Post by 6ilverfox » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:16 pm

Looking forward to the release of v1.5.0

Great job guys, I will donate for sure once running on v1.5 ;D

Post by Julio Cesar C G » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:59 pm

The weight of the product in your shopping cart is multiplied by quantity. This is
right? The dimensions are not multiplied by quantity.

4x product (10kg), $product['weight'] in the cart = 40Kg

but

4x product (H=10cm), $product['height'] in the cart = 10cm

Location - Brazil

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:03 pm

Julio Cesar C G wrote:The weight of the product in your shopping cart is multiplied by quantity. This is
right? The dimensions are not multiplied by quantity.

4x product (10kg), $product['weight'] in the cart = 40Kg

but

4x product (H=10cm), $product['height'] in the cart = 10cm
it wouldn't make sense to multiply the dimensions by the qty.
take for instance you have a product with dimensions of 10x10x10 that is a volume of 1000 now if you multiplied h w l each by qty if you had 5 items in cart it would be 50x50x50 which would give you a volume of 125000 which is not correct it should be 5000.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Julio Cesar C G » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:14 pm

Sorry to have expressed badly. What I mean is that in OC 1.5 is the weight multiplied
the quantity and 1.4.9.x was not.

1.5.0: 4x product (10kg), $product['weight'] in the cart = 40Kg

1.4.9.x: 4x product (10kg), $product['weight'] in the cart = 10Kg

Location - Brazil

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:16 pm

Julio Cesar C G wrote:Sorry to have expressed badly. What I mean is that in OC 1.5 is the weight multiplied
the quantity and 1.4.9.x was not.

1.5.0: 4x product (10kg), $product['weight'] in the cart = 40Kg

1.4.9.x: 4x product (10kg), $product['weight'] in the cart = 10Kg
oh in that case you should post this over in the bugs forum as a correct weight by qty will affect the shipping so this is certainly a bug if that is the case.

Note: I haven't verified.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Qphoria » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:24 pm

You are saying 1.4.x if you add 3, 10lb products to the cart, it only shows as 10lbs instead of 30lbs? I can guarantee this is not the case

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by glenns » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:27 pm

Qphoria wrote: I dislike the breadcrumbs in the box personally but do like the refine search one. Also I think the bullets for refine search should be arrow images rather than the default dot

Yer , the breadcrumb box is subjective, its looks ok on some views but wrong on others, overall I like it , but think I would re-do it for my own templates with additional graphics.

I've added the arrows to the refine search bit , take a look , used the image from the categories box.

http://cart.ezpage.co.uk/index.php?rout ... ry&path=34

Post by Julio Cesar C G » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:42 pm

Qphoria wrote:You are saying 1.4.x if you add 3, 10lb products to the cart, it only shows as 10lbs instead of 30lbs? I can guarantee this is not the case
Example:

A cart with 4 quantities of a product 10kg (weight unit)

Code: Select all

$products = $this->cart->getProducts();

foreach ($products as $product) {
echo $product['weight']; // print 40kg in 1.5 and 10kg in 1.4.9.x
}

Location - Brazil

Post by BrandWeb » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:36 pm

Well done guys, I will report my findings soon.
Wish I knew of OpenCart sooner, anyway the future looks good for OpenCart and my clients.
Cheers

Post by opencartisalright » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:50 pm

jty wrote:So I'm continuing with 1.4.9.4 using vqmod to take me to 1.4.9.5 when it arrives and then 1.5 stable in however many months it'll take.
Oh good god I hope it doesn't take months to get it stable! Weeks would be better, and if it can be done sooner than that then more power to ya! ;D

Post by Qphoria » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:12 am

Julio Cesar C G wrote:
Qphoria wrote:You are saying 1.4.x if you add 3, 10lb products to the cart, it only shows as 10lbs instead of 30lbs? I can guarantee this is not the case
Example:

A cart with 4 quantities of a product 10kg (weight unit)

Code: Select all

$products = $this->cart->getProducts();

foreach ($products as $product) {
echo $product['weight']; // print 40kg in 1.5 and 10kg in 1.4.9.x
}
ohh you mean the weight is pre-calculated in a different step in 1.5.0.... ok

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:16 am

it will be a few days not months.

check the bug tracker and svn on google code.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:47 am

I know you guys are working through the bugs quickly and they are in SVN, but please do at least a forum only RC2 release before pushing it to the download area as stable, because I know something will slip through this first round.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Qphoria » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:13 am

Xsecrets wrote:I know you guys are working through the bugs quickly and they are in SVN, but please do at least a forum only RC2 release before pushing it to the download area as stable, because I know something will slip through this first round.
Agreed

Administrator

Post by QNAP » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:23 am

Daniel

One Page checkout looks great!! :)
Good that you let yourself be convinced.

I would like relate to the design though ( or new theme ), I thought that it would undergo a change for the better?

I thought that one of the innovations of the new OC 1..5.0 version will be MEGA MENU dropdown list that is gray in appearance, but turns black when it is activated with the mouse. It really looked great in Demo release! What happened to the dropdown list ? Unfortunately it's NOT present, it's a big disappointment.
IMO, as Categories are presented right now, it definitely not worthy the new OC 1.5

Another cool feature in the Demo release was the ADD TO CART buttons that turn pink when activated with the mouse. As it looks today, by changing the color scheme, you lose half the effect.
Graphic is in the details......details that are discovered and users will notice when visiting the shop.

Post by Daniel » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:44 am

QNAP wrote:Daniel

One Page checkout looks great!! :)
Good that you let yourself be convinced.
Yes I'm very sorry I jumped up and down shouting at people. coding wise it does actually make more sense.
QNAP wrote: I would like relate to the design though ( or new theme ), I thought that it would undergo a change for the better?

I thought that one of the innovations of the new OC 1..5.0 version will be MEGA MENU dropdown list that is gray in appearance, but turns black when it is activated with the mouse. It really looked great in Demo release! What happened to the dropdown list ? Unfortunately it's NOT present, it's a big disappointment.
IMO, as Categories are presented right now, it definitely not worthy the new OC 1.5

Another cool feature in the Demo release was the ADD TO CART buttons that turn pink when activated with the mouse. As it looks today, by changing the color scheme, you lose half the effect.
Graphic is in the details......details that are discovered and users will notice when visiting the shop.
[/quote]

the current design is not set in stone. if i can think of one better before all the bugs are complete I will change it. maybe i will start a thread with all the mockups i have done.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by opencartisalright » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:50 am

QNAP wrote:I would like relate to the design though ( or new theme ), I thought that it would undergo a change for the better?
Well art is subjective. Some people might like the new theme vs. the theme he released in the demo and vice versa.

I personally liked the demo theme more than I like this new theme. It cries out OC 1.4 with the tabs on the top. But i'm using a 3rd party theme anyway so it doesn't really matter that much to me. As soon as they update it to work with 1.5 I'll be using it. I think most people use their own custom or 3rd party theme anyway. I'd rather time be spent fixing bugs that affect functionality of the cart vs. worrying with the aesthetics of it. At this point getting it stable is more important than worrying with making it "pretty". :)

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:09 am

yeah I'll have to +1 on liking the alpha theme better than the RC theme, but like was mentioned before most serious shop owners are going to have a custom theme anyways, Though it would have been nice to leave the mega-menu in as an option, I know it's kind of becoming a big buzz word with shopping carts recently, but once again I suppose a custom theme can integrate it's own mega menu.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Daniel » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:28 am

you mean this file.

Attachments

Store Design 4.jpg

Store Design 4.jpg (728.25 KiB) Viewed 4983 times

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Chones » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:34 am

I've been away for a while. Just returned in time for the new release. Thought I was gonna miss out on a couple of months of bugs and development. Am I glad I got back in time!

I prefered the alpha theme with the mega drop down - I don't need it but lots of people will - Who are these people with a gazillion products in 20,000 categories? ;D

But great work Daniel, cheers. Don't worry if you can't be bothered reverting to alpha - I'll post a free theme that includes a mega drop down - I'll have loads of time tomorrow once I've popped down the road and thrown paint at Wills and Kate.

http://scarletandjones.com/
http://sharpdressedman.co.uk/
http://coffincompany.co.uk/
http://horsesculptures.co.uk/
If I've helped you out, why not buy me a beer? http://craigmurray.me.uk

Location - London