Post by Qphoria » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:04 pm

was actually removed earlier.. but was still in SVN when I first started, so it snuck back into 1.4.7. Then removed in 1.4.8 as we weren't using/supporting it any longer

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by aicdigital » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:31 pm

Hi Xscrets ... not really sure what you are talking about ... We are our own host .... ;)
Xsecrets wrote:
aicdigital wrote:Flawless .. Thanks Q .. Updated in 15 minutes no problem at all.
AIC INCORPORATED http://www.asktp.com is now running QC1.4.9 - even with the modified ProShop template !!!!

Awesome work!!!
wow I went there to check it out and closed the tab after about 2 minutes and the site hadn't come up. You may seriously want to look into getting a new host.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed May 12, 2010 4:08 am

Post by mbaldock2001 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:35 pm

Qphoria wrote:was actually removed earlier.. but was still in SVN when I first started, so it snuck back into 1.4.7. Then removed in 1.4.8 as we weren't using/supporting it any longer
many thanks Xsecrets and Q. will remove the file from my upload directory also so it doesn't sneak back in again :)

i have also noticed the bestseller module box is empty (this may have been the case with 1.4.8b or earlier!?)
has anyone else come across this?
see details here: viewtopic.php?f=112&t=18797

thanks
M

OC v1.4.9.1
(dev:)WampServer v2.0: Apache 2.2.11, PHP 5.3.0, MySQL 5.1.36
(prod:) Apache , PHP 2.10.0.2, MySQL 5.1.37


Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:27 am
Location - Paris, France

Post by VotreEspace » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:59 pm

i'll upgrade tomorow, today i'm listing the mods i've made... and I lost one! lol
i've mod 1.4.8b to have images of products in printed invoice, but I dont recall or written what i've actualy changed to get that result! hehe

VotreEspace Services Internet (Français)
VotreEspace Services Internet (english)


User avatar
Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue May 25, 2010 3:30 am
Location - Quebec city, Quebec, Canada

Post by Qphoria » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:18 pm

aicdigital wrote:Hi Xscrets ... not really sure what you are talking about ... We are our own host .... ;)
Xsecrets wrote:
aicdigital wrote:Flawless .. Thanks Q .. Updated in 15 minutes no problem at all.
AIC INCORPORATED http://www.asktp.com is now running QC1.4.9 - even with the modified ProShop template !!!!

Awesome work!!!
wow I went there to check it out and closed the tab after about 2 minutes and the site hadn't come up. You may seriously want to look into getting a new host.
It was down for me too that day. I guess time to get a new "you" ;)


mbaldock2001 wrote: i have also noticed the bestseller module box is empty (this may have been the case with 1.4.8b or earlier!?)
has anyone else come across this?
see details here: viewtopic.php?f=112&t=18797

thanks
M
It's empty if you haven't sold anything

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by SirMoo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:46 pm

If I could make a small suggestion... In the upgrade instructions, you may want to add a small blurb about fixing permissions for the folders once you over write them. I was bombarded with a ton of errors until I realized the problem was just my permissions were modified when over writing.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by printhub » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:34 am

Hey, just upgraded my shop, to 1.4.9 - but it isn't actually making my transparent PNG's for product images transparent!...

The new thing added to this was;
"Image class supports proper extension name on resize and transparency for png and gif"

Was I wrong in thinking it could now upload and re-scale transparent png's??

The styling of my shop will be ruined if I have to use standard white backgrounds, or anything for that matter! :(

Please help!

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:22 am

Post by Simple » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:27 am

Thank you, Just upgraded with no problems :-* :-*

Thanks for making cart contents transfer over to paypal too, very handy.

User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by Qphoria » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:23 am

printhub wrote:Hey, just upgraded my shop, to 1.4.9 - but it isn't actually making my transparent PNG's for product images transparent!...

The new thing added to this was;
"Image class supports proper extension name on resize and transparency for png and gif"

Was I wrong in thinking it could now upload and re-scale transparent png's??

The styling of my shop will be ruined if I have to use standard white backgrounds, or anything for that matter! :(

Please help!
I'll check it again. It was working last I checked.

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by cmebd » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:03 pm

VotreEspace wrote:i'll upgrade tomorow, today i'm listing the mods i've made... and I lost one! lol
i've mod 1.4.8b to have images of products in printed invoice, but I dont recall or written what i've actualy changed to get that result! hehe
This would be a really "nice to have" mod if you make it available.

Tks in Advance.

