Page 6 of 7

Re: OpenCart Alpha 3.1.0.0 has been released

Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:30 pm
by chesster
Maybe there is some fresh news on version 3.1?

Re: OpenCart Alpha 3.1.0.0 has been released

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:58 pm
by misteliquid
Any updates on 3.1 ?

Re: OpenCart Alpha 3.1.0.0 has been released

Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:53 am
by Jsf
Many people waiting for a new version. Maybe there is any news?

Re: OpenCart Alpha 3.1.0.0 has been released

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:53 am
by ErcanGUNES
Why is OpenCart's new update not available? When will the new update be released? OpenCart is a very nice system, but I do not understand why it is not updated.

Re: OpenCart Alpha 3.1.0.0 has been released

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:39 am
by Burt65
ErcanGUNES wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:53 am
Why is OpenCart's new update not available? When will the new update be released? OpenCart is a very nice system, but I do not understand why it is not updated.
I can help you here...
OC new update is not available because is not ready. Is not very hard to understand, is it?
In the past 12 months it seems that the OC team has worked on multiple fronts, but the amount of man power is still the same. That normally, tend to slow down things a bit... It will be ready when it will be ready...

Re: OpenCart Alpha 3.1.0.0 has been released

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:16 pm
by Jsf
Burt65 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:39 am
ErcanGUNES wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:53 am
Why is OpenCart's new update not available? When will the new update be released? OpenCart is a very nice system, but I do not understand why it is not updated.
I can help you here...
OC new update is not available because is not ready. Is not very hard to understand, is it?
In the past 12 months it seems that the OC team has worked on multiple fronts, but the amount of man power is still the same. That normally, tend to slow down things a bit... It will be ready when it will be ready...
1.5+ year is too much time for beta testing. The worst that can happen is to start a new eshop on the old version and find out that a new stable version has been released in a few weeks. I think everyone wants to know at least the approximate release time.

Re: OpenCart Alpha 3.1.0.0 has been released

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:46 am
by Burt65
Jsf wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:16 pm
1.5+ year is too much time for beta testing. The worst that can happen is to start a new eshop on the old version and find out that a new stable version has been released in a few weeks. I think everyone wants to know at least the approximate release time.
Ok then.. How much money have you got to invest in hiring more staff?
Again, you don't make any sense, as lots of us here have online shop running OC <3.1.x.x that have been running for years, and they are very stable..
Have you tried one?? It seems that you think you are entitle to something by giving nothing... Can you help? Get on Github and start to do something about!
Everyone wants to know the future, but we don't have a magic ball..

Now, tell me one thing and please be honest about. Why do you need Opencart version 3.1.x.x ?? I'm not joking. I'm genuinely try to understand your thinking...

Re: OpenCart Alpha 3.1.0.0 has been released

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:18 pm
by Jsf
Burt65 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:46 am
Jsf wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:16 pm
1.5+ year is too much time for beta testing. The worst that can happen is to start a new eshop on the old version and find out that a new stable version has been released in a few weeks. I think everyone wants to know at least the approximate release time.
Ok then.. How much money have you got to invest in hiring more staff?
Again, you don't make any sense, as lots of us here have online shop running OC <3.1.x.x that have been running for years, and they are very stable..
Have you tried one?? It seems that you think you are entitle to something by giving nothing... Can you help? Get on Github and start to do something about!
Everyone wants to know the future, but we don't have a magic ball..

Now, tell me one thing and please be honest about. Why do you need Opencart version 3.1.x.x ?? I'm not joking. I'm genuinely try to understand your thinking...
OpenCart is not a charity. One way or another, they make money. But we are not talking about it. I love OpenCart and still using 1.5 version on some projects. Every new version is better than previous. New features, bugs fixed and etc. OC 3.0.x is great version, but 3.1.x looks better. Firstly for updated Bootstrap, jquery. What does it means? Better performance and new posibilities. Also very important thing is that extension developer concentrating to newest version. No one wants to support old version. I can't start new project on 3.0.x version because soon it will be outdated. All attention will be directed to 3.1 version.

It is very common situation if you need extension for older version: "sorry, can't help, please update to new version". Everyone wants to know Opencart's plans so they can plan their own. And to decide what to make, so you don't have to regret it later.

We can't get stuck in the old version because rival platforms can overtake...

Re: OpenCart Alpha 3.1.0.0 has been released

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:46 pm
by Burt65
Jsf wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:18 pm
OpenCart is not a charity. One way or another, they make money. But we are not talking about it. I love OpenCart and still using 1.5 version on some projects. Every new version is better than previous. New features, bugs fixed and etc. OC 3.0.x is great version, but 3.1.x looks better. Firstly for updated Bootstrap, jquery. What does it means? Better performance and new posibilities. Also very important thing is that extension developer concentrating to newest version. No one wants to support old version. I can't start new project on 3.0.x version because soon it will be outdated. All attention will be directed to 3.1 version.

