Post by OC2PS » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:08 am

And while you are test driving G3, also check out the GreyDragon theme that it comes with (but is not the default theme). Very powerful, flexible, modified from control panel (and CSS)..very cool...you don't have to mess with the theme to customize it...you just add a custom.css file (name configurable)...the theme reads it and the items in custom CSS override theme's default CSS!

While on the topic of themes, is there an easy way to convert language and currency dropdowns to just flags and links? What I am thinking is that each of these could be modules on their own, and there's a radio button menu in admin that lets one select - dropdown v flags :) Asking for too much?

Finally, on the product page, I am VERY happy to see that in the new OC design, you have busted additional photos out of the tab, and put them next to main photo. Kudos! Can the tabs be made optional so that if an admin wanted to have a long scroll for review, related products etc, instead of tabs, then he can just use a checkbox and voila! I know, I know, this doesn't HAVE TO BE in the core - it is a theme feature, but would be nice if the themes had this option....

OC2PS
OC 3.0.3.7, vQmod 2.6.2, Journal3 theme
Arcfesték, Csillámtetoválás, Henna
Check out: All my extensions | My FREE extensions

Location - Hungary

Post by OC2PS » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:19 am

Spree's "1 page" checkout looks cool:

I don't approve of too many options though:
- Register as new user
- Existing customer
- No thanks, proceed to checkout
with userid/password fields on the right.

There should be just 2 options:
- News user button (?) on left
- Login/ID fields on right

When user says he's new, take him through the checkout process and then ask him that if he wants to register, all he needs to do is assign a password. Tell him advantages of registering - like order tracking, order history, address book, etc

Of course, this has been discussed before and I believe Q is working on this...

So back to the original point: Spree's "1 page" checkout looks cool..gives the user an immediate understanding of what's going to happen...

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by Xsecrets » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:31 am

I don't see anything onepage about that checkout. Sure it has some indicators of what pages you are going to go through, but that does not make it a one page checkout. you could make the existing opencart checkout look almost identical to that with some theme changes if you wanted to.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by OC2PS » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:37 am

Xsecrets wrote:I don't see anything onepage about that checkout.
I see...thats why I put the quotes :) wasn't sure.

The look is neat...top to bottom as you go through steps...nice, intuitive...I'll try adapting 1.5.1's to this look in my theme. If Q doesn't already apply this to default theme, that is ;)

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by openmind » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:17 pm

Q look at OC 1.5 folder, click on right button, compress it , change name to dev-only-oc-1.5.0-not-ready-to-use-for-you.zip and upload to google code.. >:D

$Q = sqrt(pow(`perl -e "print -10 ** 100;"`,2))) votes for release it this week!

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:35 pm

openmind wrote:Q look at OC 1.5 folder, click on right button, compress it , change name to dev-only-oc-1.5.0-not-ready-to-use-for-you.zip and upload to google code.. >:D

$Q = sqrt(pow(`perl -e "print -10 ** 100;"`,2))) votes for release it this week!
lol yea.. sorry..3 day weekend here in the states.. very little gets done when the wife and kids are home

Tomorrow is likely :)

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:11 pm

sooskriszta wrote: The look is neat...top to bottom as you go through steps...nice, intuitive...I'll try adapting 1.5.1's to this look in my theme. If Q doesn't already apply this to default theme, that is ;)
I agree, the customer can "see" what the checkout route is going to be.

Looks nice.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by cevarief » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:13 pm

Qphoria wrote:
openmind wrote:Q look at OC 1.5 folder, click on right button, compress it , change name to dev-only-oc-1.5.0-not-ready-to-use-for-you.zip and upload to google code.. >:D

lol yea.. sorry..3 day weekend here in the states.. very little gets done when the wife and kids are home

Tomorrow is likely :)
Yeah, that's good for both developer and designer as we can play in localhost.

Post by gocreative » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:53 pm

i2Paq wrote:
sooskriszta wrote: The look is neat...top to bottom as you go through steps...nice, intuitive...I'll try adapting 1.5.1's to this look in my theme. If Q doesn't already apply this to default theme, that is ;)
I agree, the customer can "see" what the checkout route is going to be.

Looks nice.
It does look nice, but displaying them horizontally is often preferable as it makes better use of screen real estate. Plus if you have it running across the top of the page then it's a good quick reference for the user to see their checkout progress.

Post by opencartArab » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:16 pm

First notice:
the (Add to Cart) Button now it is picture.
i think change it to word it is better and its easy to use for translators.

التعليمات باللغة العربية على الرابط التالي
https://www.opencartarab.com/docs
استضافة اوبن كارت العرب
https://host.opencartarab.com

Expert Member

Post by bull5-i » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:55 pm

What about localizing Tax Class description field?
The description text would be different for various languages.
I personally think that this is one minor "feature" that is missing from full localization.

|V|355 \/\/17|-| 7}{3 |3357, ... [you know the rest]

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

All mods & extensions by me

Post by OC2PS » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:50 pm

gocreative wrote:It does look nice, but displaying them horizontally is often preferable as it makes better use of screen real estate.
In some cases, yes. However, here it's clearer vertically as tasks/steps are separated out, and as opposed to horizontal layout where it can look like tabs, here it does *look like* a single (multipart) page rather than a lot of different ones...

I don't believe through that from a usability viewpoint there is a HUGE distinction overall between the horizontal v vertical layout.
gocreative wrote:if you have it running across the top of the page then it's a good quick reference for the user to see their checkout progress.
I don't get that logic at all. Users always see the progress eitherway.
etc

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by allenshea » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:33 pm

Can we have SHARE in product? like below picture?
share.jpg

share.jpg (82.11 KiB) Viewed 3914 times

This is the link I've got above picture, http://demo.nopcommerce.com/products/70 ... tbook.aspx

Thanks!

Allen

I know nothing about PHP and SQL, but I still try my best to understand it.

Post by OC2PS » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:43 pm

This might have gotten lost among the 500 messages I have posted on this thread. Q?
sooskriszta wrote:I have a question about the links:
On top right
Home | Bookmark | Gift Vourcher | Wish List | Contact Us | Sitemap
On grey bar under black bar
Home | Login | My Account | Checkout
At the bottom
Information

About Us
Delivery Charges
Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions
Customer Service

Contact Us
Returns
Site Map
Extras

Wish List
Gift Vouchers
Affiliates
Specials
Account

Login
Order History
Newsletter
Now, I'm sure Daniel has put them in their specific places for a reason. However, not all of us may agree that the grouping is logical, or that repetition of some links in multiple places is a good thing. So my question is: Will there be a way for shop admin to determine (from admin panel) which links go where?

This question also goes for
On grey bar under black bar
Shopping Cart: x item(s) | Currency | Language

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by Skyhigh » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:05 pm

'Share Buttons' and the content of Footers are pretty irrelevant as these are simple things to add/change in the theme and would take you about 2 minutes to do.

This is also true of menu styles, whether you want a menu to appear on Hover or Click, or hover after a number of seconds. (jquery anyone?)

I think we need to try and concentrate on:
A) Front End - Functionality
B) Front End - General design issues, such as colour, layout, but not 'easily changed' content like footer links.
C) Admin - Functionality & Design, as users of OC are less likely to want to ever 'custom design' their admin area as it's not public facing.

LoveMoissanite.com - Moissanite Rings - Proudly Powered by Opencart
[How To] Speed Up Page Content with Opencart - Opencart advocate since 2009

Post by Xsecrets » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:29 pm

sooskriszta wrote:This might have gotten lost among the 500 messages I have posted on this thread. Q?
LOL after reading one of your recent posts I just couldn't help thinking it was like the little kid in your avatar was just throwing out questions as fast as they could without even breathing. I imagine that after the post you are gasping for breath cause you've been asking questions for 5 minutes rapid fire without breathing. Not sure why maybe because you put so many questions in each post or because you cram them all into one paragraph. :laugh:

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:36 pm

I'm not fully sure about the links. I was told that the information module would be positionable, but the current information bar is hardcoded. Hopefully that is just a temporary thing for now. I assume those would all be information elements and using the new instance based modules, you could decide which instance gets what and what the name should be, but that isn't likely how it will be done initially. We have to wait and see what Daniel is doing... then complain about it and I'll fix it :laugh:

Administrator

Post by OC2PS » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:42 pm

Xsecrets wrote:after reading one of your recent posts I just couldn't help thinking it was like the little kid in your avatar was just throwing out questions as fast as they could without even breathing. I imagine that after the post you are gasping for breath cause you've been asking questions for 5 minutes rapid fire without breathing. Not sure why maybe because you put so many questions in each post or because you cram them all into one paragraph.
That's not too far from the truth :laugh:

Although I do try to post several messages (as opposed to cramming too many questions in one paragraph) in order to logically separate them :crazy:

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by OC2PS » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:48 pm

Qphoria wrote:I'm not fully sure about the links. I was told that the information module would be positionable, but the current information bar is hardcoded. Hopefully that is just a temporary thing for now. I assume those would all be information elements and using the new instance based modules, you could decide which instance gets what and what the name should be, but that isn't likely how it will be done initially. We have to wait and see what Daniel is doing... then complain about it and I'll fix it :laugh:
Got it! As a suggestion, one way could be to have multiple "info" modules (info1, info2 etc)..which can be called whatever admin wants.

Then out of a set of available links, admin can decide which links to place in each info module; with repeating same links in multiple info modules being permissible...

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by QNAP » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:00 am

My first post here on this page.

First of all, I would like to thank you guys for putting in so much time and effort into developing this masterpiece!
All your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Now, I have a suggestion that, hopefully, you guys will agree that it's a good idea.
My suggestion is that maybe you guys could add a function in Admin panel Sales/Orders that will let shop-owners with Drop shipping management transfers customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer.

Thanks again for all your time and efforts. :)

Cheers!