Post by zOrg » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:08 pm

8) Excellent.... Soon we will rule the world! Very, very well done, and thank you. Testing it out now.

Post by Nakano » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:20 pm

This is much anticipated! It's been 4 months since first announced, I can't wait to dip my hand in the changes.
Thank you for your all your efforts, I'll play as much as time allows, will check the bug thread as well.

Post by Killerj » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:26 pm

Looks Good. But I suggest changing the looks of the menu. Never really liked it much, And this is a new version of Opencart. Why should it even give us a feel of the old version.

2. Is it possible to have GREYED STARS rating on Non-Rated products ? It kind of looks bad in my opinion. Am talking of the featured tabs.

All in All, features look great. Just the above changes can make me feel good about Opencart, not that it wont if you don't. It will just make me feel better :)

Great Job !

Post by Acden » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:32 pm

2. Is it possible to have GREYED STARS rating on Non-Rated products ? It kind of looks bad in my opinion. Am talking of the featured tabs.
I don't like this thing to. They should be in straight line (price and stars).
At least they should be not visible, but on the same place should be other elements.

Post by Daniel » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:51 pm

who likes the new look and who doesn't?

please give me examples of what it should look like. this is only a RC version and the look can be changed very quickly.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by peecha85 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Can anyone post link to demo shop with this new version? I would like to see how it looks like (even if RC)

Post by robster » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:26 pm

** SITE NOW CLOSED **
Last edited by robster on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I know my place...!

Location - North Yorkshire, UK

Post by twiggy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:33 pm

I like it over the old one, but think the tabs should go just my 2 cents

Post by peecha85 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:00 pm

Thank you, robster!

The new version rocks!

Currently I have noticed one thing, that I would like to be changed- maybe the basket should appear in sidebar when product is added (like it is now). 99% of my customers buy only one product, and I am afraid some of them would not notice that the product is already added in basket (especially if you glimpse away from the screen when adding to basket).
Or maybe the basket with added items could stay in header, but then it should be more highlighted, and the page should scroll to header and blink for 3 seconds.

After my customer has added something to basket, I want him to go to checkout as soon as possible, and I don't want him to search where the checkout button is located.

Post by allenshea » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Can we have multi-selection for 'Download Order Status:' in this version?

This has been talked before, Q said it will be changed in 1.5.

So far we can not change the order status if client has downloadable item in order, or clients can not access download items.

Allen

I know nothing about PHP and SQL, but I still try my best to understand it.

Post by mystifier » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:50 pm

Just wrote a longish review but I got bumped when I clicked submit and lost it. >:D

I can't bring myself to write it again but great work Daniel, a good step forwards. I don't fully understand layouts yet but if it is what I think it is, it is a great addition.

I have 10s of extensions and (common core) stores have 100s products but I hope I can be a 1.5 guy not a 1.4.9.5 guy - I look forward to seeing the first successful migrations.

Free v1.4.9 Extensions: Default Specials | Improved Search | Customer Activity Report | Customer Groups | Royal Mail With Handling | Improved Product Page | Random Products | Stock Report | All Products

Post by sivvaa » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:56 pm

Hi

No Second thoughts. The New version rocks !

But the template part - i still prefer the old one. This new one lacks something....It lacks some x factor....

May be I still prefer 3 column layout...

But for that, the new features are terrific !

Siva

Location - India

Post by sjp1170 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:14 pm

Hi Guys

1.5 is looking gr8, some really nice new features. However i'm surprised that we are at 1.5 without a built in product import/export system.... I know theres a mod for this on the earlier versions but surely this is a key feature, especial for sites that have lots of products like mine with 3500 +

Are there any plans to add this?

Anyway thanks for all your hard work

Steve

Post by Moggin » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:24 pm

robster wrote:http://www.trueidentity.co.uk/oc150

Rob

PS: This site is just a demo install to show you what the new version looks like as requested by forum members and will only be active for a few days.
Robster, thanks! Brilliant idea. Not got time for a good look yet, but I did want to see a demo!

I love the look of it at first view. Very sleek. It might sound trivial, but I really like the footer..

Also really like checkout. It's smart, and totally enclosed: so no more SSL hiccups, it looks more professional, and follows all the 'checkout usability' guidelines. And only one page! That's never been a big deal for me, but there's no doubt it looks good and works superbly. Bravo Opencart team :D

Post by ikhlief » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:24 pm

Regarding the theme, it is more clear, but need a small touch, but I can't sepicfy where.

Post by Daniel » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:33 pm

ikhlief wrote:Regarding the theme, it is more clear, but need a small touch, but I can't sepicfy where.
i'll fix it.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by glenns » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:40 pm

I've been playing around with the layout last night and a little this morning , just seem to be a few CSS tweaks needed,

the feature box for example, the products aren't quite centred ( I think left overs from the old 3 column css) I decreased the width on the internal div's and put some left padding and it looks much better.

The same could be said for the footer but not sure if this is just my preference or if it should be in the standard template.

edit :

I like this look , line 602 in stylesheet

Code: Select all

.box-product > div {
    float: left;
    height: 190px;
    margin-bottom: 20px;
    margin-right: 20px;
    padding-left: 40px;
    width: 130px;
}

Attachments

featured.gif

featured.gif (36.1 KiB) Viewed 6661 times

Post by glenns » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:06 pm

footer border looks better when it's all the way around (not just top and bottom) and also with a radius on browsers that support it:

Code: Select all

#footer {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #F8F8F8;
    border: 1px solid #DBDEE1;
    border-radius: 7px 7px 7px 7px;
    clear: both;
    min-height: 100px;
    overflow: auto;
    padding: 20px;
}

Post by Regnareb » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:56 pm

About the new look, it's really great ! But it has some things I don't like :

Tabs should completely disappear (or replaced), some info are not useful and make a flaw look to the cart :
"Login" and "Account" are totally redundant
"Basket" and "Checkout" are not at a good place IMO. Also redundant with the "shopping cart".

Top bar is great but a little too messy, there is too many elements here, perhaps it's only a personal needs but I prefer to be minimalistic, it's generally better for usability and readability, I like the approach of tomatocart : http://demo.tomatocart.com/
Btw I don't care if you don't change it I'll do for my template but sharing my 2 cents is never bad.
- Home, redundant with the big logo
- I never liked bookmarks links, especially when the link don't work in all browsers (check the tomatocart Bookmark button for reference)
- Special Offers and Gift Voucher, well I don't see them here, more on an other menu
- Wishlist is important here
- Contact us is important to have in all the pages, but it has a better place only in the footer for me.
- Sitemap even more
- No need to precise "Your language", the flags talks by themselves.

So personally I'd go for :
Wishlist / Login / Create account / Flags Currencies

"Welcome visitor you can login or create an account"
Seems lost here, would be a better place in the top bar. But just behind search bar seems odd to me.

I don't really like the look of HP banner on the bottom left, but then... don't know why.

Well, probably a lot of what I said is personal but one thing I am sure looks bad : the tabs, either delete them, or make a better menu.

And sorry for my bad english, keep in mind that I didn't want to offend anyone, sometimes I use words that don't really reflect what I'm thinking as a non-native english speaker so sorry about it :)

Post by chuck5625 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:09 pm

i2Paq wrote:
chuck5625 wrote:I know we are not suppose to run a live store using the RC1. I wanted to start entering my products and just let people view them without them being able to purchase or ship. If I entered my products would this cause any issues during future updates? or cause any problems with my products?

I assume the main reason you do not want to run this as a live store would be issues in purchasing, shipping, or some other vital part of the online shopping experience.

Thanks for any insight into this.
Have you read what the reason is NOT to run this release for any live store?

Then why ask these kind of questions?

I did not see anything that said why NOT to run this for a live store other than there maybe bugs that need to be fixed. I just had a simple question that I did not see a direct answer to. Not everyone are coders and understand the process like you do. There is no need for sarcasm.

Thanks XSecrets for your reply. I did not think about the fact that there may not be an upgrade script from RC1 to the Final version.