from accounting standpoint and invoice practice. Keep in mind that many cart owners equate order confirmation with a receipt/warranty
Regarding the issue above, I am well aware that you have a lot to do right now!
I have to ask though, can you please consider on improving the order-confirmation? It would be awsome!!

Suppose a customer wants to return a product or claim a warranty after a year or two, given how the slip looks like today, you have no way to figure out what the customer paid for each product which is very inconvenient and creates confusion. Thank you! You are doing a great job!!

Post by evertonlm » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Daniel,
it is not an issue report but an petition to integrate in the brand new 1.5.0 release. I was wondering that you could build in the administration area, exactly in the Order list an possibility to see the orders by PRODUCT. Each product could be saw individually and could be changed its own status. I would like to use this system not only as a manufactured product on line shop but also as a handicraft order on line store, so it would be nice if I could manage the production status of each product in the order. Thank you for this incredible system.

Post by eline » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:12 pm

@evertonlm

I think you can use any shopping cart system to handle this situation. Ive create similar shop for handcraft (hand made ceramics) and we just set correct delays in warehouse so all went quite easy. You can add reminders about low stock straight to artist so he can manage his job in next days.

This is IMHO more about project/product management than shopping software. BTW look in addons for this type of report - it was existing for 1.4, so sure in few days/weeks will by available for 1.5.

regards

Polskie forum OpenCart: http://forum.opencart.com/viewforum.php?f=164

Post by CypherUK » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:08 am

Xsecrets wrote:
CypherUK wrote:As the templating system has changed some what from 1.4x - is there going to be a tutorial to show us how to develop our own templates without it all being reset with updates?

Or is it just as simple as copying the default folder and renaming it?

Cheers
Mark
I really don't think templating has changed that much. You still should only copy over the files you absolutely need to in order to complete your template, and now that the inline styles have been removed you should be able to do the vast majority of templating with only the header and stylesheet files. The more files you copy over the more files you have to worry about on upgrade.
Cheers for the heads up. :)

Location - Essex, United Kingdom

Post by QNAP » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:20 am

Daniel

It would be great if you could implement the same level of dimming with Fancybox that you had before default with Thickbox. The sensitivity is currently too high, IMHO. Thank you!!

Post by QNAP » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:25 am

Is there something fishy in the top banner ? If you add more than one, they end up under each other ??
what am I doing wrong?? The Slideshow is working ok, but if I click the next button or the circles nothing happens.

Sort Order seems to have no function here, have tested it. :(

How do you get several top-banners to interact with each other, so that they appear one by one as it should be?

Post by fealldagal » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:36 am

You have to go to the admin panel

system->design->banner->edit and add your banner 980x280 and it will show up in the slides

It will be nice if there is a import/export excel to edit your items.
any once that can help?

Post by QNAP » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:55 am

system->design->banner->edit and add your banner 980x280 and it will show up in the slides
Under system->design->banner->edit you add only the name and the image itself, I have done it.

Under Modules->Extensions->Slideshow sets the size of the banner, layout, position and status.
Last edited by QNAP on Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by fealldagal » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:07 am

You cannot add a module, when you add a module it will add 2 module. Remove one Module and it should work fine.
Make sure you are adding the the banner to appropriate banner layout.

Attachments

snapshot.jpg

snapshot.jpg (241.81 KiB) Viewed 4737 times

Post by asphole » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:20 am

QNAP wrote:

Under system->design->banner->edit you add only the name and the image itself, I have done it.

Under Modules->Extensions->Slideshow sets the size of the banner, layout, position and status.
I have done it as well. Anyhow, I have add 2 banners and they end up under each other ?!

How do you get several top-banners to interact with each other??
Under system->design->banner->edit, make sure you add multiple images/banners. For example, go to the samsung banner and edit it, there you will see the option to 'add banner' Add another banner and you should see it working correctly on the homepage.

Post by QNAP » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:23 am

You cannot add a module, when you add a module it will add 2 module. Remove one Module and it should work fine.
Ok, thank you.
Last edited by QNAP on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by QNAP » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:32 am

asphole

Thanks! Now I get it! :) Works fine.
Does anyone know how to set the time on the Slideshow feature? The default value is 2 sec, way to fast.
5 sec should be more normal.

Post by asphole » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:08 am

No probs mate, glad to help. I and a few others have also asked for the speed to be an editable value in the admin panel!

Hopefully Daniel will add this feature into a later version.

Post by screenager8 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:03 am

QNAP wrote:asphole

Does anyone know how to set the time on the Slideshow feature? The default value is 2 sec, way to fast.
I think it's in the file template/module/slideshow.tpl

Bukatoko.com | Cara mudah & cepat punya toko online!

Location - Jakarta, Indonesia

Post by dbhawkins » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:36 am

QNAP wrote:asphole

catalog>view>javascript>jquery>nevo-slider>jquery.nivo.slider.pack

Change the default speed from 3000 to 6000 to do that.

"pauseTime:3000" to "pausetime 6000"

Post by dony_b » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:01 am

I changed the Product List Size and Category List Size to 150px but now the products are overlapping.

Is there a way to show only 4 products under the category instead of 5 ?

Location - Boston, MA

Post by SVN » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:55 am

Hi there,

any idea when the upgrade script is ready ?
I really curious about it !!!

Thx !

SVN

Post by eline » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:03 am

1.5.0.3 is ready for download ;)

Polskie forum OpenCart: http://forum.opencart.com/viewforum.php?f=164