Post by harryo40 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:08 am

@ Daniel
Just an idea with the add to cart success / warning / attention.
I notice you have added a little extra so that if a customer is scrolled down a page full of products & adds one to the cart, the page then automatically scrolls back to the top to show the 'Success You have added . . . .' box, but if you have several products on a page, the customer then has to scroll back down to carry on were they left off from. What about adding it so that the 'Success . . . .' fades in to show in the centre of the screen then fades back out meaning the cutomer does not have to click on the x to close it or scroll back down to carry on shopping
I have managed to do this which you can see here: testsvn.next2nowt.com & it works in the latest FF & IE but I have not tested it in other browsers. Just an idea that I think works very well & looks good + makes it better & easier for the cutomer to continue shopping instead of trying to scroll down & find were they was at ;)
Last edited by harryo40 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Add To Cart Confirm Ajax Popup for OC 1.5.1.3 --> 1.5.5.1 - Add to Cart Confirmation Popup
Image Map Banner Module - Image Map Banner Module
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Womens Famous Name Fashion Clothing at bargain prices - Next2nowt.com

Location - Blackburn, Lancashire

Post by maffe » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:55 am

Mostly i never read forums, so i downloaded the 1.5.0 release.
In that package is a upgrade.txt and that one i read carefully !
So i went upgrading from my 1.4.9.5 shop and then crashed my shop :(

Please write a line in the upgrade.txt file with: Do not upgrade running existing shops.

Location - Lelystad

Post by Xsecrets » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:59 am

maffe wrote:Mostly i never read forums, so i downloaded the 1.5.0 release.
In that package is a upgrade.txt and that one i read carefully !
So i went upgrading from my 1.4.9.5 shop and then crashed my shop :(

Please write a line in the upgrade.txt file with: Do not upgrade running existing shops.
the upgrade.txt has been removed from current versions since there is no upgrade script yet.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by kolczu » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:23 pm

hello, the version 1.5.0.3 OpenCart final version is already working and you can store on it?

Post by eline » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:40 pm

@kolczu
New 1.5.0.4 release fix some bugs in 1.5.0.3. Version 1.5.0.X is ready to use on live shops, for setting a shop from zero.
So If you want to set up a shop - you can use it as well.

DO NOT USE 1.5.X TO UPGRADE existing shops from 1.4.X. UPGRADE SCRIPT DONT EXISTS!

This version is for NEW SHOP ONLY!

Polskie forum OpenCart: http://forum.opencart.com/viewforum.php?f=164

Post by peecha85 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:48 pm

So what if I want to upgrade my 1.4.7. shop to 1.5.x?

Is there any possibility to import all my products when the 1.5.x shop is set up?

Post by Xsecrets » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:18 am

peecha85 wrote:So what if I want to upgrade my 1.4.7. shop to 1.5.x?

Is there any possibility to import all my products when the 1.5.x shop is set up?
no not yet. An upgrade script is being worked on, but it is not completed yet.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by eline » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:50 pm

BETA UPGRADE SCRIPT FROM 1.4.x to 1.5.x for stores with NO OPTION (OPTIONS ARE GONE)
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 15#p164215

I do not recommend use this option on live shop, until several beta testers reports bugs.
SO THIS IS FOR TESTS, do not use this on working shop. Copy shop and database and then try to upgrade.

Polskie forum OpenCart: http://forum.opencart.com/viewforum.php?f=164

Post by rlec » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:56 pm

harryo40 wrote:@ Daniel
Just an idea with the add to cart success / warning / attention.
I notice you have added a little extra so that if a customer is scrolled down a page full of products & adds one to the cart, the page then automatically scrolls back to the top to show the 'Success You have added . . . .' box, but if you have several products on a page, the customer then has to scroll back down to carry on were they left off from. What about adding it so that the 'Success . . . .' fades in to show in the centre of the screen then fades back out meaning the cutomer does not have to click on the x to close it or scroll back down to carry on shopping
I have managed to do this which you can see here: testsvn.next2nowt.com & it works in the latest FF & IE but I have not tested it in other browsers. Just an idea that I think works very well & looks good + makes it better & easier for the cutomer to continue shopping instead of trying to scroll down & find were they was at ;)
This is a great idea/change. It applies to products that have a large number of options as well - I'd like to see it more like the announcement box that Qphoria has on his site: http://theqdomain.com/ocstore/

Post by QNAP » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:52 am

Is the new OC 1.5.0.4 release to be regarded as stable version for LIVE Shop setup ?

I would like to start with installation and configuration, add products.

Daniel, when can we expect next OC 1.5.0.5 release ?

Post by i2Paq » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:54 am

QNAP wrote:Is the new OC 1.5.0.4 release to be regarded as stable version for LIVE Shop setup ?

I would like to start with installation and configuration, add products.

Daniel, when can we expect next OC 1.5.0.5 release ?
I suggest you check the 1.5.0.4 BUG topic ;)

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by niffirg » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:59 am

I'm really enjoying 1.5, and have decided to wait and deploy my site as 1.5, not 1.4.

I have a bit of problem with the new way of inputting options. One of the reasons I chose OpenCart because of the ability to input options at the time of adding new products. I have quite a few options which are all unique to each product, so to add one product takes a long time because of the need to go to a seperate page to input them first. Also, because these are unique I have added the complete sku to the end of the description. If I don't do it this way, I am unable to track by a product code, I must track by description, which makes things extremely confusing.

Does anyone have a suggestion about this? The older way was great (for me). I'd really like to cut down the amount of time it will take to add new products (i'm looking at a large database).

For example:

Product: Smiley Face Sticker
option 1: 1" Red - #SF1-RED
option 2: 2" Red - #SF2-RED
option 3: 1" Blue - #SF1-BLU
option 4: 2" Blue - #SF2-BLU

Post by QNAP » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:58 am

I suggest you check the 1.5.0.4 BUG topic ;)
I do follow the BUG topics continuous, however, I mean if its ok to start with configuration, adding products, design and so on. Not going LIVE with the store! I am aware that there will be new updates, BUT hopefully they will not affect the settings and product database or?

Post by harryo40 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:10 am

rlec wrote:This is a great idea/change. It applies to products that have a large number of options as well - I'd like to see it more like the announcement box that Qphoria has on his site: http://theqdomain.com/ocstore/
I have been trying to get it so the it works with fancybox, so that the page dims while the box pops up & then fades away but this is proving to much for me :bang: so Im gonna leave it as it is for now because it looks ok & it does the job I need it to do for now :crazy:

Add To Cart Confirm Ajax Popup for OC 1.5.1.3 --> 1.5.5.1 - Add to Cart Confirmation Popup

Post by tankueray » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:44 am

Daniel/QPhoria (mainly, but everyone else as well. Readyman?)

I still haven't made my store live yet, but I've damn near duplicated everything in it from my UberCart store. I started with 1.4.9.4 with Global Mega Options, and when 1.4.9.5 was released I painstakingly updated all my GMO files and themes by hand. (But screwed a few up, hence the "still not live" part - a great way to learn, though.)
I started to finish it all up last week and saw that 1.5 had been released... (I realize that 1.5 includes the functions of GMO, so I know that I will not be adding it to a 1.5 version.)

What I really want to know is:
Will the upgrade script import my GMO options as well? (Knowing what little I do about databases, I'm assuming the answer is no unless you're specifically working on this for the upgrade script.)
-OR-
Should I just suck it up and go with 1.5 from scratch?

If the 1.5 upgrade won't carry over the GMO options, I might as well get started with a fresh install, right?

Post by Xsecrets » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:54 am

tankueray wrote:Daniel/QPhoria (mainly, but everyone else as well. Readyman?)

I still haven't made my store live yet, but I've damn near duplicated everything in it from my UberCart store. I started with 1.4.9.4 with Global Mega Options, and when 1.4.9.5 was released I painstakingly updated all my GMO files and themes by hand. (But screwed a few up, hence the "still not live" part - a great way to learn, though.)
I started to finish it all up last week and saw that 1.5 had been released... (I realize that 1.5 includes the functions of GMO, so I know that I will not be adding it to a 1.5 version.)

What I really want to know is:
Will the upgrade script import my GMO options as well? (Knowing what little I do about databases, I'm assuming the answer is no unless you're specifically working on this for the upgrade script.)
-OR-
Should I just suck it up and go with 1.5 from scratch?

If the 1.5 upgrade won't carry over the GMO options, I might as well get started with a fresh install, right?
currently the upgrade script doesn't convert any options at all, but no even when complete it won't convert gmo options. It would be impossible to include every mod in the upgrade script. Though you may check with readyman he might make a script for you to upgrade gmo options. I haven't looked at the gmo db structure, but I imagine it should be fairly similar to 1.5

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by QNAP » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:24 pm

Daniel, could you please fine-tune the Fancybox dim settings ( so the background dims down with the same intensity as it was the case before with Thickbox. Thank you! ;)

Post by harryo40 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:35 am

QNAP wrote:Daniel, could you please fine-tune the Fancybox dim settings ( so the background dims down with the same intensity as it was the case before with Thickbox. Thank you! ;)
You need to change the overlay color in the catalog>>view>>javascript>>jquery>>fancybox>>jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.pack.js file on lne 45 ;) it is set at #777 so just change it to #000 :)

Post by Daniel » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:42 am

QNAP wrote:Daniel, could you please fine-tune the Fancybox dim settings ( so the background dims down with the same intensity as it was the case before with Thickbox. Thank you! ;)

post it in the issue tracker then. I will sort it later.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by extigo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:35 pm

Just a quick question.

I see a new version of the 1.5.0 version every few days (mainly 3 or 4). But when do we get a stable one to use on a live shop? I ask this because I am creating a new webshop and would like to use 1.5.0 as a base.

I like what you have done with 1.5.0. It is the best open source webshop script there is! Thnx Daniel.

Op al uw computervragen een antwoord -- Extigo Computers
http://www.extigo.nl

Using OC 1.4.9.4