It is very common situation if you need extension for older version: "sorry, can't help, please update to new version". Everyone wants to know Opencart's plans so they can plan their own. And to decide what to make, so you don't have to regret it later.

We can't get stuck in the old version because rival platforms can overtake...
Opencart is freely available on Github. We are talking about Opencart here not the extension available in the Market. They don't belong to Opencart either, but the developers (the owners) pay a commission to keep the wheels running.. That doesn't mean that there is a contract in place with expected delivery dates!
And while on the subject of extension, could you please point me to which extension/s (plural) only support version 3.1.x.x as you seem to insinuate above???

The most logical thing to do as far as extensions, is to support which ever version/s seems to be the most requested. Definitely not 3.1 at the moment..
Now most developer's extension on the Market do offer support (for the majority) from OC 2.0.x.x to the latest 3.0.3.2. If a particular extension doesn't, you can always ask the developer for customisation to your version. Again not a real problem if you are serious about starting an online shop..

I can assure you that version 3.0.x.x are quite safe to use, before they become outdated (while possibly not as good as 2.3) as far as developer's opinion..
Either way just because 3.1 will be release it doesn't mean that people should stop using prior version. Opencart doesn't really work like that. It all depends on how much you got invested between design, extensions and customisation. If your current online shop does the required job, who gives a hoot about what version it is running on. You don't need the latest version of Opencart to have a successful business online.. Actually quite the opposite...

Re: OpenCart Alpha 3.1.0.0 has been released

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:19 am
by cyclops12
One thing i have noticed that hasnt changed for ages is this:
In admin/catalog you have listed "Manufacturers" which then lists all the manufacturers apple htc etc etc
YET you still have "Brands" listed in the footer and "Brand" is used on the manufacturer page
Why do you not use "Manufacturer" consistently across the site ??

Re: OpenCart Alpha 3.1.0.0 has been released

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:58 am
by Burt65
cyclops12 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:19 am
One thing i have noticed that hasnt changed for ages is this:
In admin/catalog you have listed "Manufacturers" which then lists all the manufacturers apple htc etc etc
YET you still have "Brands" listed in the footer and "Brand" is used on the manufacturer page
Why do you not use "Manufacturer" consistently across the site ??
Beside the fact that those are easily changeable in the language files (if I'm correct), by definition the brand is what the manufacture does own, so you can have 100 brands owed by a single manufacture... I guess that's why we got the two words having different meaning..

Prime example is Coca Cola.. How many other brands do they own?... To this day Coca Cola own about 500 different brands

Re: OpenCart Alpha 3.1.0.0 has been released

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:26 pm
by cyclops12
Thank you burt BUT then shouldnt the Brand page list brands instead of manufacturers i.e ipad,imac are brands of Apple?
As you can see the Manufacturers page is displaying the exact same as the Brands page
As it is coded to show manufacturers

Code: Select all

<div class="col-sm-3"><a href="<?php echo $manufacturer['href']; ?>"><?php echo $manufacturer['name']; ?></a></div>
Not a big deal really just think it would be better to have it uniform( i.e the same phrase)

Re: OpenCart Alpha 3.1.0.0 has been released

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:05 am
by Burt65
cyclops12 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:26 pm
Thank you burt BUT then shouldnt the Brand page list brands instead of manufacturers i.e ipad,imac are brands of Apple?
As you can see the Manufacturers page is displaying the exact same as the Brands page
As it is coded to show manufacturers

Code: Select all

<div class="col-sm-3"><a href="<?php echo $manufacturer['href']; ?>"><?php echo $manufacturer['name']; ?></a></div>
Not a big deal really just think it would be better to have it uniform( i.e the same phrase)
Again, as mentioned above, you can modify manufacturer.php to your heart content. It would have taken less time for you to edit the file than the above reply that doesn't really solve your issue... This is the beauty of Opencart: it is completely customisable!
If you want just to use Manufacturers you can, if you just want to use brand, you can do that as well. Do you want to add a separate page listing the manufactures with the brand listed as subfolder? You can do that too...