Cheers

A stupid question is the one you -don't- ask.........(Anon)

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:17 am
Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by davykeenan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:02 am

NOTES:
- No changes should be needed for most third party Extensions. Most extensions that worked for 1.4.8/1.4.8b should work for 1.4.9 without change.
- I've included a new file in the root called "delta.txt". This file has a list of ALL the files that changed since the last full released version (1.4.8b).
- The Admin Order Edit has been completely redone. Admin Order Insert is delayed until future versions
- If using an RC version of 1.4.9, I've shown the list of files that changed since RC3 near the bottom. Be sure to run the upgrade script when going to 1.4.9 Final.
Can I just ask the reason behind the removal of the admin order edit?

One of my extensions relied on this to function correctly, just wondering if the admins can relpy with a list of files I need to change to reinstate this function??

Thanks

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:01 pm

Post by Qphoria » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:05 am

davykeenan wrote:
NOTES:
- No changes should be needed for most third party Extensions. Most extensions that worked for 1.4.8/1.4.8b should work for 1.4.9 without change.
- I've included a new file in the root called "delta.txt". This file has a list of ALL the files that changed since the last full released version (1.4.8b).
- The Admin Order Edit has been completely redone. Admin Order Insert is delayed until future versions
- If using an RC version of 1.4.9, I've shown the list of files that changed since RC3 near the bottom. Be sure to run the upgrade script when going to 1.4.9 Final.
Can I just ask the reason behind the removal of the admin order edit?

One of my extensions relied on this to function correctly, just wondering if the admins can relpy with a list of files I need to change to reinstate this function??

Thanks
It was "redone" not "removed". What feature are you missing?

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by davykeenan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:19 am

This text fields to edit order shipping and totals are missing, see image attached.

Could you let me know what files i need to edit to get it back??

Image
Last edited by davykeenan on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:01 pm

Post by bader » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:27 am

Now, I'm working on local payment module using 1.4.8b. If I upgrade my opencart to 1.4.9 .. it will work or not?

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:38 am

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:36 am

bader wrote:Now, I'm working on local payment module using 1.4.8b. If I upgrade my opencart to 1.4.9 .. it will work or not?
If it's a straight payment module and it doesn't make any changes to any files an upgrade should not affect it.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter


Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:51 am
Location - FL US

Post by davykeenan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:48 am

Hi Bader, with all due respect to Xsecrets this is not exactly correct, just make sure your payment module does not rely on any specific features in Opencart as per the example above posed by myself.

I would check this over and if your module relies on functions of the main system, I would check the roadmap to make sure there are no changes in the specific functions your module relies on.

As your module will be dealing with payment locally and if you need to edit payment info in the admin section you may need to modify the admin order files as the admin edit order feature seems to have been changed in 1.4.9 and advanced features rescheduled for a later release. (see picture above)

Can I ask out of curiosity if by local payment system you mean a point of sale system? Where the shop owner would actually take payment at point of purchase and enters the details into the site there and then?

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:01 pm

Post by gustavoBRZ » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:35 am

Qphoria wrote:
gustavoBRZ wrote:This is a bug or mistake?
The payment method show the price and not the name off payment...
and the order total field is missing ...
maybe the variables is in the wrong place?
how can a fix this?
i need now what tipe off the payment the client use for check like paypal for exemple...
maybe is just put back the variable on order.tpl can you fix? or show for me how? PLEASE??
Well it looks like a bug, but I can't reproduce it. I tried adding some items and removing them.. reloading the page.. it always says "Cash on delivery" as it should for me. What are you doing to get this to occur?
i have this using a module pagueseguro from payment on Brazil is like a paypal from there but they work fine on 1.4.8b and should work fine on 1.4.9 or not?
If i send the for make this payment module can you add on Open? this is too much using on Brazil

they have the instruction to make the module on php and they have done for oscommerce but if you PLEASE HELP US whit this payment module gonna be the haven .. the web site is

http://visie.com.br/pagseguro/linguagem/php/

this is the official web site for the payment whit the develop code for make de payment module is just 3 small page

this send the products from cart to web site to pay

http://visie.com.br/pagseguro/linguagem ... -carrinho/

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:12 am

Post by davykeenan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:49 pm

davykeenan wrote:This text fields to edit order shipping and totals are missing, see image attached.

Could you let me know what files i need to edit to get it back??

Image
Hi guys I know you guys must have loads to moderate but any luck on this question?

I would really like this back in the main release as I found out the hard way many of times that backward steps are the cause of many a headache, just wondering if this is an option?

Thank agian,

Davy K

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:01 pm

Post by Ianf » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:04 pm

Hi Guys
First time poster, I have a store which I have launched with 1.4.8b now thw hosting company says I must upgrade as they are installing PHP 5.3.3. They tried this yesterday and the site went off so they had to roll back.
Are there problems with different PHP versions and opencart?
Our wordpress blog also went down so I think it may be them.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:14 am

Post by Qphoria » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:51 pm

Im pretty sure 5.3 has been supported in OpenCart for the past few versions. What does "the site went off" mean?

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests