Post by i2Paq » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:10 pm

Qphoria wrote:1.4.9.1b :joker:
No, please, people could see this as: 1.4.9.1 buggy :crazy:

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by hawkey » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:24 pm

Hi

Do you know when 1.4.9b or 1.4.9.2 or something updated will be released? Will be it in deys or weeks?

Thanks a lot for your hard work.

Visit OpencartEx - Opencart extensions
Opencart rady a návody česky | Podpora Opencart

Location - Olomouc, Czech Republic, Europe

Post by Daniel » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:35 am

i'm aming for this month so it should be in the next 2 weeks.

affliate system is now done.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by alex1 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:54 am

Daniel,

Thank you so much for your hard work. We are super excited to see 1.5.0, especially:

http://www.opencart.com/opencart/image/ ... sign_4.png

and we know it's going to be the best ecommerce solution!

Thank you for making it easy for all of us to have ecommerce stores!!

Alex

Post by Purebeads » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:50 am

Daniel, are you saying that 1.4.9.x will be out in 2 weeks, or that 1.5 be out in 2 weeks? Will 1.5 have the wish list feature in it?
Last edited by Purebeads on Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by alex1 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:16 pm

Purebeads wrote:Daniel, are you saying that 1.4.9.x will be out in 2 weeks, or will 1.5 be out in 2 weeks? Will 1.5 have wish lists in it?
I'd like to know this too.. I hope for 1.5! I have a site I'm waiting to launch until 1.5 comes out.

Post by op_user » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:30 pm

alex1 wrote:
Purebeads wrote:Daniel, are you saying that 1.4.9.x will be out in 2 weeks, or will 1.5 be out in 2 weeks? Will 1.5 have wish lists in it?
I'd like to know this too.. I hope for 1.5! I have a site I'm waiting to launch until 1.5 comes out.
It's best if you wait until 1.5.1 as 1.5.0 will likely contain bigger bugs since it's a major version. 1.5.1 will come out sooner if you can help with bug testing :)

I am waiting for Open Cart 3.0

Post by Xsecrets » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:54 pm

Daniel is talking about 1.5.0 Q is/was handling the 1.4.x branch and Daniel has been working on the 1.5.0 branch, but before you get your hopes too high Daniel does get a bit optimistic on his timelines from time to time.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by xds » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:41 pm

alex1 wrote:I have a site I'm waiting to launch until 1.5 comes out.
Same
op_user wrote:It's best if you wait until 1.5.1 as 1.5.0 will likely contain bigger bugs since it's a major version.
I agree with you as far as publicly launching but for just getting the store configured and products added etc, for people like alex and I it is best to start with 1.5. Give plenty of time to hash things about before a public launch and as you later mentioned, also helps with debugging the package =]
Xsecrets wrote:Daniel is talking about 1.5.0
Yay!
Xsecrets wrote:before you get your hopes too high Daniel does get a bit optimistic on his timelines from time to time.
Yea this is very true as 1.5 was announced to be launched end of August but having a developer that is optimistic is good even if he doesn't meet his own expectations. In my opinion though Daniel shouldn't even tell people dates because then people start crying about when it is going to happen instead of realizing the amount of work that is being put into this FREE system.

Thanks for all the hard work being put into this awesome ecommerce package!

Thanks for 1.5!

xds

Post by op_user » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:58 pm

xds wrote:people start crying about when it is going to happen instead of realizing the amount of work that is being put into this FREE system.
true. there are others though that appreciate the timeline and understand delays to be a natural part of the process. :) I'm looking forward to bug testing

I am waiting for Open Cart 3.0

Post by Qphoria » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:13 pm

xds wrote:
Same
So you are professional code waiters? Not a lot of money in that. How about you get your store running on 1.4.9.1 and make some money, get your name out there, and improve your rankings while waiting for 1.5.0. Then you can continue to make money while you update your store in the background

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by jty » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:51 pm

Qphoria wrote:Then you can continue to make money while you update your store in the background
And bring back some money for the Donate button :P
Qphoria wrote:So you are professional code waiters? Not a lot of money in that. How about you get your store running on 1.4.9.1 and make some money, get your name out there, and improve your rankings while waiting for 1.5.0. Then you can continue to make money while you update your store in the background
Yer, but why didn't you remind me of this before I started my upgrade to 1.4.9 ::)
In hindsight, I should have stayed on 0.7.9. I love 0.7.9. My 0.7.9 site is better than my 1.4.9 in progress site. But it's too late to roll back now

Q is right. By the time 1.5 comes out, then add on time for populating the database, put the products in, descriptions, images etc etc. Then waiting for the search engine juice ............. it's a long wait for the money
Just get any version out there and get the ball rolling before you miss the recession. I recommend version 0.7.9. It's bug-free :laugh:

jty

Post by alex1 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:39 am

Qphoria wrote:
xds wrote:
Same
So you are professional code waiters? Not a lot of money in that. How about you get your store running on 1.4.9.1 and make some money, get your name out there, and improve your rankings while waiting for 1.5.0. Then you can continue to make money while you update your store in the background
I'm waiting for 1.5 because I will also have a forum and a blog, and the theme is going to stay consistent. I would rather do the theme just once.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:58 am

alex1 wrote: I'm waiting for 1.5 because I will also have a forum and a blog, and the theme is going to stay consistent. I would rather do the theme just once.
But what cart feature are you waiting for? We haven't released a full set of features yet.. so far they are just heresay.

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:04 am

Xsecrets wrote:Daniel is talking about 1.5.0 Q is/was handling the 1.4.x branch and Daniel has been working on the 1.5.0 branch, but before you get your hopes too high Daniel does get a bit optimistic on his timelines from time to time.
I wish that 1.4.9.2 would come out so I (and others) could use it as a base for developing a store and, like Q says, make money and when 1.5.x stable is there upgrade "off-line".

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by Qphoria » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:29 am

Ok sure.. for your reasons i2paq I can release 1.4.9.2

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:32 am

Qphoria wrote:Ok sure.. for your reasons i2paq I can release 1.4.9.2
I knew it!! Your da man! O0

No kidding, I'm really waiting on 1.4.9.2.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by alex1 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:58 am

Qphoria wrote:
alex1 wrote: I'm waiting for 1.5 because I will also have a forum and a blog, and the theme is going to stay consistent. I would rather do the theme just once.
But what cart feature are you waiting for? We haven't released a full set of features yet.. so far they are just heresay.
I'm hoping for a built in Google Checkout module (i prefer built in, and not outside developed), and also to be able to set free shipping on a product level, as opposed to global.

I'm also hoping for better search... if i type in a few random keywords now, it comes back with no results. I need to type in search terms that are close together for a result to come back. For example, if a product is called red top widgets, and i search for red widgets, it doesnt find it. if i search for red top, then it finds it.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:04 am

There will not likely be a built in google module. Payment modules are too much work to maintain. We'd rather focus on the core and keep modules separate.

Free shipping at the product level can be worked in, but it's not much different than just setting require shipping to no which is already at the product level.

Better search is planned but probably wont be in 1.5.0. Maybe 1.5.1 or 1.5.2. For now there is a mod to explode the search terms that works fine and would likely be what we'd use

Administrator

Post by alex1 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:19 am

Qphoria wrote:There will not likely be a built in google module. Payment modules are too much work to maintain. We'd rather focus on the core and keep modules separate.

Free shipping at the product level can be worked in, but it's not much different than just setting require shipping to no which is already at the product level.

Better search is planned but probably wont be in 1.5.0. Maybe 1.5.1 or 1.5.2. For now there is a mod to explode the search terms that works fine and would likely be what we'd use
How can the free shipping be worked in at the product level? I searched but couldnt find much info...