Post by Scribe » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:06 am

Wow great work.

The new options screen is everything I need, at the moment I'm mish mashing my own system into 1.4 to allow uploading and custom option entry.

I'd really love to see a BETA and in fact a final version soon, any ETA yet? IMO I think it's best to push this version out and simply add new features incrementally.

By the way what's the login details for the admin section? admin and demo don't work for me.

Cheers

Post by Xsecrets » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:49 am

Scribe wrote: I'd really love to see a BETA and in fact a final version soon, any ETA yet? IMO I think it's best to push this version out and simply add new features incrementally.
I wouldn't hold my breath. It will be a little while. As you can see there are many, many show stopper bugs and incomplete features yet.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by msmith » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:30 pm

Scribe wrote: By the way what's the login details for the admin section? admin and demo don't work for me.
Maybe so people don't mess it up again ? lol

Post by QNAP » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:40 am

Xsecrets
I wouldn't hold my breath. It will be a little while. As you can see there are many, many show stopper bugs and incomplete features yet.
It sounds not good. If it is not available in April then I need to look at other solutions on the market.

Post by Qphoria » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:42 am

Goal is end of Feb

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by Xsecrets » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:31 am

Qphoria wrote:Goal is end of Feb
I might believe end of March. Honestly looking at the state it's in right now I don't see how you could even get a beta out by end of Feb.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Qphoria » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:09 am

Xsecrets wrote:
Qphoria wrote:Goal is end of Feb
I might believe end of March. Honestly looking at the state it's in right now I don't see how you could even get a beta out by end of Feb.
oh ye of little faith... when have we ever misstated a date before? :P

Administrator

Post by QNAP » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:00 am

Qphoria

Hope you are right! :)

Post by Johnathan » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:10 pm

Qphoria wrote:oh ye of little faith... when have we ever misstated a date before? :P
:laugh:

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by Daniel » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:09 pm

ok nearly everything is nearly done now. 2 things left. oe the manual order system and cleaning up css and other little bits of code.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by QNAP » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:26 pm

Daniel, It sounds absolutely wonderful. Great job! Looking forward to all the improvements of this new version!
Hopefully the new OpenCart V.1.5 outshine the recently launched PS 1.4.

Will there be an opportunity to One page checkout in the new OpenCart 1.5 ?
It is a feature that many customers are asking for.

Final version is getting closer.... :)

Post by Daniel » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:39 pm

I'm leaving out onepage checkout just to get 1.5.0 released. shouldn't take long to add it though.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by QNAP » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:26 pm

Daniel, OK, I really hope it will be implemented in OC 1.5.1

One page checkout leads to a better view of the customer and more trades.
This gives the customer a better overview and studies have shown that a good and fast implemented Onepage checkout can create up to 20% more orders!

Will there be an opportunity in OC 1.5.0 to shop without creating an account? Also a very important feature.

Post by Daniel » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:39 pm

QNAP wrote:Daniel, OK, I really hope it will be implemented in OC 1.5.1

This gives the customer a better overview and studies have shown that a good and fast implemented Onepage checkout can create up to 20% more orders!

Will there be an opportunity in OC 1.5.0 to shop without creating an account? Also a very important feature.
I don't know if why you just buy into hype put out by magentos marketing team but studies have found more people abandoned carts using one page checkout. I think a 3 stage clear checkout is much better than a badly put toogether ajax page.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Ion_Cannon » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:18 pm

Daniel wrote:
QNAP wrote:Daniel, OK, I really hope it will be implemented in OC 1.5.1

I don't know if why you just buy into hype put out by magentos marketing team but studies have found more people abandoned carts using one page checkout. I think a 3 stage clear checkout is much better than a badly put toogether ajax page.

Totally agree with you there. It's a myth that one-page checkout = better conversions. Most of the elite e-commerce sites do not use one page checkout and it's for a good reason...

Post by Qphoria » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:28 pm

QNAP wrote: One page checkout leads to a better view of the customer and more trades.
blah blah blah blah... ad-nauseam already. He said he'd add it later... we don't need BS statistics that we've all read a million times

Administrator

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:42 pm

Daniel wrote: I don't know if why you just buy into hype put out by magentos marketing team but studies have found more people abandoned carts using one page checkout. I think a 3 stage clear checkout is much better than a badly put toogether ajax page.
so does that mean that 1.5 will have a clear 3 stage checkout instead of the 7+ page checkout in 1.4.9?

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Qphoria » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:49 pm

Xsecrets wrote:
Daniel wrote: I don't know if why you just buy into hype put out by magentos marketing team but studies have found more people abandoned carts using one page checkout. I think a 3 stage clear checkout is much better than a badly put toogether ajax page.
so does that mean that 1.5 will have a clear 3 stage checkout instead of the 7+ page checkout in 1.4.9?
Nope, not 1.5.0 anyway
The normal checkout still needs a rewrite to combine to 2 paths into one checkout and put the username/password as an optional field at the end of checkout on the success page, or on the guest_step_1 page have an optional box at the bottom for "Create an account" and have the password boxes there. That is separate from the one_page_checkout

Administrator

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:23 pm

Qphoria wrote:
Xsecrets wrote:
Nope, not 1.5.0 anyway
The normal checkout still needs a rewrite to combine to 2 paths into one checkout and put the username/password as an optional field at the end of checkout on the success page, or on the guest_step_1 page have an optional box at the bottom for "Create an account" and have the password boxes there. That is separate from the one_page_checkout
so basically we're not going to get either in 1.5.0? I would really like to see at least the shortened checkout in 1.5.0, because to me it's a big enough change you really don't want it as 1.5.1 would be more like a 1.6.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Qphoria » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:42 pm

not gonna happen. maybe 1.5.2

Administrator