Post by opencartArab » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:15 am

Hello everyone!

It seems like OpenCart 3.0.2.0 has just been released officially today.

Download here:
Download

BUGs should be posted at the OpenCart GitHub Issue tracker.

Good Luck..

http://opencartarab.com

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:45 am

Well, great, the only things, still missing, would be, to also get a v.3 Forum as well,
to 'handle' those, unable to get one of the older v.3 Subversions to work.
And then someone, able and willing to reply to the many Topics, where Users are
already seeking some assistance, Themes, and thousand other Gizmos ... :laugh:
Ernie

Update 20.July, the V-3 Forum now exists ! :D

Ernie's OpenCart v.1.5.6.5 LIGHT + OpenShop Admin v.1.75 Test Sites
http://www.ebikes.li - http://www.evelo.li - http://www.openshop.li

Guru Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by lz1nud » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:31 pm

Any rumors for a new release date? It's been almost 6 months since last version.

Sky-Mag Bulgaria

Location - Bulgaria

Post by straightlight » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:58 am

There's no need to wait for a new release while Github Opencart rather expects from us to download the package periodically which prevents on releasing new releases on a constant basis all-together.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by beerlim » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:48 pm

So basically, go to github/opencart and
use the clone or download button, then just pull the latest zip file, then unzip it and ftp all the files over the latest released version which at this point if V3.0.2.0 on the server, then go to the /install folder and upgrade ? or am I missing something? How often do you suggest doing that ?

/Marcel

Post by Johnathan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:08 pm

I disagree with straightlight. I strongly recommend NOT downloading the code from github for a live store --- it may have bugfixes and other improvements over the release versions, but (at least historically) it also often has unfinished code. That partially implemented code can cause major issues in some circumstances when trying to use it on a live installation.

My recommendation is to download an official version, and then apply the bugfixes that have been noted in the bugfix topic. If you find other bugs, post in that topic (or the appropriate support sub-forum) and see if anyone has a fix. I understand that's not ideal --- and what we'd all like is more frequent bugfix releases --- but in my experience that's the quickest way to a stable store.

If you do end up downloading from github and have a good experience with it, please post in here so others know that the current github revision (as of Dec. 17th, 2017) is stable and without any unfinished code.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by straightlight » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:28 pm

Johnathan wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:08 pm
I disagree with straightlight. I strongly recommend NOT downloading the code from github for a live store --- it may have bugfixes and other improvements over the release versions, but (at least historically) it also often has unfinished code. That partially implemented code can cause major issues in some circumstances when trying to use it on a live installation.

My recommendation is to download an official version, and then apply the bugfixes that have been noted in the bugfix topic. If you find other bugs, post in that topic (or the appropriate support sub-forum) and see if anyone has a fix. I understand that's not ideal --- and what we'd all like is more frequent bugfix releases --- but in my experience that's the quickest way to a stable store.

If you do end up downloading from github and have a good experience with it, please post in here so others know that the current github revision (as of Dec. 17th, 2017) is stable and without any unfinished code.
It is puzzling at this point. The Opencart forum focuses on the Bug Reports section due to passed encountered issues provided from the downloads section of opencart.com while even the Opencart creator rather focuses on the bug fixes from Opencart Github in order to constantly post reported issues along with added / removed features without any notifications than for each users to see the updated changes on Github. The same team all-together working on separate sides among several hundreds of thousands of users depending on this platform in order to obtain what they want. ::)

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON