Post by celestial » Sat May 14, 2011 1:59 am

Britanyx, this field is new (Maximun) yo make all the changes in the DB??

Celestial - Martín Abel Rosales
WhatsApp: 50671482211
Email: martinrosales2012@hotmail.com
San José , Costa Rica

Expert Member

Location - Costa Rica

Post by beatdigger » Sat May 14, 2011 3:02 am

If i ONLY want to upgrade the usps module can i upload the updated files and thats it? or do i have to run any sql statements?

Post by Qphoria » Sat May 14, 2011 3:55 am

beatdigger wrote:If i ONLY want to upgrade the usps module can i upload the updated files and thats it? or do i have to run any sql statements?
No you dont need to run any upgrade. Just be sure to copy all 5 files

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Sat May 14, 2011 4:01 am

brytanix wrote:Re: A huge disastter after upgrade from 1.4.9.4 to 1.4.9.5 - partly sorted out

I have updated my OC shop last night using Softaculous.
Not recommended, especially when there is a "Patch Only version" that limits the number of files changed but only available through this site.
1. Soon after I finished the maintenance work and my shop was life again I got a notification from PayPal saying that new order was placed. I checked my shop but unfortunately, I didn't find any new order in my Sales->Orders. There was only one new client registered but no sign of a new order! I checked PayPal account and the payment for the ordered product was there as usual.
Is it in the missing orders area? Paypal wasn't changed from 1.4.9.5 except to add an additional supported currency.
2. The default currency of my shop is EUR, however the customers can switch between three currencies and convert the prices accordingly. Before the upgrade, I was receiving order confirmations always in the default currency despite the currency the customer choose at Checkout. This time I got an invoice in GBP! It is not very convenient to me as the products are being shipped from Holland and the wholesaler operates in EUR, that is why my default currency is EUR.
This was also not changed in this version.

Your big issue appears to be what celestial said. You do not seem to have run the upgrade script. Scriptaculous only pushes new files. You still need to read the upgrade documents. Scriptaculous should only be used for New installs.. not upgrades

Administrator

Post by MattW » Tue May 17, 2011 2:53 am

ash_in99 wrote:update goes fluently but after the update, update disabled the Paypal payment mod and change the Latest Products number from changed number to 8.

Is this anything else also get's disabled or changed, which need to enable or adjust?
I've only just realised that since the upgrade to 1.4.9.5 that is had disabled PayPal Standard. I did wonder why I'd only had card payments and nothing via PayPal.

Location - Sheffield

Post by pbenfield » Tue May 17, 2011 4:21 am

I have just uploaded a copy of 1.4.5 to find when I go to backup I get the reply... do not have permission, refer to administrator...

This is new unuseed version with no changes so why is this hapenning?? All the users and passwords are OK

Any ideas

Paul

Post by jty » Thu May 19, 2011 9:03 pm

pbenfield wrote:I have just uploaded a copy of 1.4.5 to find when I go to backup I get the reply... do not have permission, refer to administrator...

This is new unuseed version with no changes so why is this hapenning?? All the users and passwords are OK
Start by going to Admin > System > Users > User Groups and give yourself permission
See if that fixes your problem

jty

Post by ruslyrossi » Fri May 20, 2011 7:30 pm

Hi, i have 2 stores here : oc v1.4.9.5

1) tsubamecorp.com/singapore/
2) tsubamecorp.com/malaysia/

The problem is when you login to tsubamecorp.com/singapore/admin everything is work fine...the url after login look something like this ---> tsubamecorp.com/singapore/admin/index.php?route=common/home&token=827bcf36d9c167581620f377417e8774 but when you change the folder from singapore to malaysia in url -->
tsubamecorp.com/malaysia/admin/index.php?route=common/home&token=827bcf36d9c167581620f377417e8774
you can login without put username or pass in login page for malaysia store!!!

This only happen when you try in same browser.

Any solutions??

Post by Qphoria » Fri May 20, 2011 8:35 pm

ruslyrossi wrote:Hi, i have 2 stores here : oc v1.4.9.5

1) tsubamecorp.com/singapore/
2) tsubamecorp.com/malaysia/

The problem is when you login to tsubamecorp.com/singapore/admin everything is work fine...the url after login look something like this ---> tsubamecorp.com/singapore/admin/index.php?route=common/home&token=827bcf36d9c167581620f377417e8774 but when you change the folder from singapore to malaysia in url -->
tsubamecorp.com/malaysia/admin/index.php?route=common/home&token=827bcf36d9c167581620f377417e8774
you can login without put username or pass in login page for malaysia store!!!

