Post by gocreative » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:48 am

Neas wrote:Can we change the status in the products list?So we can enable or disable some items more quickly,no need to click "edit" one by one.maybe like this...
I agree. I'd change the 'Status' column title to 'Enabled' and then in each row just have a tick or a cross. Clicking on the tick or cross will change it to the other.

Also why is there an 'Edit' link at all? Why not just link the title of the item so that clicking edits it?

Post by avatar81 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:18 pm

I wonder if there will be a way do identify the items by their options... let's say for example that I'm selling 4 t-shirts with these specifications:
1 red Large
2 blue Large
1 green Small
On the product page I would see 2 option fields, one for colors and one for size. From what I tested, atm the system allows you to buy 1 red small one...

Well sorry for my English, i hope you got the point of what i'm trying to say ;)

Post by Johnathan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:59 pm

gocreative wrote:Also why is there an 'Edit' link at all? Why not just link the title of the item so that clicking edits it?
I agree, the link should be the product name. If anything, I think the Edit link should be changed to something like "Show in Store" with a link to the product's frontside page.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by Qphoria » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:49 pm

avatar81 wrote:I wonder if there will be a way do identify the items by their options... let's say for example that I'm selling 4 t-shirts with these specifications:
1 red Large
2 blue Large
1 green Small
On the product page I would see 2 option fields, one for colors and one for size. From what I tested, atm the system allows you to buy 1 red small one...

Well sorry for my English, i hope you got the point of what i'm trying to say ;)
You can have them separate currently. But without stock control. If you want stock control, you would need to make a single "Color/Size" option and list each combo

Black/Lrg
Black/Med
Black/Sm
Red/Lrg
Red/Med
Red/Sm
etc

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by dbstr » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:47 am

Qphoria wrote:
dbstr wrote:Are we gonna see the code soon? :)
LOL sorry.. I've branched the 1.4.x in SVN now and I'm going to upload the 1.5.0 code to the trunk soon. There are some bits of the code I really don't like (hardcoded names!!!) so I'm trying to work with daniel to change them.
Great. :) I like hardcoded names. Upload already. :D

Request Reviews v1.0 released.

Post by Purebeads » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:40 pm

I know that these are very cosmetic things, and that they can be changed in the code, but I don't like the aqua text and the squarish aqua buttons with the tiny text. I think that the old colors -- blue text and green buttons with rounded corners -- are much classier looking.

Regarding the mega menu (and by that I assume everyone means the dark gray bar across the top), if it is removed (or made removable), some other bar will need to take its place. If it is simply removed and there isn't any bar across the top, that won't look right. Maybe the developers can give us two default themes, one with the mega menu and one with the traditional OpenCart bar across the top.

Post by Guldstrand » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:02 pm

Apologies in advance for any stupid questions.
What will be the main features of the new version (which is not already in the current version)?

Location - Sweden

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Guldstrand wrote:Apologies in advance for any stupid questions.
What will be the main features of the new version (which is not already in the current version)?
global options with radio/checkbox/text input/file upload
points and rewards system
affiliate system
new layout system
more module positions.
and I'm pretty sure I still forgot some big ones.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Guldstrand » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:21 pm

Xsecrets wrote: global options with radio/checkbox/text input/file upload
points and rewards system
affiliate system
new layout system
more module positions.
and I'm pretty sure I still forgot some big ones.
Ok! Please fill in with more, when it pops up information on more (new) features.

I'm really looking forward to the new version. :)

Location - Sweden

Post by Johnathan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:54 pm

Purebeads wrote:I know that these are very cosmetic things, and that they can be changed in the code, but I don't like the aqua text and the squarish aqua buttons with the tiny text. I think that the old colors -- blue text and green buttons with rounded corners -- are much classier looking.
I disagree -- I like the newer button much better. The older ones looked...well, older. :)

But like you say, this is easily changed, so to each his own.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by scanreg » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:55 pm

Qphoria wrote:
avatar81 wrote:I wonder if there will be a way do identify the items by their options... let's say for example that I'm selling 4 t-shirts with these specifications:
1 red Large
2 blue Large
1 green Small

You can have them separate currently. But without stock control. If you want stock control, you would need to make a single "Color/Size" option and list each combo

Black/Lrg
Black/Med
Black/Sm
Red/Lrg
Red/Med
Red/Sm
etc
Stock control by attributes would be an outstanding feature. Many customers are used to having separate select boxes for Size, Color, and other options rather than one big select box with all the combos in that one box.

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:02 am

scanreg wrote: Stock control by attributes would be an outstanding feature. Many customers are used to having separate select boxes for Size, Color, and other options rather than one big select box with all the combos in that one box.
I hear that a log but few carts actually offer it. It's different when you are on a Tshirt site as that is easy to hardcode size and color to do that. But for an open-ended cart system, it needs to be dynamic so it is very difficult to do, which is probably why few actually have it.

Q

Administrator

Post by andrew222 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:41 am

Yo, Mr Q

I'm always following the threads on this forum as it's an interesting read but I get to yours and find that my eyes have slowly drifted over to the right and I'm watching the crazy keyboard guy animation. That's one messed up avatar ....... but it's very good >:D

Thanks for putting all the work into the newer cart. I'm sure you've already figured out that quite a few people are looking forward to it and I hope you get plenty of donations in return.

Andrew

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:16 am

Fyi daniel did all the work on 1.5.0
(For better or for worse)

Administrator

Post by QNAP » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:45 am

Q / Daniel

Thank you for putting all the work into the new OpenCart!

I'm really looking forward to the new version and I will be definitely one of those who will donate money for your hard effort!!

Will there be a PDF invoice feature in V.1.5.0 ?

It would be great to have the possibility to send PDF invoices directly from Admin to customers.

Post by andrew222 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:57 am

And many thanks to you Daniel. Clever and interesting things going on here.

Andrew

Post by cartpro » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:05 am

Qphoria wrote:
scanreg wrote: Stock control by attributes would be an outstanding feature. Many customers are used to having separate select boxes for Size, Color, and other options rather than one big select box with all the combos in that one box.
I hear that a log but few carts actually offer it. It's different when you are on a Tshirt site as that is easy to hardcode size and color to do that. But for an open-ended cart system, it needs to be dynamic so it is very difficult to do, which is probably why few actually have it.

Q
Actually, one my customer asked like in the admin page. Even though I explained him he didn't understand it. But when I showed the screen with 3groups of Options with 10 options values in each (10x10x10 = 1000) rows, he agreed to use the existing one.

Extensions: Multi-vendor extension
Shipping Modules: SuperShip Pro

Multi-Vendor Marketplace:Opencartmarketplace.com
IceCat to Opencart: Import millions of IceCat products to Opencart

Post by marc_cole » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:50 am

Sorry if I missed it, but does 1.5 allow us to have separate shipping calcs per store in a multi-store setup?

Marc

OpenCart v1.4.9.4
VQMod | Categories Home | Cleaner By Default - 2 Column | Speak Good English

Location - Seattle, WA

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:04 am

marc_cole wrote:Sorry if I missed it, but does 1.5 allow us to have separate shipping calcs per store in a multi-store setup?

Marc
No. I did mention that to Daniel about moving the store_id to the setting table allowing all settings to be store dependent, but he didn't want to do that just yet.. maybe 1.5.1 or later

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:15 am

marc_cole wrote:Sorry if I missed it, but does 1.5 allow us to have separate shipping calcs per store in a multi-store setup?

Marc
does it not do this already when you set different locations for each store?

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator