Post by Top » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:46 am

How do I make grid view the default view for customers under categories?

Post by emberscollide » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:39 am

Top wrote:How do I make grid view the default view for customers under categories?
I found the answer in another topic, but I don't have the link off hand, so I'll just relay what I did.

edit category.tpl and find
if (view) {
display(view);
} else {
display('list');
Change list to grid.

You can find category.tpl under catalog/view/theme/whatever theme you are using/template/product

Post by Jacob » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:21 am

Wow this cart is brilliant :)

We will be donating - thanks!

Can we design our own Layouts so they appear in Admin/System/Design/Layouts?

;D

Post by Xsecrets » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:42 am

Jacob wrote:Wow this cart is brilliant :)

We will be donating - thanks!

Can we design our own Layouts so they appear in Admin/System/Design/Layouts?

;D
Yes you can, but my guess is you are confusing what a layout is. A layout is simply something to attach the various modules to. My guess is you are thinking of templates which you can add your own templates too so that they show up in the store template selection.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Jacob » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:13 am

Yes you can, but my guess is you are confusing what a layout is. A layout is simply something to attach the various modules to. My guess is you are thinking of templates which you can add your own templates too so that they show up in the store template selection.
Thanks for your reply.

No, I was not referring to templates. The System layouts just seem like a very neat way of creating your page layout. Obviously the work involved in creating one may be above my knowledge skill?

BTW
I created a custom template by copying the default folder, renaming it and putting it in the catalog/view/theme folder. It showed as a theme in admin but the cart still seems to run off the default directories, even when it has been selected? Not sure if this has been posted before?

Post by Xsecrets » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:24 am

Jacob wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

No, I was not referring to templates. The System layouts just seem like a very neat way of creating your page layout. Obviously the work involved in creating one may be above my knowledge skill?

BTW
I created a custom template by copying the default folder, renaming it and putting it in the catalog/view/theme folder. It showed as a theme in admin but the cart still seems to run off the default directories, even when it has been selected? Not sure if this has been posted before?
Creating a layout is as easy as clicking new layout giving it a name choosing which store and route it is for.

Just copying the theme is not enough because the common/header.tpl has many of the css calls and such hard coded to the default theme folder. You have to modify the calls to pull from your new folder.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Jacob » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:34 am

Just copying the theme is not enough because the common/header.tpl has many of the css calls and such hard coded to the default theme folder. You have to modify the calls to pull from your new folder.
Duh, sorry I must be tired, yes of course :drunk:
Creating a layout is as easy as clicking new layout giving it a name choosing which store and route it is for.
OK, but you have to code it first before it becomes available yeah?

Post by Xsecrets » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:52 am

Jacob wrote:
OK, but you have to code it first before it becomes available yeah?
no There is no coding involved with using layouts. You just add one in the admin then you can assign modules/products/categories/information pages to that layout.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by peecha85 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:39 am

Not sure if bug, but I noticed that for registered accounts checkout 2nd and 3rd step is the same. For guest checkout it simply skips 3rd step (if checked billing and delivery addresses are the same).
How to apply this to registered checkout?

Post by Daniel » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:19 pm

peecha85 wrote:Not sure if bug, but I noticed that for registered accounts checkout 2nd and 3rd step is the same. For guest checkout it simply skips 3rd step (if checked billing and delivery addresses are the same).

i don;t now what your asking here.

both registered and guest have tick boxes to skip steps if the information is the same.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by andris » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:29 pm

I can see there are google_checkout files, but currently hidden so it can't be added

Is Google Checkout coming to 1.5.x as part of payment bundles?

Post by peecha85 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:55 pm

Daniel wrote:
peecha85 wrote:Not sure if bug, but I noticed that for registered accounts checkout 2nd and 3rd step is the same. For guest checkout it simply skips 3rd step (if checked billing and delivery addresses are the same).

both registered and guest have tick boxes to skip steps if the information is the same.
yes, if you order product and choose to checkout with registration. but not if you are already logged in and then make the order. There is no tick box for step 2 so you still have to go to step 3.
step 2 is billing address and step 3 is delivery address, but most of the times addresses are the same.

can you at least add this tick box for logged in checkout?

Post by Daniel » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:01 pm

peecha85 wrote:
Daniel wrote:

yes, if you order product and choose to checkout with registration. but not if you are already logged in and then make the order. There is no tick box for step 2 so you still have to go to step 3.
step 2 is billing address and step 3 is delivery address, but most of the times addresses are the same.

can you at least add this tick box for logged in checkout?
because it doesn't need one. the address is already selected. all you do is click continue. exactly the same number of clicks if you if the you had a checkbox saying the addresses are the same.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by peecha85 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:35 pm

yeah but if you are ordering something for the first time, on step 2 you click 'continue' and go directly to step 4.
if you are logged in, you click 'continue' on step 2 and go to step 3 (and not step 4 as I would like).
you have to waste one click on step 3 :)

Post by Daniel » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:31 am

stop wasting my time!

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by grgr » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:05 am

peecha85 wrote:yeah but if you are ordering something for the first time, on step 2 you click 'continue' and go directly to step 4.
if you are logged in, you click 'continue' on step 2 and go to step 3 (and not step 4 as I would like).
you have to waste one click on step 3 :)
If the customer is already logged in there is a good chance that they have already bought from you so they really aren't going to mind one extra step. Added to the fact that quite a few customers do have a seperate delivery address and therefore is it probably a good idea to show this step for them so that they can decide rather than have customer service email or phone calls after they've realized their mistake.

You want to make the checkout as easy as possible for first time buyers, don't worry about repeat customers - they already have your trust.

If a customer (unusally) created an account first then you need to give them the oportunity to enter some other addresses, it makes perfect sense.

Last but not least, it is the same number of clicks if you added a tick box or not!!

-
Image Image Image Image
VIEW ALL EXTENSIONS * EXTENSION SUPPORT * WEBSITE * CUSTOM REQUESTS

Location - UK

Post by andris » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:16 am

Daniel wrote:stop wasting my time!

Daniel,

Can comment anything on my previous post?

Thanks

Post by Daniel » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:03 pm

andris wrote:

Daniel,

Can comment anything on my previous post?

Thanks

yes Google checkout will be coming. i'm working on 1.5.1 at the moment. that will have more reports and the order editor back. I'm also trying to hire 2 developers in Hong Kong to start working on extensions like Google checkout and many other things I think needs to be included in future releases.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by opencartisalright » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:57 pm

Daniel wrote:yes Google checkout will be coming. i'm working on 1.5.1 at the moment. that will have more reports and the order editor back. I'm also trying to hire 2 developers in Hong Kong to start working on extensions like Google checkout and many other things I think needs to be included in future releases.
Bring back drop down menus in admin for coupons, featured, and related items lists (like in 1.4) while your at it Daniel.

Everyone wants it back. All of your moderators agree AJAX auto complete sux for coupons, featured, and related items lists. Not to mention almost all of your forum members who've commented about it hate it or can't figure it out. We all want the drop down menus back because auto complete is a royal pain in the a$$ when you've got 2,000 products to add to a 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, and 25% coupon!

Seriously Daniel, think like a store owner. Do you want to type each product and click a little red plus sign 10,000 times to create 5 coupons? I seriously doubt it.

Post by peecha85 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:55 pm

Ok- sorry.
Maybe that extra click is not that bad for returning customers... Again- sorry