Post by opencartArab » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:15 am

Hello everyone!

It seems like OpenCart 3.0.2.0 has just been released officially today.

Download here:
Download

BUGs should be posted at the OpenCart GitHub Issue tracker.

Good Luck..

التعليمات باللغة العربية على الرابط التالي
https://www.opencartarab.com/docs
استضافة اوبن كارت العرب
https://host.opencartarab.com

Expert Member

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:45 am

Well, great, the only things, still missing, would be, to also get a v.3 Forum as well,
to 'handle' those, unable to get one of the older v.3 Subversions to work.
And then someone, able and willing to reply to the many Topics, where Users are
already seeking some assistance, Themes, and thousand other Gizmos ... :laugh:
Ernie

Update 20.July, the V-3 Forum now exists ! :D

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by lz1nud » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:31 pm

Any rumors for a new release date? It's been almost 6 months since last version.

Sky-Mag Bulgaria

Location - Bulgaria

Post by straightlight » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:58 am

There's no need to wait for a new release while Github Opencart rather expects from us to download the package periodically which prevents on releasing new releases on a constant basis all-together.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by beerlim » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:48 pm

So basically, go to github/opencart and
use the clone or download button, then just pull the latest zip file, then unzip it and ftp all the files over the latest released version which at this point if V3.0.2.0 on the server, then go to the /install folder and upgrade ? or am I missing something? How often do you suggest doing that ?

/Marcel

Post by Johnathan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:08 pm

I disagree with straightlight. I strongly recommend NOT downloading the code from github for a live store --- it may have bugfixes and other improvements over the release versions, but (at least historically) it also often has unfinished code. That partially implemented code can cause major issues in some circumstances when trying to use it on a live installation.

My recommendation is to download an official version, and then apply the bugfixes that have been noted in the bugfix topic. If you find other bugs, post in that topic (or the appropriate support sub-forum) and see if anyone has a fix. I understand that's not ideal --- and what we'd all like is more frequent bugfix releases --- but in my experience that's the quickest way to a stable store.

If you do end up downloading from github and have a good experience with it, please post in here so others know that the current github revision (as of Dec. 17th, 2017) is stable and without any unfinished code.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by straightlight » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:28 pm

Johnathan wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:08 pm
I disagree with straightlight. I strongly recommend NOT downloading the code from github for a live store --- it may have bugfixes and other improvements over the release versions, but (at least historically) it also often has unfinished code. That partially implemented code can cause major issues in some circumstances when trying to use it on a live installation.

My recommendation is to download an official version, and then apply the bugfixes that have been noted in the bugfix topic. If you find other bugs, post in that topic (or the appropriate support sub-forum) and see if anyone has a fix. I understand that's not ideal --- and what we'd all like is more frequent bugfix releases --- but in my experience that's the quickest way to a stable store.

If you do end up downloading from github and have a good experience with it, please post in here so others know that the current github revision (as of Dec. 17th, 2017) is stable and without any unfinished code.
It is puzzling at this point. The Opencart forum focuses on the Bug Reports section due to passed encountered issues provided from the downloads section of opencart.com while even the Opencart creator rather focuses on the bug fixes from Opencart Github in order to constantly post reported issues along with added / removed features without any notifications than for each users to see the updated changes on Github. The same team all-together working on separate sides among several hundreds of thousands of users depending on this platform in order to obtain what they want. ::)

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Qphoria » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:39 am

I'd have to agree with Johnathan, yes there may be fixes in github, but likely a ton of other new issues possibly related to either new unfinished features, or new untested issues created by bug fixes. But it all depends on how strict they are with branch control. If we had some definite clarification that there is a dedicated 3.0.2 branch would ONLY have bug fixes checked in, then it might be ok, but I don't see a 3.0.2 branch.. only a 2.3, dev, and master.. of which I have no idea which is which.

Administrator

Post by beerlim » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:22 pm

This there are not that many releases per year and they are not automated, why not create a branch for the current release?
This would make it much easier for folks that are waiting for bug fixes on the current release.

/Marcel

Post by straightlight » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:48 am

Qphoria wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:39 am
I'd have to agree with Johnathan, yes there may be fixes in github, but likely a ton of other new issues possibly related to either new unfinished features, or new untested issues created by bug fixes. But it all depends on how strict they are with branch control. If we had some definite clarification that there is a dedicated 3.0.2 branch would ONLY have bug fixes checked in, then it might be ok, but I don't see a 3.0.2 branch.. only a 2.3, dev, and master.. of which I have no idea which is which.
The only problem with this inquiry, even though I'd mostly have to agree with it, is this recent post on Github as we can see here: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pu ... -355947300

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by schiggi » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:09 pm

Are there any news on the upcoming release? Looks like many bugfixes have been made on Github.

Post by moneycarlo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:58 pm

Well he recently updated the version number on github to 3.0.3.0b so there's that.

Post by straightlight » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:48 pm

Take note that, until official notice, the 3.0.3.0b release is not an official release.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Kiu » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:32 am

Hello.
Thanks for the information. I googled a lot to find any kind of roadmap...maybe you can help me?!
Is there any site, where we can see the progress to the next, final release? Or an estimate?
I‘m about to set-up a new shop and I‘m wondering, if it is a matter of days, weeks or month.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards
Kiu

Kiu

Post by straightlight » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:04 am

No estimate. v3.0.2.0 release works well as it is when installing the bug fixes provided on the bug reports section of the forum. Very few codes to update afterwards but minor severity compared to previous versions.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by davidbfranks » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:21 pm

straightlight wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:04 am
No estimate. v3.0.2.0 release works well as it is when installing the bug fixes provided on the bug reports section of the forum. Very few codes to update afterwards but minor severity compared to previous versions.
Still I see many bugfixes on GitHub, I'm surprised there hasn't been a release, it's been quite a while now...

Location - London

Post by Kiu » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:04 pm

Hello,
we are about to upgrade our existing shop from Opencart 1.6 to the latest Opencart 3.
- I can see, that the latest offical release (3.0.2.0) is about one year old
- I recognized, that there is a beta 3.0.3.0b
- also there seem to be a Cloud-Edition upcoming

As I'm a newbee, I hope, that some of the OC-Veterans can help me to decide and answer some questions:
- Will the next release be ONLY for Cloud or will be a "classic" version also available in future?
- Do you guys think, that the next release will be within the next four weeks? Just an estimate...I know, that there is no guarantee ;-)
- Would you start with 3.0.3.0b or go for 3.0.2.0?
- If you recommend 3.0.2.0, how can I filter for "Hot Fixes" the best way

Thank a lot (!!!) for your help.

Kind regards
Kiu

Kiu

Post by emilioj » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:25 pm

Hi there!

Any idea about when will v3.1.0 be available?

Do you think it's realistic to think we'll have the new stable release during this month (July)?

Thanks!
E

Post by affect » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:56 pm

Not even release rumors around, so I guess not. Especially since it's a BS3 > BS4 migration that's underway.

MultiMerch Marketplace for OpenCart

Post by Kiu » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:42 pm

@affect: Can you tell us, what is BS3 / BS4?

Kiu