Post by ofzswi » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:15 am

Hi together
Is there any Upgrade in the Coupon-System and Order Edit? I used some years ago Prestashop and looked also into the Magento System.

For the Coupons:
Those features would be awesone:
  • More Digits allowed than 10
  • Automatic Generation of Coupons with pre-given Format/Setting
  • More Flexible Rules to get a Discount using a Coupon like; Amount-Cap (Max. Discount), For Customer-Groups, for specific Customers, Buy X get Y 0-100% Discount and more
  • a Product/Category Rule System (TRUE/FALSE, AND/OR, IF/IFNOT) something like in Magneto
I almost need 3-4 Extension to get nearly to that and not all of them worked good! Magento has a good Solution for that.

For the Order Edit:
The Current Function is unusable. Step-by-Step Order Edit with not really good customizable things.
  • One-Page Layout (no steps)
  • Change everything, Customer, Product, Payment Method, Discounts
  • Change Product Quantity, used Price
  • Change Discounts, Coupons, Order Totals
There are Extensions too for that. But it should built in. It is not possible from Admin Site, to add an individual Customer Order with Product X, where the Price is different from the Store. You need to manage that with Discount, Special Prices or Customer Groups - not friendly.

Absolutely don't know if something of that is currently on the Radar?... there is no list with upcoming features.

Thanks.

Post by Johnathan » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:39 pm

I realize you're asking that these features are added into the core, which I agree would be very useful, but for others that may be looking for this functionality right now:

For the coupon needs, Super Coupons and Ultimate Coupons can do those things. The only thing on your list they don't support is automatic coupon generation, though they do support regex coupon codes, so you can add multiple coupon code variations with a single coupon.

For editing orders, Edit Order Line Items lets you edit anything on the order, and is on a single page. It requires a bit more manual work (for example, it doesn't automatically recalculate shipping) but it is very flexible in what you can modify.

If anyone is interested, feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and you can contact me at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by moneycarlo » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:50 am

So is 3.1 still a thing anymore, or is it still in Alpha stage 2.5 years later? Sounds like they're working on a v4 now? Anyone have an idea of where things are headed?

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:07 am

moneycarlo wrote:Anyone have an idea of where things are headed?
Well, v.3.1.x has officially been dropped, when the Boss decided, to concentrate on OC v.4. :D
But like with other Versions (1.5.6.x / 2.3.0.2.x), some people might further work on/with v.3.1.0.x. ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by OSWorX » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:42 pm

IP_CAM wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:07 am
moneycarlo wrote:Anyone have an idea of where things are headed?
Well, v.3.1.x has officially been dropped, when the Boss decided, to concentrate on OC v.4. :D
3.1.x is dead, long lives 4.x

p.s.: the "Boss" has to made this decision, because of all those latest changes the current code has massive changes compared to prior versions.
This is how things evolve ..

pps: Ernie: you should check your postings .. BBCode does not work inside your messages ..

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:53 pm

Ernie: you should check your postings .. BBCode does not work inside your messages ..
Well, it suddenly happen, I really wish, I would know why .... ???

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:09 am

When hitting the: 'Post Reply' button, go to Options at the bottom tab on the page and see if the Disable BBCode is check marked or not.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:46 am

me assh...... THANK YOU !

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland