Post by kingx » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:05 am

I think Opencart.com feature/roadmap could do with a update, if one of the mods gets time.
Last edited by kingx on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:37 am

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:44 am

This is not a feature request thread please post feature requests in the feature request forum.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter


Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:51 am
Location - FL US

Post by kingx » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:00 am

Xsecrets wrote:This is not a feature request thread please post feature requests in the feature request forum.
Is this for me ?
if so im not requesting features I'm just stating on the home page under feature, the roadmap has not been updated since last year. :P

also Daniel are you just looking for input on the theme, or any other input for 1.5 final.

now people don't start on this one im just asking.

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:37 am

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:44 am

kingx wrote:
Xsecrets wrote:This is not a feature request thread please post feature requests in the feature request forum.
Is this for me ?
if so im not requesting features I'm just stating on the home page under feature, the roadmap has not been updated since last year. :P

also Daniel are you just looking for input on the theme, or any other input for 1.5 final.

now people don't start on this one im just asking.
no It's for people who are saying things like please add blah feature.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter


Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:51 am
Location - FL US

Post by mgxtreme » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:45 am

Congrats to all those involved with this project.

I've used many of the Open Source offerings over the years and kept going back to OSCommerce but I have to say this opencart is miles ahead of OSCommerce in my opinion (even their latest version 3.x).

No more oscommerce for me :)

It looks neat, professional and is quick and slick.

Well done to all those involved.

Regards

Rob. (Staffordshire)


Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by Qphoria » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:57 am

Xsecrets wrote: no It's for people who are saying things like please add blah feature.
OH! I'd love to see blah feature!
+1

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by arch72 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:03 am

so would i
+1

love the cart, nightmare ahead before everyones wish list, bugs, features, likes, dislikes get taken in and out, my hats off to the developers and support team, open cart junkies we are all,

hope this goes smoothly, found too many bugs, most people have already listed them.

question, where can i see/download with bugs corrected?

please a quick and efficent process to get a final release

thanks to all

Good luck...we gna need it!

New member

Posts

Joined
Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:00 am

Post by Qphoria » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:14 am

arch72 wrote: question, where can i see/download with bugs corrected?
Daniel and I have started to properly use the SVN repository at google code for daily development. This means that throughout the day, we will be fixing and checking in our fixes to the repository so it will have more current updates.

This means you can always get the latest code from the google code svn

However, you need to understand what SVN is. Basically it is a common location that allows you to access the current code at any time and download it to your local PC to a specified location. From here you can upload it to your webhost.

It requires that you use an SVN client. I recommend using Rapid SVN
Add this repository url:
https://opencart.googlecode.com/svn/trunk
Export to your local folder
Upload to your site

Google how to use SVN with google code for more info. I'll see about getting a proper tutorial for it later

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by jefrey1983 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:16 am

what does blah module do? ???

anyway good job to D&Q as always :)

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by xtreme-styling » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:58 pm

so am i right in saying this a whole new cart? then a update to 1.49?

the reason i ask, is that i have waiting 3 months or so for this 1.5 and didnt upload new items and mods to my site as wanted to make sure could update it easily and not lose any hard work.

so what do i do now? wait for 1.5 to be a final version? or wait to a update patch for 1.49?

New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:58 pm

Post by SapporoGuy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:17 pm

So far from looking at the cart code, It's going to be messy to go from 1.4.x to 1.5.x
It's perfectly doable but I severely doubt you'll be able to just upload templates and extensions and expect them to work.
More than likely most everything will need porting. Some might just work but I'm going to suggest to wait and get the updates for the extensions and look forward to redoing your templates.

930sc ... because it is fun!


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:29 pm

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:21 pm

sjp1170 wrote:Hi Guys

1.5 is looking gr8, some really nice new features. However i'm surprised that we are at 1.5 without a built in product import/export system.... I know theres a mod for this on the earlier versions but surely this is a key feature, especial for sites that have lots of products like mine with 3500 +

Are there any plans to add this?


Anyway thanks for all your hard work

Steve
We are working on porting the Export/Import tool, the Google Checkout module, and others, to the new Opencart 1.5.0 version. Please be patient, it will take a few days.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by robster » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:23 pm

I did try to upload a template from 1.4.9.4 just for fun to my 1.5.0 demo site and it crashed and burned - hence the reason I have now taken it down.

Well it was worth a try. :)

I know my place...!