Re: OpenCart Alpha 3.1.0.0 has been released

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:52 pm
by IP_CAM
I love OpenCart and still using 1.5 version on some projects. Every new version is better than previous. New features, bugs fixed and etc. OC 3.0.x is great version, but 3.1.x looks better.
Well well well , you could not have it pointed out better, after beeing around here for 6 Years,
and with your giant amount of 29 NewMember Postings, 3 of them here ... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
You're one of them, creating money out of OC, as it looks, and you're eager to frequently push your
Customers, to move up, against cash. That's, why you Fellows can't wait, to get new Versions, without
ever thinking about, to share any of your own knowledge with the rest of the OC World.
But if you claim, that every new Version was better than the former one, then only, because you made
some money on each one again, because, since the change from 1.5.6.4 to OC-2, nothing really has
changed, from the Viewpoint of a regular OC User, the Front View Design is still the same. :laugh:
Lousy arguments, trying to leave some impression.
Ernie
Just to have added my cheese, I just could not withstand, ::) :D under the circumstances given ... :D

Re: OpenCart Alpha 3.1.0.0 has been released

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:31 am
by Jsf
IP_CAM wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:52 pm
I love OpenCart and still using 1.5 version on some projects. Every new version is better than previous. New features, bugs fixed and etc. OC 3.0.x is great version, but 3.1.x looks better.
Well well well , you could not have it pointed out better, after beeing around here for 6 Years,
and with your giant amount of 29 NewMember Postings, 3 of them here ... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
You're one of them, creating money out of OC, as it looks, and you're eager to frequently push your
Customers, to move up, against cash. That's, why you Fellows can't wait, to get new Versions, without
ever thinking about, to share any of your own knowledge with the rest of the OC World.
But if you claim, that every new Version was better than the former one, then only, because you made
some money on each one again, because, since the change from 1.5.6.4 to OC-2, nothing really has
changed, from the Viewpoint of a regular OC User, the Front View Design is still the same. :laugh:
Lousy arguments, trying to leave some impression.
Ernie
Just to have added my cheese, I just could not withstand, ::) :D under the circumstances given ... :D
Pro level writer, I don't understand why you get angry ?? Maybe you are an OpenCart lawyer? First of all, no one accuses or responds badly. Just interested and want to know more information. Why are you talking about money? Probably it is your goal?

Old people have a harder time adjusting to innovation, so I am well aware of why such hostility to the new version is...

Re: OpenCart Alpha 3.1.0.0 has been released

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:01 pm
by iplocker
I just wondering , thinking to upgrade from 2.3.0.2 but shall I upgrade to 3.0.3.2 or shall I wait the 3.1 ?

Re: OpenCart Alpha 3.1.0.0 has been released

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:58 pm
by OSWorX
iplocker wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:01 pm
I just wondering , thinking to upgrade from 2.3.0.2 but shall I upgrade to 3.0.3.2 or shall I wait the 3.1 ?
Currently 2.3.0.2 ist still the best option.
3.1 may come out this year, and after there will be a stable release, I would recommend then this.

Re: OpenCart Alpha 3.1.0.0 has been released

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:13 pm
by cyclops12
OSWorX wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:58 pm
iplocker wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:01 pm
I just wondering , thinking to upgrade from 2.3.0.2 but shall I upgrade to 3.0.3.2 or shall I wait the 3.1 ?
Currently 2.3.0.2 ist still the best option.
3.1 may come out this year, and after there will be a stable release, I would recommend then this.
This is what i can never understand ??
WHY release a version that is not stable ?
Surely test test and test more to get it stable BEFORE releasing it
This would help alot of people from downloading and installing a non-stable version and having lots of problems

p.s i suppose i better be careful otherwise straighlight will lock this thread :)

Re: OpenCart Alpha 3.1.0.0 has been released

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:19 pm
by straightlight
p.s i suppose i better be careful otherwise straighlight will lock this thread
The last question above does not impact on anything ... based on your last inquiry, I don't see any reasons why this topic should be locked based on those questions. Topics are being locked due to valid points, with reasoning and whenever the action must be taken where locking a topic needs to be considered as a last resort in a situation. One should not feel concerned whenever it regards product feedback which is the case on this topic as I did specifically addressed that this forum is mainly about gathering incident requests about the product itself.

Re: OpenCart Alpha 3.1.0.0 has been released

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:07 pm
by OSWorX
cyclops12 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:13 pm
This is what i can never understand ??
WHY release a version that is not stable ?
Surely test test and test more to get it stable BEFORE releasing it
This would help alot of people from downloading and installing a non-stable version and having lots of problems
Pusblishing a (new) version clearly named NOT "stable" is a common way/procedure in the OpenSource world and practiced since many, many years.
Why is it done this way?
Rather using (PC/MAC) software from companies like Microsoft and therefore being always a "testuser" (and bet with every update that your system is still running afterwards ..) downloading a package called NOT "stable" indicates in a clear way that it is not stable.
And should not be used in live/production environements!

But as always these days, people download every piece they find, install it .. and complain afterwards that is does not work!
They should learn to read - did they not "visited" any school .. ?

A second - and very major part of doing so - is the fact, that everyone can (and should) install such early releases, use and test it to find any bugs.
And report them.
To become a "stable" release.

If people do not agree with that process, they should not use this peace of software.

cyclops12 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:13 pm
p.s i suppose i better be careful otherwise straighlight will lock this thread :)
No, because he is not the only and one mod here.