This only happen when you try in same browser.

Any solutions??
yea this is an issue I thought we fixed a while back but I think we backed it out because of other issues. Try this on your stores and see if it fixes it for you.
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?t=14233#p69831

Administrator

Post by ruslyrossi » Fri May 20, 2011 9:48 pm

Thank for the reply...i try to following replace the code for session but not work for me...i cant login to admin...

Post by msmith » Sat May 21, 2011 5:57 pm

Bug / Strange:

I am using only Spanish in the front end, but have still got English files. If I register a new user through the front end the e-mail gets sent and I the customer receives in Spanish (as per language file), BUT it goes directly to Google SPAM.

If I register the user manually through the admin, e-mail gets sent in a mix of Spanish and English and it does NOT go to spam.

I am using the same domain for the clients e-mail.

This reminds me... Some e-mails go to spam (like order details, etc) and others don't. I'm sending through the same shop domain... and this happens for one same customer....

Post by msmith » Sat May 21, 2011 6:01 pm

msmith wrote:Bug / Strange:

I am using only Spanish in the front end, but have still got English files. If I register a new user through the front end the e-mail gets sent and I the customer receives in Spanish (as per language file), BUT it goes directly to Google SPAM.

If I register the user manually through the admin, e-mail gets sent in a mix of Spanish and English and it does NOT go to spam.

I am using the same domain for the clients e-mail.

This reminds me... Some e-mails go to spam (like order details, etc) and others don't. I'm sending through the same shop domain... and this happens for one same customer....
Update, this is no bug, I haven't modified the admin Spanish Mail customer.php file. I thought it used the same file as sending through the front end...

But what I don't understand is why some e-mails go into spam and some don't...

Post by msmith » Sat May 21, 2011 6:06 pm

What other language files in Admin are seen by the end customer?

I don't care if the backend is in a mix of Spanish and English, but everything that's sent to the customer should be in Spanish. Thanks.

Post by yiyinlah » Tue May 24, 2011 2:13 am

Hi,

I would like to know what does

- Additional weight-based mail features
- Additional Flat Rate & Free Shipping features

means?

Where can I find it?

I'm using Opencart 1.5.4.1 & vQmod 2.3.2.

Location - Singapore

Post by Qphoria » Tue May 24, 2011 3:53 am

yiyinlah wrote: - Additional weight-based mail features

means?
When you install the weight-based shipping There is a new "All Zones" for a default base for all zones without having to set them individually

When you install flat rate and free shipping, you now have the option to choose which products are eligible or not eligible for free or flat.

Administrator

Post by Alistair » Tue May 24, 2011 1:56 pm

My sister wants to venture in ecommerce. I must recommend this new opencart solution to her. Thanks.

SEO Blog Philippines

Post by yiyinlah » Tue May 24, 2011 3:32 pm

Qphoria wrote:
yiyinlah wrote: - Additional weight-based mail features

means?
When you install the weight-based shipping There is a new "All Zones" for a default base for all zones without having to set them individually

When you install flat rate and free shipping, you now have the option to choose which products are eligible or not eligible for free or flat.
Thank you Q! :)

I've actually experience alot of problems with custom themes & 1.4.9.5.
Had contacted the web designer already, waiting for his reply.

& yes Q, you're so right, the header/home are the ones having conflicts with the custom theme.
My product pages too :(

I'm using Opencart 1.5.4.1 & vQmod 2.3.2.

Location - Singapore

Post by Sidecutter » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:13 am

Hey Q, quick check - with the 1.4.9.4 upgrade, I was able to keep my existing (from 1.4.9.3) header file with it's mods. Will that work here or am I in for a pain in the butt replicating it?

Post by 12oclocker » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:05 pm

I'm on version 1.4.8b, I'm assuming their is no direct upgrade script?
Has the database structure changed since 1.4.8b?

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:10 pm

12oclocker wrote:I'm on version 1.4.8b, I'm assuming their is no direct upgrade script?
Has the database structure changed since 1.4.8b?
Yes. Just follow the full upgrade process

Administrator