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:08 pm
Location - North Yorkshire, UK

Post by jty » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:26 pm

andyspartan wrote: I believe I've found a bug in the admin section. Go to System > Localisation > Languages and delete a language...
"Error: Table 'opencart_.oc_store_description' doesn't exist"
The protocol here is to check the first post of the "Bug" thread for the approrpirate release
Start here:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=31055
xtreme-styling wrote:the reason i ask, is that i have waiting 3 months or so for this 1.5 and didnt upload new items and mods to my site as wanted to make sure could update it easily and not lose any hard work.
Have a look at the vqmod mod in the free contributions section
It's a neat tool that enables us to do mods without touching the core files.
so what do i do now? wait for 1.5 to be a final version? or wait to a update patch for 1.49?
I'm waiting for 1.4.9.5 but it looks like it'll be delayed due to 1.5 RC1
So I'm continuing with 1.4.9.4 using vqmod to take me to 1.4.9.5 when it arrives and then 1.5 stable in however many months it'll take.

jty
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Qphoria » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:28 pm

SapporoGuy wrote:So far from looking at the cart code, It's going to be messy to go from 1.4.x to 1.5.x
It's perfectly doable but I severely doubt you'll be able to just upload templates and extensions and expect them to work.
More than likely most everything will need porting. Some might just work but I'm going to suggest to wait and get the updates for the extensions and look forward to redoing your templates.
I'll try to post a list of the small things that changed for most mods with some global replace steps. Things like breadcrumb generation, link generation, some rendering options, and children arrays. They are mostly minor, but all extensions are affected

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by arch72 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:43 pm

q,

Have tried a couple of times to use SVN, however i only see folders with 0.2 to 0.8 versions, have yet to find a current version, all the folders have dates that are quite old, am i missing something.

I used tortise svn
added the given url
saw the explorer type window
have all the various options, but no clear indication which file/folders are the correct one, have i got the right place

https://open-cart.googlecode.com/svn/trunk
branches
tags
trunk
wiki

please help, would like to keep up to date with this as it all comes together

thanks arch

New member

Posts

Joined
Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:00 am

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:43 pm

Qphoria wrote:
SapporoGuy wrote:So far from looking at the cart code, It's going to be messy to go from 1.4.x to 1.5.x
It's perfectly doable but I severely doubt you'll be able to just upload templates and extensions and expect them to work.
More than likely most everything will need porting. Some might just work but I'm going to suggest to wait and get the updates for the extensions and look forward to redoing your templates.
I'll try to post a list of the small things that changed for most mods with some global replace steps. Things like breadcrumb generation, link generation, some rendering options, and children arrays. They are mostly minor, but all extensions are affected
I'd hardly call the layout system minor. If your mod is visible then you are going to have quite a pain porting it. Don't get me wrong the layout system is incredible, but it adds several levels of complexity into the extensions.

I suppose that payment and shipping modules might not be too badly affected.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter


Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:51 am
Location - FL US

Post by Daniel » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:48 pm

arch72 wrote:q,

Have tried a couple of times to use SVN, however i only see folders with 0.2 to 0.8 versions, have yet to find a current version, all the folders have dates that are quite old, am i missing something.

I used tortise svn
added the given url
saw the explorer type window
have all the various options, but no clear indication which file/folders are the correct one, have i got the right place

https://open-cart.googlecode.com/svn/trunk
branches
tags
trunk
wiki

please help, would like to keep up to date with this as it all comes together

thanks arch

its:
https://opencart.googlecode.com/svn/trunk

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by glenns » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:32 pm

maperdel wrote:I really like the design and new features 1.5 has...the only thing I dont' like is the tabs, IMHO they have to go..

Glenss did a good job tweaking the css, you should take his modifications.

Congratulations and thanks again for your hard work!

Thank you ;)

I've set the breadcrumbs to have the same attributes as the other surrounding boxes, looks nicer, also I think the category list header (Refine Search) should be inside a div to allow for better formatting.

you can see what I mean here : http://cart.ezpage.co.uk/index.php?rout ... ry&path=18

Not sure if these type of comments should be here on in the bug thread ? their not really bugs more layout ideas.

New member

Posts

Joined
Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:14 am

Post by Qphoria » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:13 pm

glenns wrote: I've set the breadcrumbs to have the same attributes as the other surrounding boxes, looks nicer, also I think the category list header (Refine Search) should be inside a div to allow for better formatting.
I dislike the breadcrumbs in the box personally but do like the refine search one. Also I think the bullets for refine search should be arrow images rather than the default dot

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests