Post by Qphoria » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:43 am

OpenCart is popular but it can be even more popular if we link back and got more attention for the site.

So we'd like to poll the community for some creative and professional banners to make available for people to use to link back. There is no requirement to have a banner on your site, but for some it may be very useful to link back

So anyone with some graphic and animation skills who would like to help out, please do and attach them to your post in this thread

All sizes and shapes welcome!

Thanks!

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:07 am

Heres the logos as a multi layerd png file that can be manipulated with fireworks:

Attachments

OpenCart_logo_EPS.png

OpenCart_logo_EPS.png (89.39 KiB) Viewed 11907 times

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:00 am

Something like the Arvixe one on the home page is nice

Administrator

Post by shahz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:24 pm

I've made something rather simple, but that can go along with pretty much and design and will look best on a white template. Best to go in the footer.
ocbacklink.png

ocbacklink.png (12.33 KiB) Viewed 11672 times

The Lime Design | shahz

Post by op_user » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:35 pm

Optimized right under 40KB. (standard banner ad dimension)

Can't wait for 1.5! :)

I am waiting for Open Cart 3.0

Post by N1kko » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:52 am

Just nice and simple 180x150px

Attachments

ocbanner 180x150.png

ocbanner 180x150.png (7.97 KiB) Viewed 11460 times

Post by mystifier » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:30 am

Okay, so my graphic design is even worse than my code :laugh:
OpenCart.png

OpenCart.png (35.23 KiB) Viewed 11446 times

Free v1.4.9 Extensions: Default Specials | Improved Search | Customer Activity Report | Customer Groups | Royal Mail With Handling | Improved Product Page | Random Products | Stock Report | All Products

Post by johnnet » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:25 pm

oc.png

oc.png (26.08 KiB) Viewed 11409 times

Post by openmycart.com » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:04 pm

How about this one?

Attachments

opencart_logo1.png

opencart logo - opencart_logo1.png (8.44 KiB) Viewed 11396 times

Find and get many various of opencart modules, themes, mods, etc for your opencart store at http://www.openmycart.com/oc/, OPENCART SITE customization and Maintenance supports at here

Post by SXGuy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:29 pm

Heres my little contrib, nothing major but i think it looks nice.

included is the Photoshop PSD file and a png.

Png has a transparent background

PSD includes a background layer should you wish to have one.

PSD link http://rapidshare.com/files/441790531/OpenCart_logo.psd

sorry i couldnt attach as theres a 3 file limit

Attachments

OpenCart_logo_green.png

Opencart Logo Green - OpenCart_logo_green.png (28.57 KiB) Viewed 11359 times

OpenCart_logo_red.png

Opencart Logo Red - OpenCart_logo_red.png (27.92 KiB) Viewed 11359 times

OpenCart_logo_blue.png

Opencart Logo Blue - OpenCart_logo_blue.png (30.42 KiB) Viewed 11359 times

Post by 900pixels » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:58 pm

Daniel is right.
This is all about developing awareness of the opencart brand by getting it in front of more people. Keeping the logo in it's correct colours helps prevent the effect of this campaign from being diluted.

Post by N1kko » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:16 pm

Daniel wrote:
N1kko wrote:Just nice and simple 180x150px
this is good.
Thanks Daniel,

Like you say all banners need to make website visitors aware of Open Cart & what it is,
I will try get a few more designs drawn up over the next couple of days.

Post by N1kko » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:16 am

Full Banner 468x60px

Attachments

OC_Full_Banner_468x60.png

OC_Full_Banner_468x60.png (8.41 KiB) Viewed 11356 times

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:24 am

Daniel wrote:
shahz wrote:I've made something rather simple, but that can go along with pretty much and design and will look best on a white template. Best to go in the footer.
ocbacklink.png

this is good aswell but needs the blue oc colors.
I dunno if "blue" is something that matters so much.. For a logo that is meant to be shown online, you'd need something that works with different color themes... The real logo is the "Swish cart" and maybe the font.. but I think red and green and other colors are good for different themes. The old logo was red a year ago.. and in a couple years it will likely change again

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:25 am

Be nice to see some simple animation banners too

Administrator

Post by 900pixels » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:13 am

Qphoria wrote:
Daniel wrote:
shahz wrote:I've made something rather simple, but that can go along with pretty much and design and will look best on a white template. Best to go in the footer.
ocbacklink.png

this is good aswell but needs the blue oc colors.
I dunno if "blue" is something that matters so much.. For a logo that is meant to be shown online, you'd need something that works with different color themes... The real logo is the "Swish cart" and maybe the font.. but I think red and green and other colors are good for different themes. The old logo was red a year ago.. and in a couple years it will likely change again

Well I agree with Daniel that the blue is just as important a part of the opencart brand as the font or the 'swish cart' (nice name BTW).

Changing the colour weakens the brand because it makes it less recognizable. At the stage of development OC is at right now, building a strong brand will make more people aware of it which will make more people consider it as a serious option for e-commerce. It will also make it's brand seem more professional.

If I were Daniel, I would personally make a simple style guide for usage of the logo which restricts its use to maybe four colourways - Blue gradient (the original), solid monochrome blue, solid monochrome black, and solid monochrome white. If these four colourways do not fit into every theme and style of website on the planet, I will eat my shorts.

I know OC is not magento or drupal or WP but if you want to build this up and become a viable alternative to these platforms then being half arsed with your branding does not send the right message to potential customers.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:10 pm

Well I won't be having a blue logo on my site :) For something like Pepsi where the Red and the blue matter to the logo, it's different.. but online carts don't usually have that..

This is what matters, no matter what color:
Image..

maybe there should even be an "OC" in the middle of the cart for the "quick logo"

Administrator

Post by SapporoGuy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:05 pm

Branding colors.

+1 Q -- color dependent brands like Q mentioned, I'd also throw in "old" Apple, IBM, ie, and a few others.

Non-color dependent brands are all over the place. Microsoft, Toyota, Honda ... list goes on.

I'm backing Q also for the reason that the oc has changed colors several times.

And like I mentioned earlier, I will not put a logo on my site if it doesn't blend.

Do a google for google causing problems with site designs because google made a choice to color auto-insertion fields an off yellow.

The swish cart and the opencart name are actually very good brands. Catchy and simple. Whoever came up with them did an excellent job.
Compared to Magento ... I can never get the name straight, is it Magnet + o or is it Magenta - a + o ...

Other problems occur when look you at a company like Toyo-pet. eheh, Had no clue that they are Toyota.
Speaking of Toyota, anybody ever stop to think of why they are doing a brand change to Lexus? Honda and Nissan are still singular in the domestic market.

So, people please choose wisely if you want to make opencart only blue. Also, consider that in 3 years the main color might be red!

930sc ... because it is fun!

Post by qahar » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:15 pm

May i know what font is opencart logo?
And what is the standard text under logo? or the campaign text?

Here my design (310x170px) :
banner-310x170.jpg

the logo text, isn't smooth :( - banner-310x170.jpg (26.43 KiB) Viewed 11235 times

For footer (90x30px) :
footer-1.png

footer-1.png (3.13 KiB) Viewed 11273 times

footer-2.png

footer-2.png (2.9 KiB) Viewed 11273 times

footer-3.png

footer-3.png (2.87 KiB) Viewed 11273 times

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by superbrands » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:38 pm

A 468px X 60px banner..

Attachments

opencart_banner_type_1a.png

opencart_banner_type_1a.png (33.95 KiB) Viewed 11194 times

"For us, OpenCart is not 'just' a shopping cart. OpenCart is bigger than that. We bring OpenCart to the next level."

Produk:
- Toko Online - Toko Online Dropshipper - Toko Online Marketpace - Online Directory - Digital Marketplace - Property & Business Listings - News Portal - Corporate Website - Social Network

Info: http://www.bukausahaonline.com